The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New account or new game?

harvb
harvb
Soul Shriven
Hiya, wonder if some kind soul can help me out please - not even sure this is the right area, but hopefully (fingers crossed).

I used to play ESO loads a while back and for various personal reasons stopped playing. I have a whole bunch of Crowns on that account. I could have asked the Devs to investigate matters and maybe it would have resolved it but I preferred to walk away and that's on me, not them.

I would like to start over on a new server and have those Crowns, preferably through a Steam account. This just makes more sense for me in terms of admin.

I have no idea if this is possible.

So I guess my question is:

- Can I buy a new copy of the game on Steam and then transfer my account to Steam so I don't lose the Crowns? I could then start a new character/on a new server and no-one would know who I was.

- Or, if this is not possible, do I just start over on a new server with the ESO client and just ignore Steam and don't bother with it?

Hope what I'm saying makes sense!

Thanks kindly,

-h-

La Placa Rifa
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @harvb

Crowns from non-Steam ESO would not be able to be transferred to Steam ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But, presumably, you could gift items from one to the other, provided platform(pc,ps,xbox,mac...?) was the same?
  • harvb
    harvb
    Soul Shriven
    It would both be PC. It would be a shame if they couldn’t be transferred. That almost seems like it would be a simple administrative issue rather than a logistical upheaval.
    La Placa Rifa