Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tried Battlegrounds...Not Fun

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP numbers are irrelevant mostly in BG. They do not showcase how skilled a players is. Other day I ended up with 3 players on my team ranging from 200-400CP, but they stuck around together and we literally Destroyed other 2 teams. I think I ended with 20-0-34 on my new mDK build.

What @Qbiken said, MMR being fixed only to go UP is one of the major issue. Their has been so many forum posts with detailed explanation what needs to be done in order to make BG system work, but unfortunately it being part of the base game, doesn't make any extra revenue for ZO$ hence I doubt they have dedicated any resources towards improvment or making the whole system better in general.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    CP numbers are irrelevant mostly in BG. They do not showcase how skilled a players is. Other day I ended up with 3 players on my team ranging from 200-400CP, but they stuck around together and we literally Destroyed other 2 teams. I think I ended with 20-0-34 on my new mDK build.

What @Qbiken said, MMR being fixed only to go UP is one of the major issue. Their has been so many forum posts with detailed explanation what needs to be done in order to make BG system work, but unfortunately it being part of the base game, doesn't make any extra revenue for ZO$ hence I doubt they have dedicated any resources towards improvment or making the whole system better in general.

I think ZoS does play with BGs, but it’s a no-win situation. Keep experienced players in high MMR games only and the queue times are 15 minutes plus. Spread them out and 1-2 per team and they go around wrecking people.

People are dead set against raising the floor in pvp, but I don’t think people realize in BGs on PC-NA it’s about 20 people total who’re going around wrecking people. A LOT of people are in the try hard skill level and their game doesn’t fit their ego, they’re the ones blaming team mates when someone isn’t there to carry them.

ZoS looks to me to be trying to figure out how to make everyone happy and not discourage new players because new players are close to free AP for the most part right now.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lot of people are realizing for the first time what a nightmare it is to pug battlegrounds. Imagine never winning a battleground literally ever because you don’t have a pre-made group and are forced to pug. At least now I can que knowing I have as good a chance at winning as the next person.

That being said, they should still have a separate queue for pre-made groups. It will take longer, you’ll need 4 people to even queue for it, but it would at least be there.

No offense but I never feel bad if you solo que into a group mode. That's like saying I qued into a dungeon all d and was upset I got a fake tank, it happens when you play a MMO alone.

You have options to join a PVP guild that does BG or make friends and que with them. The game isn't designed for solo play clearly as there is supposed to be communication to stick together.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    GRXRG wrote: »
    GRXRG wrote: »
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    @GRXRG - Seems you are right about this ping pong, and somehow resetting the MMR did initially helped but in longer run, the people who play more BGs than others will again be on higher MMR and eventually be paired against lower ones.

There is no definite way of saying how ZOS has it figured out when making groups, but ATM it's not very reliable.

True, but if you are a bad player, maybe not in pve gear, but with a good pvp build and you are in a team with really good players for many matches you will get carried in an higher MMR that you don't deserve to be in, because the game registered you win 10 games in a row in streak and so for the game you are a good player.
    I might say a bad and inaccurate thing, but if you lose matches in BGs your MMR will go down or remain exactly the same?
    Because if it doesn't go down that explains all, you might have been carried to a higher MMR that you don't belong into.
    I remember in Guild Wars 2 PvP there was a sort of MMR leaderboard that start from Bronze-Silver-Gold-Platinum-Diamond, if you win a lot you arrive to be let's say Platinum. But once in that "zone" if you lose like 20 games you return to be a Silver player and matched with other Silver players.
    Dunno if ESO works the same.

They reset the MMR for this patch for that reason.

But if I lose a match, I lose MMR or stay the same? That's the big issue.
    I don't know how to express myself well sorry, english is not my main language.

Imagine you play 10 games starting from the lowest resetter MMR.

You win all of them because matched with great players, but you are below average.
    As soon you will have worse teammate and face other great players you will start losing a lot, but you are still placed on that high MMR because of the 10 carried wins, or your MMR will go down same as guild wars 2?
    From what I've heard (combined with my own experience):
    In eso you don't lose mmr when you lose games. MMR is accumulative and is determined by the amount of games you play, regardless of performance (I do think your mmr is boosted more with higher scores but you get my point). This is by far the biggest problems eso battlegrounds has. It's actually a much bigger problem than "premades vs non-premades". Not having brackets in a battleground makes the entire system pointless, and makes the leaderboards for BG's even more pointless.

This right here is the problem. Not "premades". If they had a better system the "premades" if as good as everyone says they are, would be facing only other elite players winning all their games because the people that get carried to high mmr would go down in rank taking them out of that premade level.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lot of people are realizing for the first time what a nightmare it is to pug battlegrounds. Imagine never winning a battleground literally ever because you don’t have a pre-made group and are forced to pug. At least now I can que knowing I have as good a chance at winning as the next person.

