The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dev Shotgun Fix Broke My Toon, please help fix.

Augmenti_DeMontia
Seems each time I try to start playing again after a break, I end up hitting a wall.
A couple of months ago, I bought Elsweyr trying to update my account after a break from playing.
Noticing I had a couple of Name Change Tokens I decided to change my name so I could use my Necromancer name for a new toon.
To make a long story short (too late, sorry :) i.e. several Customer Service reps, Escalated Reps and Manager Rep? (checked coding but couldn't make changes to code, iirc).

Please notice the spelling of my name....
I was told the Devs had coded a Shotgun Fix to stop Scammers in-game pretending to be GMs.
Please know, I've never even received a warning for bad behavior, much less been accused of scamming or cheating.
I started playing Pre-Release, that's how long I"ve had this toon name.
In the first year I helped ESO catch cheaters, by using Fast Report. I don't recall exactly but I could have easily sent a 100 Tracked Cheater Names.

Please release my name to my account. I want to play your game. I want to spend money on your game BUT I want my name back, please.

Any Mod/GM/Dev is free to contact me on my Email or this Thread.

Thanks
Augmenti DeMontia
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your best to way of getting anywhere with this is to open a ticket, either in game or using the support website. Respond to the automated response you get there. If you then have issues with that support, you can drop your ticket number here and a mod can have a look at it. But all they do is make sure your ticket gets handled properly and in a timely manner, from what I see.
    You do mentioning already contacting support... How long ago was that? Is it still in progress? Did it get resolved...? Cause if they told you there's no chance, that may just be it. You can also list those relevant ticket numbers here though, doesn't hurt.

Also certainly curious about this mystery name... My understanding is that the name now isn't allowed, so you can't use it on the new char you're trying to make?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Augmenti_DeMontia

Do you have a ticket with support already open?

If so, please let us know what the ticket number is as we can check on the current status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    Thanks for the replies. I did start a ticket and spent at least a week working with Support, sorry that wasn't clear.

They tried to do what they could but Support stopped when the Manager realized it was a Shotgun Code Fix by Developers which he could not override. I purchased the newest content att and a month of Plus but got discouraged and stopped playing when I couldn't have my main character name of more than 6 years. Never using my Plus month.

ZOS_BillE if you suggest it, I will open another ticket if you or someone who can help override the Developer Fix?

I'll wait to get a reply before trying to log in again.

Thanks
    Edited by Augmenti_DeMontia on March 17, 2020 8:52PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opening another ticket puts your issue at the back of the line, @Augmenti_DeMontia, so definitely don't do that.

@ZOS_BillE asked for your ticket number ... not a long response to try to plead your case.

So, please provide the ticket number so it can be resolved.

You won't get a ZOS response on your issue in the forums here.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 17, 2020 9:34PM
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't trying to get back in line since afaik I ran the full spectrum of support a couple of months ago. I was asking for help here because support was fully escalated and unable to override dev coding fix.

It looks specifically as if he is asking if I had one open, which I responded to. I don't see him asking me to open one but will, since you seem so positive he is asking me to open one again.

Edit: @ZOS_BillE found the final Escalation Ticket # 190714-000145 which closed on 7/20/2019.

Thanks again for any help.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Augmenti_DeMontia

Please check your PM's for follow-up on your character name issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    Hi ZOS_BillE,

Right, it was described to me as a Dev Shotgun fix.

I don't want to find a new name and it's too broad if it keeps me from having my name from pre-release, without issues or complaints. Additionally I helped report many cheaters in the early days.

Felt I exhausted the In-Game ticket system, so I posted here hoping there were developers on the board. So they could fix my name since I'm obviously not a threat. I do appreciate you looking even if you can't change it.

I'm leaving my post in case one of the developers see it and helps. Since I was hoping to play the game again one day, apparently just not today. :'(

Thanks
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I was hoping to play the game again one day, apparently just not today. :'(

Thanks

Looks like you can get back into the game today by just changing your character name, @Augmenti_DeMontia?

