The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dig Up Tamriel’s History with the New Antiquities System"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
bda5791586437f75b7da43ad6a08ad6c.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Dig Up Tamriel’s History with the New Antiquities System" blog article.

Discover the new Antiquities system in this latest Greymoor preview!
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean eventually we might get a shovel as a home furnishing yes?

It is fairly hard to excavate ancient ruins with a plow and a hammer alone!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's just me, but the new Antiquities video (linked within the article) didn't play for me on Chrome, only on Edge.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on April 29, 2020 4:05PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How hard are the mini-games? From what I understand, they come in quality levels like other items (white-green-blue-purple-gold), and are unique to player (i.e., not like treasure maps, where you can google the location). So, are the gold ones freakishly difficult? Is it going to take you days and days and hundreds of attempts to solve the more difficult mini-games? I don't want them to be brain-dead easy, but I also do not want them to be aggravating!
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we will have backpacks on costume like on the trailer ! <3

Currently on PTS the antiquarian robes (the one on the picture above) it doesn't have any backpacks and the one we can't see above is so nice...
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    How hard are the mini-games? From what I understand, they come in quality levels like other items (white-green-blue-purple-gold), and are unique to player (i.e., not like treasure maps, where you can google the location). So, are the gold ones freakishly difficult? Is it going to take you days and days and hundreds of attempts to solve the more difficult mini-games? I don't want them to be brain-dead easy, but I also do not want them to be aggravating!
    The ultimate difficulty of scrying with all available tools is OK. Those who are not into such games can 'win' only one focus out of 6 with ease and then will need to search 6 locations instead of one. You can always make another try to improve scrying result.

You have multiple tries to dig item using excavation. Even if you are bad at it, you can dig at least main item.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's just me, but the new Antiquities video (linked within the article) didn't play for me on Chrome, only on Edge.

The linked video plays for me on Edge, Chrome, or Firefox, all on a Windows 10 computer.

Looking forward to trying Antiquities when it becomes available on PS4!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the boethra statue is her in ohmes-raht form
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on how useful these items for the Specific roles or tasks?

Like,

Healers
    Thieves
    Tanks - PvE
    Assassins
    Crafters
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Unarmed Characters
    Fishing
    Etc...
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you can see I have multiple characters. Can I have it where only one or two characters focus on the Antiquities and share what they find with the other characters or is it, everyone, for themselves?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scrying interface looks much better than what we saw in some of the early previews!
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    If I find a lead on one character will I have a way to transfer it to my master antiquarian? For example I do more dungeons on my tank, but he doesn’t have extra skill points to max out the passives, so if he finds a lead in a dungeon could I somehow send it to my crafter?

All leads being in journal sounds simple enough at first but greatly reduces player flexibility!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I find a lead on one character will I have a way to transfer it to my master antiquarian? For example I do more dungeons on my tank, but he doesn’t have extra skill points to max out the passives, so if he finds a lead in a dungeon could I somehow send it to my crafter?

All leads being in journal sounds simple enough at first but greatly reduces player flexibility!

Leads are account-wide. You will see all found leads on any character. You can scry the lead on one character and excavate this lead on another.
    one mer to find them,
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about antiquities. There will apparently be a way to check a zone progress, and leads will be account-wide... Does this mean we'll eventually reach a point where all the antiquities will have been found, and then there will be nothing to do anymore, on any character, in the antiquities system. If such a point is reached, how do we progress in the skill lines with other characters? And how do we find additional Indeko runes and motif pages?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about antiquities. There will apparently be a way to check a zone progress, and leads will be account-wide... Does this mean we'll eventually reach a point where all the antiquities will have been found, and then there will be nothing to do anymore, on any character, in the antiquities system. If such a point is reached, how do we progress in the skill lines with other characters? And how do we find additional Indeko runes and motif pages?
    Most antiquities can be found many times (you need lead every time), the exception are mount parts. I think it is possible to level up skills on scrying and digging treasure items that are available from start on every zone (green, blue and purple). On my NA character I got level 6 just on green and blue items. Note that the biggest progress of skill lines is from the antiquity achievements. Actual scryings and excavations give much less progress to skills.
    Indeko runes are bonus items that can be found in addition to the main antiquity. Bonus items are random items, you can't search for them using Augur, you have limited turns to dig them.
    Motif pages are antiquities (main items to be found). It looks like leads to motif pages are found in chests from treasure maps in appropriate alliance zones.
    one mer to find them,