That being said, they should still have a separate queue for pre-made groups. It will take longer, you’ll need 4 people to even queue for it, but it would at least be there.

No offense but I never feel bad if you solo que into a group mode. That's like saying I qued into a dungeon all d and was upset I got a fake tank, it happens when you play a MMO alone.

You have options to join a PVP guild that does BG or make friends and que with them. The game isn't designed for solo play clearly as there is supposed to be communication to stick together.

The main issue with your logic is that yes, people are in guilds for PvE and PvP, but that doesn't mean you have a whole group ready to go at a moment's notice whenever you want to do content. I play at weird times in the day, when not a lot of my guildies are on. Plus, not everyone wants to do battlegrounds or a dlc dungeon at the same moment that I want to. In this game's first year before they had a group finder for dungeons, it was on the verge of dying because it had no way for people to do dungeons without spending 2 hours finding people to form a group.

Also, using the "just join a guild/ get friends" is the lamest argument you could ever make. Not everyone out here is trying to connect with 20+ people so that they maybe have someone to carry them through dungeons/battlegrounds.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Zos gave a clear indicator that bgs have more focus on solo queuing :) and when I solo queue into a bg then I am still not playing alone... i still play with 3 other humans against 8 humans = mmorpg
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main issue with your logic is that yes, people are in guilds for PvE and PvP, but that doesn't mean you have a whole group ready to go at a moment's notice whenever you want to do content. I play at weird times in the day, when not a lot of my guildies are on. Plus, not everyone wants to do battlegrounds or a dlc dungeon at the same moment that I want to. In this game's first year before they had a group finder for dungeons, it was on the verge of dying because it had no way for people to do dungeons without spending 2 hours finding people to form a group.

Also, using the "just join a guild/ get friends" is the lamest argument you could ever make. Not everyone out here is trying to connect with 20+ people so that they maybe have someone to carry them through dungeons/battlegrounds.

Then you can shout for people to play with or you can solo que find players who do well and send them a tell "hey want to group for a few bgs?" Or just solo que and hope for the best tbh. Why should people that want to que together be punished?
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »

Zos gave a clear indicator that bgs have more focus on solo queuing :) and when I solo queue into a bg then I am still not playing alone... i still play with 3 other humans against 8 humans = mmorpg

Sometimes you play with 3 other people that do the content. Sometimes you play with people that feed the opposing team. Sometimes you play with people that do the modes right, but that's a lot of sometimes in there.

Zos is trying it just like they tried dot meta right? Or what about them saying they would never let you buy skill lines? Or how about them saying there will never be an alliance change token? Or what about them flopping back and forth on campaign lock? Or what about them changing dizzy swing every patch the past year? Them capping aoe abilities then uncapping them? Just look at their new changes to light and heavy attacks...... Heavy attack meta going to be doing crazy damage maybe even 1 shotting people again.......

Yep it sure sounds like they know exactly what they are doing. There has been a lot of negative feedback about playing with friends. That is what players look for when they join a MMORPG. So you are right you are playing with multiple people, but none of them are friends.

Meaning if I didn't play and my wife didn't and we picked up the game, then found out we can't play together we would just leave. That means 2 new players left instead of gaining those 2 players. That means zos loses money. I can tell you now, me and my wife have enjoyed playing a lot more for Honor for PVP while this test works itself out and zos realizes they messed up. No other game thinks about doing solo que because they know players was to play with friends. (call of duty, wow, league of legends, for Honor, ff14, ff11, socom, fortnite).

I have asked you numerous times to tell me 3 successful MMO games that lasted with a solo only group PVP mode. But you have never once answered me evading the question and that further proves my point that players want the ability to play with their friends. These forums only represent a small group of the actual people on eso. But if there is full guilds (multiple guilds) for PVP BG mode that says a lot. All of those players are interested in playing together, not alone, not let's que at the same time and pray we get on the same team. So please tell me what SUCCESSFUL game has a solo que only into group play PVP.

• Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.
    The bgs right now feels very similar to how it was before. Probably because the 5man premades wasn't in such droves as ppl made it out to be. Its very onesided, 1 team dominating, occasionally its a close game. But atleast before i had the option to play with friends. If i had bad games solo, i could pause, wait for my friend to come home and queue together and we had a higher chance of winning overall. And we had lots of fun together and could plan our attacks. Now that option is stripped from everyone. Theres no way to communicate, i can't write paragraphs in chat, wait for my team to see and respond and hope they listen to me and follow my strategy. And there is no way for me to tell them how i want to us to go about it to win, nor can i know what they want to do.

