The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to get support for a game breaking issue

finn325
finn325
Ticket #200418-005421 - been awaiting an agent for over 7 days. From all my research I have been socially banned. Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon and tells me that I must have done something that justifies this, I have been playing for a year and largely using the same addons. I don't do zone chat much at all. I queued for a normal random with my partner and our kid and we got CoA I, just the three of us and a pug. We completed the dungeon, said "tyfg" and commented that the pug didn't seem too social, that's when we noticed that we couldn't see what each other were typing in group chat. We tested a few things, guild chat still worked, didn't think too much about it and logged out for the night. I really became suspicious the next morning when I couldn't access guild traders. I have received zero communication from Zos. I submitted a ticket and started trying to figure out what to do, disabled all my addons, spent considerable time trying to figure out if it was something wrong on our end. After figuring that it wasn't our issue I started to do research and came to the conclusion we have been slapped with a social ban. Probably due to a lag event and a flurry of keystrokes landing on the server (3 accounts playing from behind a single router, same IP, could contribute to it...) anyways, I found a post on here that said don't submit a new ticket it will put you to the back of the line, if you need a faster response update your existing ticket, now I find contrary information that says don't update, that will put you to the back of the line too...

As a manager who runs a help desk I'm pretty shocked that submitting updates to a ticket would drop your position in the queue. If that's true I think zos needs to work on their ticketing system, especially for a company that has no other way to reach them. Regardless, what I would really like is for zos to deal with this, it's a multiplayer game in which I can't interact with players, it's game breaking, I can't organize pugs, I can't pug trials, I can't trade when I get a drop that a guildie wants... I'm very effectively cut off from the ESO community. If you are going to drop auto ban hammers you need to have some way of expedited review, your filters are going to catch some people they shouldn't. Even if I had committed some sort of social crime my punishment has already far exceeded it, and now I find out that I may have contributed to the delay just by updating my ticket?!? Anyways, my long rant is at an end, please Zos, review my ticket quickly, and consider offering some sort of compensation for the loss of my use of the game for a week (or possibly up to 20 days? Even in these times that seems excessive, like I said, I run a help desk and we guarantee a 30 minute response time. I'd be ok with a week to fix my issue if they could just communicate that fact to me - oh, and if updating our tickets are going to place them at the back of the line, why on earth would you even give people the option to update? It really is mind boggling...
  • Xao
    Xao
    Honestly mate, you just have to be patient I understand its frustrating especially with it being a social ban they just seem to be extremely backlogged with not enough CS staff to cover it in a timely manner, I myself am on my 11th day of waiting for a response.
  • finn325
    finn325
    Thanks, you are right of course, but it did help to just type it all out - with no communications from ZOS whatsoever I just needed to vent. I wish they'd just let us know directly that someone is on it, even an automated email every day saying "Hey, we haven't forgotten about you, we're busy, but we promise, we will get to it" would help. There are xxx tickets ahead of you - then you could gauge your progress in the queue. I bet they would have a lot less complaints about crappy customer service and they wouldn't even have to change that much about how they operate.

Ok, second rant done, back to waiting patiently...

:smile:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @finn325

We have sent you a private message to update you on the ticket status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • finn325
    finn325
    Thanks @ZOS_BillE,

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the issue can be resolved quickly.

• finn325
    finn325
    So some follow up. @ZOS_BillE did check on our tickets, and their help was probably essential in getting 2 of the three tickets resolved. This happened on April 28th. So I'm fixed and so is my kids account right now but for some reason my wife is still waiting. 13 days and counting. All three tickets were submitted on the same day, mine first, then my wife and last my kid. Now 2 of 3 resolved. All for the same issue... the whole system makes no sense and it is completely unreasonable to cut someone off from a service they pay for for 2 weeks without any communication whatsoever. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'm including everyone I can link in this conversation in the hopes that it will get this problem solved.