The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

delibaretly helping a enemy alliance in cyrodill shoould beb a reportable offense.

wolfbone
wolfbone
✭✭✭✭✭
was in cyrdoill the other night, and volendrungg appeared, and the person who claimed the hammer then proceeded to announce in zone chat they where going to deliver it a yellow zerg, which they then proceeded to do. I think this kind of stuff should be a offense we can report and if the person is found guilty, they get a reduction on ap they recieve and maybe siege merchantss refuse to sell to them, and call them a traitor. and on their 3rd offense, npcs evenfrom their alliance will attack them and call them a traitor.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too hard to prove. Also it's simulated war so this type of stuff may be frowned on by the community but it's within the scope and rules of the game
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which campaign and which region? Was there a specific guild that did this?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obligatory 'Don't worry, there are faction-locked campaigns,' before asking one simple question: is the sky falling yet?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trolls have existed in Cyrodiil since the beginning. Besides, Cyrodiill is a war between the three factions and in war we also have spies and others that work to help their alliance in nefarious manners.

Basically, it is not against the rules of the game.

Some people seem to think Cyrodiil was designed to be competitive PvP. Being there are no real controls for the population of the alliances it should seem clear it is merely intended to be an open-world PvP zone with objectives. Relax and have fun with it.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trolls will be trolls, but at least he warned you in zone chat which should have given you plenty of time to mobilize and fight the zerg to keep the hammer.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would totally never happen if ZOS forced everybody to only play on one alliance.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would totally never happen if ZOS forced everybody to only play on one alliance.

Even proponents of the faction locked campaigns understood that some players are always going to be trolls. Its human nature. You can increase the consequences of trolling i.e. you are stuck with the alliance you just annoyed for the rest of the campaign, but you can't eradicate it.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You realize the entire point of a three Alliance system is for the two losing Alliances to help each other until the power shifts?
    - Mojican
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even proponents of the faction locked campaigns understood that some players are always going to be trolls. Its human nature. You can increase the consequences of trolling i.e. you are stuck with the alliance you just annoyed for the rest of the campaign, but you can't eradicate it.

I'm not sure how faction lock increases the consequences though. This kind of player does not care about the alliance they are on anyway. And you can find potatoes to 1vX and empty resource towers to farm in on any side.

To me it seems like faction lock only promotes trolling out of spite.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    You realize the entire point of a three Alliance system is for the two losing Alliances to help each other until the power shifts?

With the amount of complaints revolving around premades, you'd think the under performing teams in BG would call a temporary truce to topple the top dogs... but nope.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

I'm not sure how faction lock increases the consequences though. This kind of player does not care about the alliance they are on anyway. And you can find potatoes to 1vX and empty resource towers to farm in on any side.

That's sort of my point: unlocked or faction lock doesn't do jack to the sort of player who just doesn't care. Spiteful people gonna be spiteful.

But those aren't the only sort of trolls, now are they? There were number of players who were perfectly happy to hop onto a different faction for a night, troll, and then hop back onto their "main" faction for the rest of the campaign. Those are the players who may not want to be locked onto an alliance they don't like for an entire campaign in order to troll for a night. That's the sort of troll that alliance lock helps restrict. One particular example that I recall seeing a couple times on PC/NA Trueflame and Vivec was the brand new PUG leaders who would show up in the early hours of the campaign, grab as many of that alliance's PUGs as they could, then lead them to out-of-the-way keeps or into traps so that it was harder to establish a good starting score, and then disappear for the rest of the campaign. There wasn't much point to doing that on Kaalgrontiid since that would get the PUG leader locked out of the alliance they wanted to help.

I'd be all for ZOS giving players more tangible reasons to care about their alliance, like better end of the campaign rewards. Again, that's not gonna do anything for the players who just DGAF, but it would be nice for players to be rewarded for their efforts as a faction with more than a rather inadequate amount of gold and gear after a month. I mean, EP can win the 30-day campaign and I'll make less gold than I would in a half-hour of farming mats.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dbgUXoX.png
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, for that to work it would need to be true faction lock with the old way of doing things. IE cost to change and change only at the end of the camp. No housing ANY other alliance on that server after you have homed it, nor can you guest with enemy faction on that server. Players get to know rather quickly who the trolls are and ostracize them from the faction. If they only swap over next camp....players over on whatever the new faction is get to be trolled and deal with the toxicity until they are tired of it...the player moves again. This goes on forever for the truly damaged who do this often. For others, its just too much moving around for them so they tend to dial it down some as to not be 'known' for the behaviors.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Well, for that to work it would need to be true faction lock with the old way of doing things. IE cost to change and change only at the end of the camp. No housing ANY other alliance on that server after you have homed it, nor can you guest with enemy faction on that server. Players get to know rather quickly who the trolls are and ostracize them from the faction. If they only swap over next camp....players over on whatever the new faction is get to be trolled and deal with the toxicity until they are tired of it...the player moves again. This goes on forever for the truly damaged who do this often. For others, its just too much moving around for them so they tend to dial it down some as to not be 'known' for the behaviors.

