The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you think ZOS staff selectively avoids support tickets?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I mean... I've seen some CRAZY inconsistencies in their reponse time, then there are responses but ones that make 0 sense whatsoever, others that are even a copy paste of an automated response LOL, and it seems to happen a whole lot more often in cases one would think are more difficult to resolve.

What do you people think?
Edited by Nyladreas on March 17, 2020 2:04PM
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I mean... I've seen some CRAZY inconsistencies in their reponse time, then there are responses but ones that make 0 sense whatsoever, others that are even a copy paste of an automated response LOL, and it seems to happen a whole lot more often in cases one would think are more difficult to resolve.

I've had support post go never answered. This was way back and I left the game for sometime. ZoS support is mostly hands off. But if you dangle a $100 on fishing line they may help you.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only contacted support twice, and both times had my issue resolved to my satisfaction within a couple of days. If you don't know already, the first reply is always an automatically generated reply. It may or may not help your case. The purpose is to try and solve the easiest of issues, or dissuade frivolous tickets whose authors aren't seriously going to pursue. After that canned response, try to restate your problem clearly and calmly. In my experience, the next reply will be by actual support staff, and from then on as I said my issues were fixed pretty quickly.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had support post go never answered. This was way back and I left the game for sometime. ZoS support is mostly hands off. But if you dangle a $100 on fishing line they may help you.

This is quite hard to believe, as you should at least receive an automated reply. It's only if you don't reply to that message that your ticket is closed and no further action taken. Did you reply to the initial message? Did you submit an actual support ticket, and not a bug/player report? These will never get an actual answer, although I've received emails confirming the report submission.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You obviously haven't had someone report you for harassment and lie about it yet :D Play some more PvP and win a lot, trust me you will get false reports fast...
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

This is quite hard to believe, as you should at least receive an automated reply. It's only if you don't reply to that message that your ticket is closed and no further action taken. Did you reply to the initial message? Did you submit an actual support ticket, and not a bug/player report? These will never get an actual answer, although I've received emails confirming the report submission.

Forum post. There was no auto reply.

Ticket system always gets auto replys.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Forum post. There was no auto reply.

Ticket system always gets auto replys.

The forums are not part of the support system. Support staff don't post in the forums. Community managers/forum moderators *may* pass an issue to support, but this is not guaranteed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use the "Ask for Help" response, I invariably get a response that reads like it was selected by a bot who keyword searched my report.

When I reply to that, saying "No, that didn't address my problem, my problem is X," I get forwarded to an actual person. They may or may not be able to help me out, but they've often been able to escalate it to the proper team if they can't.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I give ZoS a big thumbs up on their response to the support tickets. I've done a few stupid things that they set right again, and stuff that the game just did a dump on, they were right there fixing it. I'd say all of my issues were resolved in 24 hours or less. Excellent compared to some of the other developers.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    I give ZoS a big thumbs up on their response to the support tickets. I've done a few stupid things that they set right again, and stuff that the game just did a dump on, they were right there fixing it. I'd say all of my issues were resolved in 24 hours or less. Excellent compared to some of the other developers.

ZOS has helped me numerous times in the past too and were always very friendly. But never quick. It's never taken less than a few days.

This time I've been waiting since Saturday to get a response. And it's involving real money too.
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 17, 2020 3:16PM
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    I think zos just has this sort of automatic robot reply.. I mean you can write to them and you get generic nonsense back that has nothing to do with the ticket. They sometimes give you the vibe that you speak to humans, so maybe its a 50/50 thing.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ElvenVeil wrote: »
    I think zos just has this sort of automatic robot reply.. I mean you can write to them and you get generic nonsense back that has nothing to do with the ticket. They sometimes give you the vibe that you speak to humans, so maybe its a 50/50 thing.

I've gotten the same "automated" response 3 times in a row. Doubt that's all automated :/
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can post your ticket number in this thread, or start a new thread with your ticket number if you need help finding out why your ticket hasn't been responded to. A moderator can check on the ticket to review the current status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think players selectively avoid including all relevant info in their ticket?

Especially if it’s a ban of some sort??
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had nothing but great results on the times I've had to contact support. I mean, you do occasionally get what is obviously an automated response but as long as you reply to it, it gets sent to a real person. Response times have varied but that's sort of to be expected since it does depend on how many other tickets there are and some tickets have to get passed to certain people to handle.

As BillE said though if you post your ticket number the mods can check on it. With the volume of tickets they get I'd imagine a few do get stuck in limbo for whatever reason.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think players selectively avoid including all relevant info in their ticket?

Possibly quite often I would imagine. And in cases like that I can see how they might not be getting a quick response.

But when you pay for 30k crowns, don't receive them and then you get no response for 3 (almost 4) days straight seeing "waiting on agent" ... That's something else.
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 18, 2020 6:39AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Possibly quite often I would imagine. And in cases like that I can see how they might not be getting a quick response.