There is absolutely 0 teamplay. You just gotta hope you get a team that follows eachother and somehow workout what you want to do. Its a complete clustershenanigans. I would much rather go back to how it was before. Sometimes facing a 5man beats this anyday of the week. Because the reason i play mmorpg is to play with my friends. If i wanted to play alone, theres better options out there. And if you honestly have no friends who likes the same game/content as you, go get a guild.

Solo queue when they're not available and group when they, but don't punish ppl like this. This is ***.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danklord wrote: »
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.
    The bgs right now feels very similar to how it was before. Probably because the 5man premades wasn't in such droves as ppl made it out to be. Its very onesided, 1 team dominating, occasionally its a close game. But atleast before i had the option to play with friends. If i had bad games solo, i could pause, wait for my friend to come home and queue together and we had a higher chance of winning overall. And we had lots of fun together and could plan our attacks. Now that option is stripped from everyone. Theres no way to communicate, i can't write paragraphs in chat, wait for my team to see and respond and hope they listen to me and follow my strategy. And there is no way for me to tell them how i want to us to go about it to win, nor can i know what they want to do.

There is absolutely 0 teamplay. You just gotta hope you get a team that follows eachother and somehow workout what you want to do. Its a complete clustershenanigans. I would much rather go back to how it was before. Sometimes facing a 5man beats this anyday of the week. Because the reason i play mmorpg is to play with my friends. If i wanted to play alone, theres better options out there. And if you honestly have no friends who likes the same game/content as you, go get a guild.

Solo queue when they're not available and group when they, but don't punish ppl like this. This is ***.

I'll be honest, at face value, that makes it sound like you preferred having an advantage.

Most people who were against the group queue actually wanted a separate group and solo queues, I'm one of them and still think it should be a thing as I love playing with friends as much as I love just booting about on my own.

There is a need for solo q. Sometimes players just get online and go into a BG, I for example know what I'm doing and I just expect everyone else knows what they're doing, otherwise, why are they in a BG with me, right?

Ultimately, what I want is to be in a game without lop sided teams, whether that's solo or group queue - Nobody wants to see 2-3 skilled players against 1 with 3 160cp's on their team and that's been a static issue for a long time spanning both queues, the only difference is now it's entirely on ZOS, rather than a mixture of ZOS and players that decided to have an advantage(and yeah, of course I've done it).

Been said forever, fix the matchmaking and separate the queues, don't get rid of either of them, they both have a purpose.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like solo-queue only, but I’m not a fan of the side effects of this MMR reset.

I used to be able to have a small degree of confidence that my teammates wouldn’t be brand new and would have the type of positioning and situational awareness that allows solo pugs to beat premades if the skill level is there. IE. Don’t run between the two other teams, peel for your teammates, don’t chase squirrels, etc.

That’s all gone. Now it’s just a speed race to see who can kill the casuals the fastest. That would be fun if the casuals were evenly distributed, but they aren’t. If I’m up against another DPS and his casuals are tanky healer types and mine are stamina dps still in divines gear, I’m gonna lose. If there are two tryhards on one team and one tryhard each on the other teams, guess who wins?

Its depressing that BG regulars can predict almost exactly how a BG will go just by looking at who’s in it before the match starts. There’s no room to use tactics to outplay your opponents because these casuals just run forward and try to 1v8 both enemy teams.. doesn’t go well when they have healers and we don’t.

It’s so bad now that most higher end Stam dps don’t even target each other. It’s a waste of time that we could spend killing casuals to win.

It was fun for a while. But now it’s just kinda blah... especially with all the new lag in BGs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »
    Mizeov wrote: »
    I have refused to play battlegrounds since solo queue mostly out of spite for ZOS taking away my ability to PVP with friends but since all of my friends were off I thought I would at least try to be open minded about it. It wasn't fun...at all. I had 0 kills and 14 deaths and before anyone says to just git gud or whatever other banal argument you have, matchmaker put me against the other two teams that both had 3 templars in it. Do you know how annoying it is to try and kill ANYTHING when you have 3+ templars only pressing one button (and we all know what ability that is).

This isn't a rant on templars but at least before my friend and I could communicate and die together trying to form some sort of coordinated defense. Now? why ****ing bother ZOS?

0-14 tho? Lmaooo That’s hilarious If that’s a death match. Idk I’m not saying you suck but damn I’d have to agree that you were probably getting carried by premades. You might just have to adjust to playing with randoms and it will take more than one game to do so. I ran with friends and played solo an equal amount so I am already used to playing in PUGS, it’s really just making sure you have everything in your kit to support yourself.

If your team is getting obliterated, 9 times out of 10 It’s probably because y’all are separating in battle and getting picked off. If you type stay together in group chat people will listen because no one wants to get keep running straight to death. If you’re a good player sometimes you have to QB and rally the team. If you care about team play try and be a team player instead of raging cause you’re on your way to 0-14 and have no friends to talk to. Yeah you’ll still lose sometimes but the games will be closer and now everyone has 6 7 8 kills instead of 1 2 3 kills and 9-10 deaths.