That's literally how faction lock works now...
    *edit* wait you mean ALL pvp campaigns are locked to that one faction? No, that's a silly idea.
    Edited by ellahellabella on March 5, 2020 4:23PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvdooring and having 40khp should be a reportable offense
    Edited by wazzz56 on March 5, 2020 1:50PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The player that gave the other team the hammer obviously isn't worried about being ostracized by other players. Faction lock, no matter how long it lasts, is not effective against people trolling on the internet, which is what that player was doing.

There are more people that want to play on multiple factions for the sake of playing on multiple factions than there are people that want to play on multiple factions for the sake of spying or screwing over their alliance.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Too hard to prove. Also it's simulated war so this type of stuff may be frowned on by the community but it's within the scope and rules of the game

Pretty much this.

The idea OP presents has a few flaws. First, to whom are we reporting them?
    • Zos is not going to waste time reviewing this to see if the player did something wrong.
    • Without verification, players will grief other players with this. Get killed by a player and start reporting them to make their game miserable.

That is just two solid points demonstrating the suggestion would affect the game in a very negative way.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,
    As we've removed a few non-constructive comments around baiting, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Obligatory 'Don't worry, there are faction-locked campaigns,' before asking one simple question: is the sky falling yet?

Obligatory, "Not for No CP."
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

The player that gave the other team the hammer obviously isn't worried about being ostracized by other players. Faction lock, no matter how long it lasts, is not effective against people trolling on the internet, which is what that player was doing.

There are more people that want to play on multiple factions for the sake of playing on multiple factions than there are people that want to play on multiple factions for the sake of spying or screwing over their alliance.

Not sure I can follow the logic on this....so, if we had a true lock of factions as I mentioned- you state that would not matter because the guy doing something now would do it then- no matter what? And then you go on to mention there are more players wanting no lock- so ....how do you get those numbers? Are there numbers you can give showing the population stating such a thing or is this just a 'gut feeling' you have. Can you elaborate so I can understand what you are laying out here.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

The first point is what I've been saying: No one, not even faction lock proponents, expected to completely 100% eliminate trolls. I think that's a strawman. Some people just DGAF about consequences and/or actively enjoy trolling, and I think we and ZOS all know that. No gameplay mechanic is going to eliminate a basic urge of human nature.

Instead, what we have seen is that a number of players who used to troll have decided to stick with their most favored faction. This means fewer people faction hopping to troll for a few hours. It also means that some players who used to troll or be jerks to their chosen faction now have to consider whether or not they want to deal with the reputation they gain based on their behavior. YMMV, of course, but I've seen a lot less objectionable behavior and zone chat from certain players I still recognize as Alliance regulars who used to be a lot more jerkish about it before the faction lock. So faction lock is effective against some forms of trolling and anti-alliance behavior, certainly more so than the unlocked campaigns ever were. Its just not effective against every single troll ever, which is a pretty absurd standard.

As for your second point, its certainly true that a large number of players really just want to play on multiple factions to play on alts or with friends (though I do note that those players are NOT populating the CP Standard campaign where they can do that). As far as I can tell, players who want multifaction play can thank the players who abused it in a number of ways enough to annoy the pro-faction people into nagging ZOS into making the change.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be a jailable offence, and men in black jumpsuits should descend from black helicopters in the dark of night to grab the players whole family and send them off to re-education camps.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    It should be a jailable offence, and men in black jumpsuits should descend from black helicopters in the dark of night to grab the players whole family and send them off to re-education camps.

Jonathan Swift salutes your modest proposal.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see something like that happen in the future, grab his username and report it on your alliance’s PvP Discord. That player won’t be finding a PvP guild willing to accept him for a long time.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see something like that happen in the future, grab his username and report it on your alliance’s PvP Discord. That player won’t be finding a PvP guild willing to accept him for a long time.

People that troll like that are not looking for a guild. They do however have a small group of like minded kids that will do their best to get their names on those list.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what his psn is, so I can do that
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

People that troll like that are not looking for a guild. They do however have a small group of like minded kids that will do their best to get their names on those list.

Yeah, they might not care about getting into a PvP guild, but since ZOS won't do anything, this is the best that players can do to discourage cheaters.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Yeah, they might not care about getting into a PvP guild, but since ZOS won't do anything, this is the best that players can do to discourage cheaters.

The best players can do to discourage scroll trolling is to stop raging in /zone and posting a new thread on the forums every time it happens. Threads like this are the best trophies they can get.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    turns out they're actually quite infamous for doing it