That certainly is a good outcome if you ask me.
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    I've always had that option Taleof2Cities, no idea why you think it's such a good option. :/

As I was surprised you and Raisin seemed to think I needed to open another ticket. While I have to believe you both are here trying to help, because of high post counts. I specifically mentioned, already going through the process of In-game support. Either you guys didn't understand or didn't believe me. All ZOS_BillE did was read the tickets and say the rule hasn't changed.

You might make rando names which don't have any meaning. Some of us have names we are attached to and there's no reasonable excuse to prevent me from using a name, I've been using since pre-release. Since Support could not help, I was looking for a developer to realize how ridiculous this Shotgun Fix is and offer some help. If developers don't read these boards or care about their customers, that's not on me. I came asking for help in the only places I know, so I could be a customer.

A good out come is me getting my name back. I also would not be a hypocrite if our situations were reversed. By saying you don't deserve your name if you had also been a customer and community member of good standing. So don't tell me losing an important character is a good outcome. :/

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always had that option Taleof2Cities, no idea why you think it's such a good option. :/

As I was surprised you and Raisin seemed to think I needed to open another ticket. While I have to believe you both are here trying to help, because of high post counts. I specifically mentioned, already going through the process of In-game support. Either you guys didn't understand or didn't believe me. All ZOS_BillE did was read the tickets and say the rule hasn't changed.

You might make rando names which don't have any meaning. Some of us have names we are attached to and there's no reasonable excuse to prevent me from using a name, I've been using since pre-release. Since Support could not help, I was looking for a developer to realize how ridiculous this Shotgun Fix is and offer some help. If developers don't read these boards or care about their customers, that's not on me. I came asking for help in the only places I know, so I could be a customer.

A good out come is me getting my name back. I also would not be a hypocrite if our situations were reversed. By saying you don't deserve your name if you had also been a customer and community member of good standing. So don't tell me losing an important character is a good outcome. :/
    That's because you cannot get support from ZOS without interacting with their customer support... And you interact with their customer support through tickets. Some forum mods may be nice and give your ticket a nudge, but they also cannot do anything if you don't have an ongoing report with customer service. They don't have the same authority as higher level customer support, yeah? Your options were 'open another ticket' or 'talk to people who can't help you on a public forum'. That's it, really. Tickets are your way of getting in contact with ZOS, forums are not... they will either give you the first level support they can give, or direct you to higher level CS by telling you to open a ticket. I also talked about you already opening another ticket and asked relevant questions to it, so please don't act like I didn't acknowledge that...

Look. The thing is, you already had your official answer from the source authorized you give you an answer. Your name somehow breaks some very important rule regarding impersonating ZOS staff in game, and you were asking for devs to make an exception of this rule for you based on arguing that you're a good person. Personally I expected that since you didn't tell us the name, BillE could have a look at it and see if it really fell under that rule, or if it was somehow an innocent name accidentally caught up in this. The latter likely would have been a bug and could maybe have been fixed, but given BillE's clear answer to you... it seems it just straight up goes against what is allowed in names. If you held onto it for this long, my best guess it's cause no one reported it. I would be very upset to lose it after so long too, but there very clearly is a reason.
    You must understand that coming to a user-populated forum in search of a game developer willing to break a rule hard-coded into the game for you based on good faith had a very, very slim chance of succeeding, yeah? It's not fair to complain about devs not caring or being in the wrong for not reading forums, when there is a way to actually contact ZOS and you knew about it and had already used it and gotten your response. Certainly all of us in your situation would also try to exhaust all options we could think of, but to be honest the biggest impact you will get from posting about a bug/issue on the forums is that the potential outrage it gains from other users will make ZOS re-evalute the customer service decision. If your name is clearly being misjudged, that may be an option, but if it really violates that rule then you won't get anyone to make some noise for you.

And yeah, being snarky about how your character names are 'sooo special' and we don't understand what it's like because our character names are meaningless.... lol. Be glad you're not in trouble, honestly. People who get through the system with rule-breaking names usually get temp banned for it. I hope you can find another name for your new necro, or that you can maybe adjust your old name in a way that is allowed in the game?
    Edited by Raisin on March 20, 2020 7:15AM