Personally I think BGs are way more balanced by a mile. Haven’t ran into really any teams that dominate from top to bottom. Nowadays usually it’s one or two players carrying and because of that it’s easy to come back even when you’re losing 300-75. I think you should still have the ability to play with friends though honestly, so however they go about implementing that whether it be a separate queue or bringing it back altogether I’d be for it.

I have to agree. It may be more random, chaotic and yes, sometimes you get to play with some really crap players...however, in my opinion it's so much more fun. If I can't play with my buddies at least I know that I'm not going to be steamrolled by a premade

2 queues is the way forward!!
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

I'll be honest, at face value, that makes it sound like you preferred having an advantage.

Most people who were against the group queue actually wanted a separate group and solo queues, I'm one of them and still think it should be a thing as I love playing with friends as much as I love just booting about on my own.

There is a need for solo q. Sometimes players just get online and go into a BG, I for example know what I'm doing and I just expect everyone else knows what they're doing, otherwise, why are they in a BG with me, right?

Ultimately, what I want is to be in a game without lop sided teams, whether that's solo or group queue - Nobody wants to see 2-3 skilled players against 1 with 3 160cp's on their team and that's been a static issue for a long time spanning both queues, the only difference is now it's entirely on ZOS, rather than a mixture of ZOS and players that decided to have an advantage(and yeah, of course I've done it).

Been said forever, fix the matchmaking and separate the queues, don't get rid of either of them, they both have a purpose.

In your first paragraph talk about cherry picking to take stuff out of context. Wheres the advantage? I don't get it. So just because me and my friend that plays builds that has nothing to do with eachother, who wants to play together, we have an upper hand? That just makes it sound like random plebs are just *** at the game. And punishing ppl who have friends is really not the way to go about it. Solo queue in this game is a horrible idea because theres not enough ppl and solo queue only in general has never really been a popular thing. They always have to go add either solo/duo/tri queue in 1 or solo/duo queue or just have everyone in 1 queue.

Because adding antisocial restriction on group content (spoiler) doesn't go very well in a massively multiplayer game.
    I hate solo queue because 9/10 times, its ppl who either go on about themselves and die or they just stay in grp to be safe and the moment theres to many for him to handle, he runs off and let the group die. Or its just ppl with really *** buiilds that gets steamrolled. Ye that sounds like fun content, doesn't it? I would much rather play with my friend who helps me, plays with me and chats and cracks jokes. And if he seems me in a *** position tries to run in and heal and stun the enemy. THAT is fun content. That is fun gameplay. Thats the *** i want to do with my friends. Not carry *** players who doesn't wanna put any effort in, screw that. Solo queue is just an awful idea.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

In your first paragraph talk about cherry picking to take stuff out of context. Wheres the advantage? I don't get it. So just because me and my friend that plays builds that has nothing to do with eachother, who wants to play together, we have an upper hand? That just makes it sound like random plebs are just *** at the game. And punishing ppl who have friends is really not the way to go about it. Solo queue in this game is a horrible idea because theres not enough ppl and solo queue only in general has never really been a popular thing. They always have to go add either solo/duo/tri queue in 1 or solo/duo queue or just have everyone in 1 queue.

Because adding antisocial restriction on group content (spoiler) doesn't go very well in a massively multiplayer game.
    I hate solo queue because 9/10 times, its ppl who either go on about themselves and die or they just stay in grp to be safe and the moment theres to many for him to handle, he runs off and let the group die. Or its just ppl with really *** buiilds that gets steamrolled. Ye that sounds like fun content, doesn't it? I would much rather play with my friend who helps me, plays with me and chats and cracks jokes. And if he seems me in a *** position tries to run in and heal and stun the enemy. THAT is fun content. That is fun gameplay. Thats the *** i want to do with my friends. Not carry *** players who doesn't wanna put any effort in, screw that. Solo queue is just an awful idea.

The advantage is in being able to line up your ultis, stuns and burst perfectly thanks to communication out of the game. Or just abusing stupid builds like full tank with 70k HP and pocket healer etc. Leaves no counterplay unless you have your own premade.

How is solo queues bad idea? The queue is pretty much instant all day long now and teams get fully filled with players. This alone should prove enough that the majority of people are enjoying BGs way more now also it allows new players to get into PvP more smoothly as they don't get steamrolled by premade in every single match. Actually having these odd groups of 2-4 players in queue made it hard to pair up the teams and prolonged the queue. ( Imagine there is 24 ppl in the queue but all are premade groups of 3, instead of getting 2 full bgs you have 8 groups of 3 man premade in queues and queue won't pop until solo players join in...)