But when you pay for 30k crowns, don't receive them and then you get no response for 3 (almost 4) days straight seeing "waiting on agent" ... That's something else.

3 days is a normal waiting time for a ticket. Your ticket taking longer because of the kind of issue it is is not unusual in the slightest. It's also normal for tickets to go slower over the weekends -- maybe they have less CS representatives working weekends?

As others have said, the first reply is always automated, so the weird part is you responding to the automated response and then getting another automated response. That's very unusual and not something I've encountered before. Then again you also say you didn't get a response for almost 4 days. So did you make your ticket over a week ago, get auto-responses 3 times on it and have now not gotten another answer for the 4 days?

That said, you have a moderator in this thread offering to help you if you post your ticket number. Is there a reason you're not doing that?

Edit: Guess you were talking about another ticket with the automated responses, my bad. Did you get your automated responses at all for this current ticket? Because there's been a few cases recently where they ever even got that one, which definitely isn't supposed to happen.
    Edited by Raisin on March 18, 2020 7:12AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

3 days is a normal waiting time for a ticket. Your ticket taking longer because of the kind of issue it is is not unusual in the slightest. It's also normal for tickets to go slower over the weekends -- maybe they have less CS representatives working weekends?

As others have said, the first reply is always automated, so the weird part is you responding to the automated response and then getting another automated response. That's very unusual and not something I've encountered before. Then again you also say you didn't get a response for almost 4 days. So did you make your ticket over a week ago, get auto-responses 3 times on it and have now not gotten another answer for the 4 days?

That said, you have a moderator in this thread offering to help you if you post your ticket number. Is there a reason you're not doing that?

No other reason than trying to see if i get a response past the 4 days mark. @Raisin

Welp, #200315-001026 hope that helps something. @ZOS_BillE
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 18, 2020 7:14AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No other reason than trying to see if i get a response past the 4 days mark. Welp, #200315-001026 hope that helps @ZOS_BillE

Usually if BillE sends someone to check out your ticket, you will get at least some kind of response as to why it's taking so long, so I definitely think it's the best step to take.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: Guess you were talking about another ticket with the automated responses, my bad. Did you get your automated responses at all for this current ticket? Because there's been a few cases recently where they ever even got that one, which definitely isn't supposed to happen.

Yes that was a different case I was talking about. And also: Yes, I've gotten 2 in fact. One after reporting the problem using the client, then 2nd one after responding to it to get a real person to help me. Oddly enough though, it had taken a few hours for the 2nd "automated response" to arrive hence why I'm a little suspicious that ZOS Staff selectively picks out the easier stuff to deal with. @Raisin

A new idea has popped up just now.... I'm thinking perhaps somebody has elevated my ticket to a senior employee who generally has a much more overflowing mailbox of requests. It could be why it's been taking so long, although I have some doubts :(
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 18, 2020 7:27AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes that was a different case I was talking about. And also: Yes, I've gotten 2 in fact. One after reporting the problem using the client, then 2nd one after responding to it to get a real person to help me. Oddly enough though, it has taken a few hours for the 2nd "automated response to arrive" hence why I'm a little suspicious that ZOS Staff selectively picks out the easier stuff to deal with. @Raisin

Although a new idea has popped up just now.... I'm thinking perhaps somebody has elevated my ticket to a senior employee who generally has a much more overflowing mailbox of requests. It could be why it's been taking so long.

Yeah I got that later, sorry haha. Anyway, it's not necessarily about picking out easier stuff to deal with as much as it's the fact that your problem requires a level of problem solving general CS probably isn't suited to deal with. A large volume of tickets are user error, and a large volume of tickets that aren't still require the user to do a lot of the work following CS advice. You need someone qualified and capable of granting your account crowns, as well as fact check everything that happened to cause this situation. With money involved and all that jazz, it just requires more care and definitely can't be done by first level support. Hopefully you're right and your ticket has already been escalated, as it definitely will be at some point. This is just the kind of stuff that takes an unfortunately long time to deal with. I do wish you good luck getting it resolves asap though, hopefully once BillE has had a look.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nyladreas

I've sent you a PM to help with your ticket #200315-001026.
    Staff Post
  • Drakhaon
    Drakhaon
    ✭✭✭
    And what about this one ?
    I am escalating your ticket to a specialized team to ensure you receive the best possible resolution of your issue. Thank you for your patience while they review your request, they should be reaching out to you shortly.

Now mark as expired.. (Ticker number: 200310-003468)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Drakhaon

Please check your inbox for a PM regarding your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Nyladreas

I've sent you a PM to help with your ticket #200315-001026.

Thanks a ton!!!! @ZOS_BillE
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    I don't aim to be conspiratorial, but..... definitely.

I had a support ticket open and the first few responses were fast. But when the initial solutions didn't work, and I asked for more help, they took 5 days then quickly said "please contact Xbox live" and closed the ticket.

Obviously I don't blame them, some things are harder than others, but I figure I'd chip in.
    XBOX NA Player. Just....... trying my best.