The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher not loading news since U25

Vudokan
Vudokan
✭✭✭
As the title implies - no news loading in launcher since the update.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    The game loads normally otherwise.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me too.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on this ZOS? Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    4w95fp5ip5c1.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Vudokan

If you are not seeing announcements on the launcher and are not able to log in, try checking for updates to the game and then running a repair on the game.

You can do this by opening your launcher and clicking on Game Options (the gear icon under the NEWS section). From the drop-down menu, please select Check for Updates. If you don't see this option on your launcher, try closing and restarting the launcher.

Allow the game to look for any new files, patches, and updates. Once this is done, please return to the menu and select Repair from the drop down list. Give the launcher a few minutes to repair and then try playing the game again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just that news doesn't load. Not that we can not log in.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Vudokan

If you are not seeing announcements on the launcher and are not able to log in, try checking for updates to the game and then running a repair on the game.

You can do this by opening your launcher and clicking on Game Options (the gear icon under the NEWS section). From the drop-down menu, please select Check for Updates. If you don't see this option on your launcher, try closing and restarting the launcher.

Allow the game to look for any new files, patches, and updates. Once this is done, please return to the menu and select Repair from the drop down list. Give the launcher a few minutes to repair and then try playing the game again.

I have no issues logging into the game and my launcher and client are up to date. It's just that the news doesn't load.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything is normal for me except for the news not loading in the launcher. That's it. Logging in is just fine.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Vudokan

Updates checked--only today's patch, and that had already been done. Closed launcher and restarted it. News did not load. Did a repair. Repair finished. Closed launcher, restarted it. News still won't load.

image.png
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Updates checked--only today's patch, and that had already been done. Closed launcher and restarted it. News did not load. Did a repair. Repair finished. Closed launcher, restarted it. News still won't load.

Yep, still not loading for me, either.
  • Riverspirit
    Riverspirit
    ✭✭✭
    I am seeing the same behavior, the news never loads.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone experiencing this issue in the ESO Launcher where it is stuck on "Could not load news", please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support. Make sure to include details on whether you are using Steam and the region you're in.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update on this issue, our development team is working to resolve an issue where the news section may not be loading for some players on the ESO Launcher. Further updates will be posted as they are available.
    Staff Post
  • Murse_Joy
    Murse_Joy
    Soul Shriven
    pcpthi2ofeys.png

This is what my launcher looks like. Tried reinstalling too & still stuck like this.

@ZOS_BillE clicked the link you posted & I'm taken to a completely blank page. Tried different browsers & still no luck getting to a support page
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Murse_Joy

Have you tried clearing the cache, cookies, and browsing history in your main browser before loading https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/?
    Staff Post
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    One of the recent updates seems to have fixed this issue for me and it's working normally again. Thanks.