You talk about premade like it makes you automatically an amazing player which is far from true, you are just being arrogant in thinking you are better than everyone in BGs. Yes, there are bad players, and yes there are NEW players who don't know how to play the game properly yet. Now you have the same chance of playing with or against them like everyone else.

Btw, So many times I had a premade with healer where he was only supporting his premade and ignoring others completely or premade who just ran around together chasing kills. But I suppose it's fine since the premade is having fun, screw solo players right? Truth is most solo players don't want to play WITH or AGAINST premades as it makes it boring no matter on which side of the stick you are, steamrolling enemies or getting steamrolled by them isn't fun for most.

I am up for ZOS adding second queue for premades BUT DONT ALLOW premades vs solo in same queue. You want to play premade go sit for a hour in queue and wait for other premades. Don't force your idea of "having fun" on us.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

What do you mean cherry picking? You literally said:
    If i had bad games solo, i could pause, wait for my friend to come home and queue together and we had a higher chance of winning overall. And we had lots of fun together and could plan our attacks

Your scenario was exactly this
    1. You had a bad game solo.
    2. You decided to stop playing until your friend got on so you could queue together, because of that bad game.
    3. You had lots of fun in the following BGs coordinating attacks, probably doing the same thing to some players, that caused this scenario in the first place.

It's easier to ask yourself this - If you and your friend were in that BG and I was in there with my 4man, would you say we have an advantage?
    Not sure what you mean about plebs being bad at the game, if I outnumbered or "planned attacks" on you, you would die the same way, but what you're saying is, you wouldn't say I had an advantage? Obviously that's given an ideal MMR system, at the minute, I am gonna wipe 2-4 plebs out, but if I was in a lobby of similar players, I'm not gonna be able to do that.

Umm..
    its ppl who either go on about themselves and die or they just stay in grp to be safe and the moment theres to many for him to handle, he runs off and let the group die. Or its just ppl with really *** buiilds that gets steamrolled. Ye that sounds like fun content, doesn't it?

You've literally just summarised the concerns that existed when solo players a team of 30CPs against a stacked premade with a pocket healer and I actually know the answer to that question; no, it was not fun content when it happened(Almost every game once premades were queuing) - But, it's not an advantage, right!? Because you and your friend on random builds aren't an advantage, so why would this be..

aaaand right here
    I would much rather play with my friend who helps me, plays with me and chats and cracks jokes. And if he seems me in a *** position tries to run in and heal and stun the enemy. THAT is fun content. That is fun gameplay. Thats the *** i want to do with my friends. Not carry *** players who doesn't wanna put any effort in, screw that

You basically summarise the issues with the MMR system. If MMR was accurate across the board, whether you queued solo or group, you'd have players that were on similar skill level to you and you'd expect, the same understanding.

All you've done is reiterate what I was saying and just for the record, I said there's a need for both queues so I don't know what the issue was?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comicman wrote: »
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

The advantage is in being able to line up your ultis, stuns and burst perfectly thanks to communication out of the game. Or just abusing stupid builds like full tank with 70k HP and pocket healer etc. Leaves no counterplay unless you have your own premade.

How is solo queues bad idea? The queue is pretty much instant all day long now and teams get fully filled with players. This alone should prove enough that the majority of people are enjoying BGs way more now also it allows new players to get into PvP more smoothly as they don't get steamrolled by premade in every single match. Actually having these odd groups of 2-4 players in queue made it hard to pair up the teams and prolonged the queue. ( Imagine there is 24 ppl in the queue but all are premade groups of 3, instead of getting 2 full bgs you have 8 groups of 3 man premade in queues and queue won't pop until solo players join in...)

You talk about premade like it makes you automatically an amazing player which is far from true, you are just being arrogant in thinking you are better than everyone in BGs. Yes, there are bad players, and yes there are NEW players who don't know how to play the game properly yet. Now you have the same chance of playing with or against them like everyone else.

Btw, So many times I had a premade with healer where he was only supporting his premade and ignoring others completely or premade who just ran around together chasing kills. But I suppose it's fine since the premade is having fun, screw solo players right? Truth is most solo players don't want to play WITH or AGAINST premades as it makes it boring no matter on which side of the stick you are, steamrolling enemies or getting steamrolled by them isn't fun for most.

I am up for ZOS adding second queue for premades BUT DONT ALLOW premades vs solo in same queue. You want to play premade go sit for a hour in queue and wait for other premades. Don't force your idea of "having fun" on us.

Your in multiple threads saying the same thing like you try to copy and paste responses. Bro solo que is where you can go as a solo player know who the other good solo players are on the other team and ignore them.

Your argument will never make sense because your saying it's unfair for PREMADES to dominate a match but it is okay if 1 solo player dominates the match.

