The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Strange graphic bug .... any clue?

solasub
solasub
✭✭✭✭✭
I am posting that for a guildy who has no forum account ; does someone meet the same bug since the patch? She tried everything.
The more she increase the graphics, the bigger the triangles get : this is on lowish graphics, so the triangles are small.
g7sQPL7.png
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 19, 2022 4:17PM
Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
PVP Alpha Squad
PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time they updated their gpu?
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sir...im afraid that the time has come to lay your gpu to rest...and look forward to new beginnings! with RTX if I may suggest...: 3
    Options
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a driver issue? How long since she updated drivers for her GPU?
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add:

Which version are we talking about, Windows or Mac? It's probably a good idea when posting about bugs and crashes to mention the OS and any other pertinent info.

The Mac version has had some graphics issues for a while now, where there are squares of ground that have different textures or colors or reflectivity than the rest of the ground. I haven't cranked up the Mac version since the new update yesterday, because I haven't updated it yet, so I don't know if that issue is better or worse now.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • darkwing777
    darkwing777
    Soul Shriven
    I've got the same problem on my windows 10 notebook with intel HD 5500. Before update I could play with middle and even high settings, but now I've got strange triangles instead of water and shadows.
    Edited by darkwing777 on February 27, 2020 4:08AM
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever see this I'm going to shed a tear and then shoot my PC
    Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any word on this yet? I'm having the same problem!
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete the computer.
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar issue some years ago with Silent Hunter IV, and it was a simple driver issue.

Try updating your drivers. If that doesn't work... it may be a GPU problem.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Delete the computer.
    tenor.gif
    :D:joy:
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not seen this but one time in Alinor I had one of the big red trees go temporarily funky.

https://imgur.com/9nbkRGb

I'm not on the best computer and sometimes do have to wait for stuff to load but pre the patch it was just not there until it was. This tree came in funky and gradually improved until it looked normal.

So they've definitely made graphics changes with this patch.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete the computer.
    tenor.gif
    Saved :)

On the other hand mark computer and pressing ctr-c followed by ctrl-v would be more economical o:)

I had this bug for an long time if i ported to Greenshade and galloped to the undaunted enclave. Notice the water splashes on the ground without texture :)
    Main problem was that your character would freeze in the air if you crossed the line.
    hXaeZYzh.jpg
    Edited by zaria on February 27, 2020 11:37AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • LordVox
    LordVox
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Delete the computer.
    tenor.gif

On the other hand mark computer and pressing ctr-c followed by ctrl-v would be more economical o:)

I had this bug for an long time if i ported to Greenshade and galloped to the undaunted enclave. Notice the water splashes on the ground without texture :)
    Main problem was that your character would freeze in the air if you crossed the line.
    hXaeZYzh.jpg

I have also had this same issue mostly in pvp, occasionally outside of cyrodiil, always hoped this would be addressed because I have spoke with quite a few people with this same graphical bug.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordVox wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    Delete the computer.
    tenor.gif

hXaeZYzh.jpg

I have also had this same issue mostly in pvp, occasionally outside of cyrodiil, always hoped this would be addressed because I have spoke with quite a few people with this same graphical bug.
    Weirdly I has never seen that other places then doing stuff like surveys who takes you porting all over the map.
    This has gone away but I have caught the staircase up to the enclave without displacement mapping. All the staircases in the game are ramps with displacement mapping
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • darkwing777
    darkwing777
    Soul Shriven
    Obviously tht latest update of TESO doesn't fit the latest intel hd graphics driver. I downloaded the old driver of 2015 (win64_15407.4279) and now the game works well. To install the old version you need to install it manually from the zip-file.
    Options
  • Genericfault
    Genericfault
    Soul Shriven
    In case someone encounters this issue (most likely on integrated intel graphics):

Some recently added graphic features are not supported on your hardware, but you can circumvent this by changing the following settings in your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt from "1" to "0"

SET NORMAL_MAPS "0"
    SET SPECULAR_MAPS "0"

Those will remove shiny armor (metal like reflections) as well as surface details on textures, but you will be able to play the game. Especially with AMD FSR you can now get more than 20 FPS with 1080p on medium settings with integrated graphics, which should be enough to enjoy quests and dungeons.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is over two years old, we have decided to close the thread. If you need further assistance, please go ahead and start a new thread in the PC Support forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.