Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A reminder

• Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    We have been putting up with this stuff for years. Long before malware times :|

IF it is the same after a break of 15 months and a playtime of some months payed .. now 1 ? montth break again.. Yeah..
    2nd pc... 3rd net upgrade meanwhile..
    All their arguments that it is n my side arent valid.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Yes but imagine the rage if they had delayed it further?!

I'd rather have a finished product that actually works, with no bugs, even if it took a little longer.

Plus we'd still be able to log in, to do something else, if it had been delayed.

As it is, we can't log in, at all.

• Doree89
    Doree89
    ✭✭
    Never expected to be flawless and smooth but at the end i just hopped for few mins online, to:

1. pick daily reward
    2. do my writs
    Aetherius Art & Tamriel Homes PC EU, @Doree89
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reminder that most of this was pushed through from home during this real life bs, and that we should all be a little thankful it was only a week delayed and that we have gotten as much as we have despite it all. Its not just you who have been home alone, try to show some respect and gratefulness, and a litte patience and give it a day or 2 to settle down. Take a walk or watch a movie, imagine fixing a server without proper access to equipment and staff during part of the process..

Would have been the same a year ago or next year. We've been here before, you know?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭
    I WOULD AGREE with topic starter if it was for the first time BUT IT'S THE SAME FOR 6 YEARS. No corona or something else excuse zos. Everything ingame works like it's last time. Literally. So don't foul us.
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

youtube.com/channel/UCK7WFB_iXIlWH5ekxnqhi9g
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question.

Was there quarantine when Elsweyr was released? Summerset? Morrowind?

I can understand why people, especially people in the EU lose patience, each major update happens the same.

Although, many exaggerate the drama.
    Edited by Chicharron on May 26, 2020 8:42PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    A reminder that most of this was pushed through from home during this real life bs, and that we should all be a little thankful it was only a week delayed and that we have gotten as much as we have despite it all. Its not just you who have been home alone, try to show some respect and gratefulness, and a litte patience and give it a day or 2 to settle down. Take a walk or watch a movie, imagine fixing a server without proper access to equipment and staff during part of the process..

I 100% agree with this, OP.

*Braces for incoming nerdrage*

Rofl the Nerdrage comment cracked me up, you know 100's of years from now it will be an actual Webster's word and you coined it!
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazra wrote: »
    So I'm curious per your example. If your mum makes you dinner, do you a)thank her or b)just tell her that it's about time she did what was expected of her?

1. My mom is family. ZOS is not family.
    2. I don't pay my mom to make me dinner. I pay ZOS to deliver a service.
    therefore
    3. I don't expect my mom to make me dinner. I expect ZOS to deliver a service.

If you want to use my example, compare it to dining at a restaurant. I don't fall on my knees and thank the waiter for being given the opportunity to hand over money for food. They expect me to give them money, and I expect them to give me food in return. That's how a restaurant works. If I pay them for food and the waiter comes back two hours later and says "Whoops, chef burnt the food. You can come back tomorrow and pay for another serving, but you also have to pay for the serving you didn't get today!" I'd be rightly pissed.

ZOS expects me to give them money, and I expect them to give me access to their game in return.

game, set, match.
  • criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    I have been working in the business of backend-server programming for 25 years now. Never in my professional life has it been an issue to put a new version to production from home. Working from home in IT is zero reason to explain delays in delivery.
    The problem is the management who doesn't want to invest into proper scaling of the hardware. Having to go down for several hours for a patch is not state of the art either.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some baiting comments as well as some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What a load of rubbish. Yesterday we had a working (but buggy game). Today we have nothing.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I paid for service and product. I expect it to work and be able utilize it. I can not blame others for raging. My end is working

but does not excuse ZoS for many issues that exist since beta and resurface even after so many performance patches and

upgrades. So the people experiencing outages are with in their rights to argue and complain if they're paying ZoS money.

Welcome to customer service life no one is forced to it but if you do and it is your job is to get yelled at sometimes. Sucks but

that is the customer service life.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "pushed through from home"

You people act like they were communicating via messenger pigeons, and using bike couriers carrying USB sticks to transfer data.