Seriously read this and reply to just this 1 part please. Tell me what seriously sounds better to a new player. "An entire group controlled the match and won by a lot of points" or "wow 1 player dominates the entire match and the team won by a lot of points" yes take that one thing in....... In "solo" only que 1 person can achieve everything a premade can do but that's not toxic because he is solo right?

Btw not every "premade" wants to dominate. Some people just want to smoke/drink/be on mic telling jokes with friends chilling just like "solo" players when they que alone. What makes you think every premade is tryhards yelling and screaming out orders, trying to time ulti bursts? Please don't give me the generic "well go to cyrodil or ic" excuse please because that is getting old. Being a 2-4 man group in a zerg place where there is 30+ people in a group is no different than being solo in there. You don't think it's fun facing 2-4 people, how much fun is it for 2-4 man groups facing off against 30+ people? I would argue their experience would be worse than yours.5 people dedicated builds to just spamming time stop their 5 people dedicated to time stops alone is more than the entire group size we would normally enter BG with, but hey what do I know about this game right? My "feelings" don't matter to you because I want to relax and play a game with my wife....

Wait I have to play solo to be considered a relaxed player right? :trollface:
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

Your in multiple threads saying the same thing like you try to copy and paste responses. Bro solo que is where you can go as a solo player know who the other good solo players are on the other team and ignore them.

Your argument will never make sense because your saying it's unfair for PREMADES to dominate a match but it is okay if 1 solo player dominates the match.

Seriously read this and reply to just this 1 part please. Tell me what seriously sounds better to a new player. "An entire group controlled the match and won by a lot of points" or "wow 1 player dominates the entire match and the team won by a lot of points" yes take that one thing in....... In "solo" only que 1 person can achieve everything a premade can do but that's not toxic because he is solo right?

Btw not every "premade" wants to dominate. Some people just want to smoke/drink/be on mic telling jokes with friends chilling just like "solo" players when they que alone. What makes you think every premade is tryhards yelling and screaming out orders, trying to time ulti bursts? Please don't give me the generic "well go to cyrodil or ic" excuse please because that is getting old. Being a 2-4 man group in a zerg place where there is 30+ people in a group is no different than being solo in there. You don't think it's fun facing 2-4 people, how much fun is it for 2-4 man groups facing off against 30+ people? I would argue their experience would be worse than yours.5 people dedicated builds to just spamming time stop their 5 people dedicated to time stops alone is more than the entire group size we would normally enter BG with, but hey what do I know about this game right? My "feelings" don't matter to you because I want to relax and play a game with my wife....

One player can hardly dominate every BG he is in, sure if he gets into match with new players he can do it, but that doesn't happen every game, in my opinion, new players will tell themself WOW that guy is good I would like to do be this good someday. If I learn the game enough that can happen. Where on the other side even 2 man premades can force wins in almost every match they get into vs solo players, and the new player just goes kaboom in 1 sec cuz you lined 2 ultis on him right as he left the spawn area. 4 man premade can force wins pretty much every game... At that point what the new player can learn is ah so the point of BGs in this game is to outnumber the enemy...

I am not saying every single premade is tryharding to win or running antifun builds. But a lot of them are and you need to focus on the majority, not the few. And if it's only about playing for fun with your friends, why most people don't want a separated queue for premades only? If its not about steamrolling others you should be happy to play against other premade on even ground...If you don't want to play with solo players why do you want to play against them?? Like I said before I am up for ZOS adding the second queue for premades but don't allow them into solo queue. I don't see why solo players should have the short end of the stick and be forced into same queue as premades.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

One player can hardly dominate every BG he is in, sure if he gets into match with new players he can do it, but that doesn't happen every game, in my opinion, new players will tell themself WOW that guy is good I would like to do be this good someday. If I learn the game enough that can happen. Where on the other side even 2 man premades can force wins in almost every match they get into vs solo players, and the new player just goes kaboom in 1 sec cuz you lined 2 ultis on him right as he left the spawn area. 4 man premade can force wins pretty much every game... At that point what the new player can learn is ah so the point of BGs in this game is to outnumber the enemy...

I am not saying every single premade is tryharding to win or running antifun builds. But a lot of them are and you need to focus on the majority, not the few. And if it's only about playing for fun with your friends, why most people don't want a separated queue for premades only? If its not about steamrolling others you should be happy to play against other premade on even ground...If you don't want to play with solo players why do you want to play against them?? Like I said before I am up for ZOS adding the second queue for premades but don't allow them into solo queue. I don't see why solo players should have the short end of the stick and be forced into same queue as premades.

Your first statement isn't true for most of this community. They don't see a good player and say wow I want to be like them. They see 1 guy dominate the match and go that class needs to be nerfed. Most players that que into BG have a I don't care about learning attitude.

You can say it doesn't happen, but there have been plenty of screen shots and people proving matches still aren't close. That means this experiment didn't make it more competitive it made it all RNG. So I know I can hold my own, let's say I realize another strong player on the opposite side. The entire match all I have to do is make sure we avoid each other and it's a race against them to see who can farm the pugs/zergling/new players to see who can carry their team the most? That is literally how some matches are going and that is just crazy.

Again rng is a terrible idea for PVP. People hate proc sets and queing into BG right now is a proc set. Did I proc my que and get a good team? Lol annoying tbh
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    @Kidgangster101
    I agree with you alot.

Apparently the admins didn't like how we argued so let me take it more civil. My problem with your cherry picking and twisting argument is that you explicitly pick out things i said, to bolster your argument, but you ignore to adress everything else i say in that paragraph. You ignore parts where i said i had fun, i want to play with my friends, i want to chat and have fun. And you only focus on the parts where i explain how i would go about my fighting and say "Oh you love that advantage, don't you."

Like no, i don't care about advantages. I just want to play with friends who will communicate with me and just battle it out in battlegrounds. Where we don't face big zergs in cyrodiil. I hate this because all i ever do in BG is tryhard to carry my teams and play solo. Because no1 groups, no1 helps out. So i constantly have to try and carry. My friend plays stamsorc and he linked me like 5 screenshots, all of em where he had 20+kills 1million dmg and everyone in his team at 15 and 14 deaths and he had like 1 or 0. Thats the reality of everygame we play. But we don't always win.

But when we play together we can have massive amount of fun even if we do lose the bg. Because we can both experience eachothers gameplay. Like i watch him from a distance and he clutches and gets away from a team jumping him, and we both like "haha omg, you actually survived LOL!"

Its soooo much more beyond your lil "you want advantage." No, its not about that, no1 srsly cares about that. But its the only thing you guys argue.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Our only way to do the last part i mentioned now is streaming to eachother on discord. Which is our only way to actually "participate" in eachothers battleground. Because all we wanted was to have fun together in a mmorpg.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before when I would solo queue, I would rarely win. Now that everyone is on the same playing field, I have been winning consistently. More than that, each game has been very close. That achievement where you score 500 before the other two teams score 200 is nigh impossible now, and I love it. What is better for PvP, to have one team of premades stomping on all the competition, or having enfaging close matches that ENCOURAGE people to try their hardest.

When people are getting stomped, they tend to just give up, especially in pugged cs premade battlegrounds. If you want to play with your friends, go to Cryodiil when they fix it. Alliance change tokens are on their way. I hope they don’t bring back pre-mades. They made battlegrounds a cancer for everyone who isn’t a die hard pvper.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Before when I would solo queue, I would rarely win. Now that everyone is on the same playing field, I have been winning consistently. More than that, each game has been very close. That achievement where you score 500 before the other two teams score 200 is nigh impossible now, and I love it. What is better for PvP, to have one team of premades stomping on all the competition, or having enfaging close matches that ENCOURAGE people to try their hardest.

When people are getting stomped, they tend to just give up, especially in pugged cs premade battlegrounds. If you want to play with your friends, go to Cryodiil when they fix it. Alliance change tokens are on their way. I hope they don’t bring back pre-mades. They made battlegrounds a cancer for everyone who isn’t a die hard pvper.

Screenshot_20200409_085757.png
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭

Ye now do that 10 times in a row... Obviously you got teammates which kinda knew what to do and u were the main carry, where the other teams got less experienced players. The point is they had same chance on getting better or worse teammates as you. Yeah not every BG match will have similarly strong teams but that just happens sometimes ( obviously if you played more games and got to your real MMR you wouldn't be matched against these players too often), but the difference is with premade you can force this kind of BG every single game, not only that you can effectively focus the main "carry" in enemy teams as you have the advantage of talking outside of the game and save your ultis for him and just instakill him making the enemy team doing even worse in total.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭

Ye now do that 10 times in a row... Obviously you got teammates which kinda knew what to do and u were the main carry, where the other teams got less experienced players. The point is they had same chance on getting better or worse teammates as you. Yeah not every BG match will have similarly strong teams but that just happens sometimes ( obviously if you played more games and got to your real MMR you wouldn't be matched against these players too often), but the difference is with premade you can force this kind of BG every single game, not only that you can effectively focus the main "carry" in enemy teams as you have the advantage of talking outside of the game and save your ultis for him and just instakill him making the enemy team doing even worse in total.

I just did it twice in a row and almost 3 times, does that count?
    I had 1 decent teammate, the other 2 were just around. But i didn't really bother with them, i just went around 2 shotting ppl with 11k crystal fragments. Only 1 guy in green got me twice, outplayed me. But rest was just cannon fodder.
    I've played like 20 bgs so far since i got back from my break. Havn't really seen any skill increase. Right so you get ownd by a premade, what do you do then? Go to forum and complain or do you improve and start chatting up some ppl, get some friends and play with them. Improving your overall gameplay, your skill and increasing your winrate? Well most ppl like to complain, because its easier to get devs to dumb stuff down than it is to improve.

And thing is, no one here actually knows how often a team was premades or not. I met 1 guy, i think his name is Eric Theodore Cartman, hes a templar. He had a pocket healer the other day, legit could not die and he had high burst so ppl got overwhelmed and destroyed. That could have easily been back in the day seen as a premade, but it wasn't. It was just a healer who decided "aight ima pocket heal this guy." And they ran the game. And i often see 4 ppl stacked together running around together, does that make them a premade? Would they have been seen as a premade before? I see ppl sometiems use leap right after i meteor someone. Doesn't mean we're premade, just smart enough to chain ultis.

I think you guys are overreacting this whole "premade" thing. And "rng teammates" is not a good design. You can't tell me that rolling a dice if you're gonna win or not every game is good design. I'd rather be destroyed by supposed "premades" than having my BGs turned into dice games. Im not much of a gambler.

And the only reason ppl could "force" wins with 4man premade is because rather than improving, ppl just complained. They wanted to go in to a BG and play against equally bad ppl, but thats not how BG works. BG is about getting better every game, improving, working on your build, your play and getting better. You're facing real people, every battle unique, you have to start predicting playstyles, predicting gear and how to line up your combos to destroy someone. You can't be bad forever and expect other ppl not to improve so you never face good players.

Either you git gud or you git destroyed. Simple as that. Now Zos revert this silly change.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I see games like this all the time. Notice how each team has one player who did decently and the rest were mostly new players? When I play my MagDK or magblade I’ll be the 8-1 guy, no execute so I’ll do well but can’t carry the game.

Even in the sweaty games with healers the really good players will be off soloish and do well, maybe 10-8 on a losing team.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 9, 2020 3:24PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did it twice in a row and almost 3 times, does that count?
    I had 1 decent teammate, the other 2 were just around. But i didn't really bother with them, i just went around 2 shotting ppl with 11k crystal fragments. Only 1 guy in green got me twice, outplayed me. But rest was just cannon fodder.
    I've played like 20 bgs so far since i got back from my break. Havn't really seen any skill increase. Right so you get ownd by a premade, what do you do then? Go to forum and complain or do you improve and start chatting up some ppl, get some friends and play with them. Improving your overall gameplay, your skill and increasing your winrate? Well most ppl like to complain, because its easier to get devs to dumb stuff down than it is to improve.

And thing is, no one here actually knows how often a team was premades or not. I met 1 guy, i think his name is Eric Theodore Cartman, hes a templar. He had a pocket healer the other day, legit could not die and he had high burst so ppl got overwhelmed and destroyed. That could have easily been back in the day seen as a premade, but it wasn't. It was just a healer who decided "aight ima pocket heal this guy." And they ran the game. And i often see 4 ppl stacked together running around together, does that make them a premade? Would they have been seen as a premade before? I see ppl sometiems use leap right after i meteor someone. Doesn't mean we're premade, just smart enough to chain ultis.

I think you guys are overreacting this whole "premade" thing. And "rng teammates" is not a good design. You can't tell me that rolling a dice if you're gonna win or not every game is good design. I'd rather be destroyed by supposed "premades" than having my BGs turned into dice games. Im not much of a gambler.

And the only reason ppl could "force" wins with 4man premade is because rather than improving, ppl just complained. They wanted to go in to a BG and play against equally bad ppl, but thats not how BG works. BG is about getting better every game, improving, working on your build, your play and getting better. You're facing real people, every battle unique, you have to start predicting playstyles, predicting gear and how to line up your combos to destroy someone. You can't be bad forever and expect other ppl not to improve so you never face good players.

Either you git gud or you git destroyed. Simple as that. Now Zos revert this silly change.

Couldn't have said it better myself! People can't admit they are bad and don't want to admit they need to improve. The YouTuber kingofgames just made a video talking about how people are scared to die in a video game and it is so true.

"Your endless fury killed me it needs a Nerf" or "Nerf all Templar I can't kill them they heal too much and cleanse everything" lol just learn to play every class has a strength and every class has a weakness.

This whole Nerf everything is the reason we have nb in a bad spot except bombing. This is also why content is created so easy for pve these days "what do you mean I can't solo it" same with bg "why do I need a group? I am entitled to play alone" yes you are but that doesn't mean other players should have to play alone and this RNG dice roll shouldn't be a thing. Not 1 person should be able to carry a team period. People honestly need to take a L learn to play and ask people how they can improve. But that also takes people to not be antisocial as well.