The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another rant about snipe... @__@

Eatmyface
Eatmyface
✭✭✭
Okay, I'ma try keep this brief.

This is just one of those "bringing awareness" threads, because I don't have any real smart ideas about how to fix this trash style of gameplay.

Why is it still able to be glitched / desynced??? WHY.

We've all had it happen... you're riding your pretty flaming horse, standing on a keep porch - whenever, wherever (so catchy, Shakira), and all of a sudden your stam, mag and health bars go straight to 0%. You then wander around in a circle for 3-5s, before transporting back to where you were standing previously - dead. You bring up the death recap, albeit knowing exactly what you're going to see. But why not bring your blood pressure all the way up.

Focused aim 6k > focused aim > 7k > focused aim 9k > focused aim 8k > focused aim > 8k.

No animations. No sounds. No possible way of defense.

Meanwhile, the bottom feeding mouth breather who's standing so far away they might as well be in Deshaan, disappears back into cloak.

For the love of God, Budha, Allah, Jim Carey... CAN WE JUST NOT HAVE THIS.

Thanks for your time xx
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome for whenever, wherever :D
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on January 29, 2020 9:59PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a glitchy skill, we all know it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this skill is quite desperately in need of cleaning up (or just replacement...).

People bag on zerglings spamming one button and jumping (and for good reason) but IMO it's the Snipe-spammers and badling gankers who are the least-skilled players in Cyrodiil.

Once something breaks their expectation of what should happen and their target begins to fight back, it's hilarious how their minds simply melt down and they become paralyzed with the fear of actual fair combat.

I especially love the free kills when they knock my Templar off her horse and it's one Unstable Core -> Toppling Charge -> Crescent Sweep for the GG. Or if they manage to cloak away, then it's time for a detection pot and *shh* *shh* *shh* spam in their last known vector. And once they're in the Jabs... they're never getting out!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep i had this happen twice the other night. Was versing others then all resources gone and was dead, recap was all Snipe.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been one of those extinct nightblades.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm... i have opposite experience with it:

DODGE
    DODGE
    DODGE
    DODGE
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe killed Dumbledore.

whats really amazing is out of all the real world words that spell checker misses or insists are wrong it Knows Dumbledore?
  • isoJs
    isoJs
    ✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    Snipe killed Dumbledore.

whats really amazing is out of all the real world words that spell checker misses or insists are wrong it Knows Dumbledore?

Carefully now, you might get banned here if you spoil movies. :D
    Since 2015
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eatmyface wrote: »
    Okay, I'ma try keep this brief.

This is just one of those "bringing awareness" threads, because I don't have any real smart ideas about how to fix this trash style of gameplay.

Why is it still able to be glitched / desynced??? WHY.

We've all had it happen... you're riding your pretty flaming horse, standing on a keep porch - whenever, wherever (so catchy, Shakira), and all of a sudden your stam, mag and health bars go straight to 0%. You then wander around in a circle for 3-5s, before transporting back to where you were standing previously - dead. You bring up the death recap, albeit knowing exactly what you're going to see. But why not bring your blood pressure all the way up.

Focused aim 6k > focused aim > 7k > focused aim 9k > focused aim 8k > focused aim > 8k.

No animations. No sounds. No possible way of defense.

Meanwhile, the bottom feeding mouth breather who's standing so far away they might as well be in Deshaan, disappears back into cloak.

For the love of God, Budha, Allah, Jim Carey... CAN WE JUST NOT HAVE THIS.

Thanks for your time xx

Desync- is server issue in which some real time movements didnt get registered in the server or it got registered in the server too late ...

The damage is irrelevant, the ability is a prjectile and will always be effected by lag, client issues and or player connection.

You were outplayed nothing more.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    hmm... i have opposite experience with it:

DODGE
    DODGE
    DODGE
    DODGE

This is frustrating, almost all my snipes are dodged/miss its also so damn clunky.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I get sniped, T_Bag inc for the sniper...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this skill is quite desperately in need of cleaning up (or just replacement...).

People bag on zerglings spamming one button and jumping (and for good reason) but IMO it's the Snipe-spammers and badling gankers who are the least-skilled players in Cyrodiil.

Once something breaks their expectation of what should happen and their target begins to fight back, it's hilarious how their minds simply melt down and they become paralyzed with the fear of actual fair combat.

I especially love the free kills when they knock my Templar off her horse and it's one Unstable Core -> Toppling Charge -> Crescent Sweep for the GG. Or if they manage to cloak away, then it's time for a detection pot and *shh* *shh* *shh* spam in their last known vector. And once they're in the Jabs... they're never getting out!

I have doubts that coming in trying to sound all Mr hard guy and then using the laziest boring skill in the game as a point of pride will have the effect that you are looking for jabs-a-lot
    Edited by Unseelie on January 30, 2020 6:14PM
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine PvP in which 3 Jabs, Wrecking Blows, or Rapid Strikes all hit instantaneously. Curious why does it happen with snipe and not Uppercut? They are both cast times.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bahahahahahaha good one!

Obviously a sniper.

There's no "outplayed" - when this happens you're just suddenly dead. There's nothing to react to or defend against. The damage comes from an invisible opponent and registers before the animation or sound occurs to the player being targeted.

If you think you're outplaying anyone by doing this, you're not.

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to die on top of this mountain....
    Snipe would be fine if it didnt desync. Period.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a few posts, we would like to remind everyone that Trolling and Baiting are violations of the rules we have in place. As stated in the rules:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    If there may be any further questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    Imagine PvP in which 3 Jabs, Wrecking Blows, or Rapid Strikes all hit instantaneously. Curious why does it happen with snipe and not Uppercut? They are both cast times.

None of the abilities you mentioned are ranged with projectile travel time, this is where the issue comes from.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »

I have doubts that coming in trying to sound all Mr hard guy and then using the laziest boring skill in the game as a point of pride will have the effect that you are looking for jabs-a-lot

Oh, I fully acknowledge that Templars are OP (notice how I said "Jab spam" as a nod to this?), though it's only one of several classes that I play.

And I'm definitely not the best PvP'er on this forum or anywhere else, but I do at least fight honorably and out in the open and it is still true that most of these gankers have no idea how to fight when you survive their initial strike.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

Bahahahahahaha good one!

Obviously a sniper.

There's no "outplayed" - when this happens you're just suddenly dead. There's nothing to react to or defend against. The damage comes from an invisible opponent and registers before the animation or sound occurs to the player being targeted.

You dont have to be invisible just well positioned so that you aren't spotted after the first snipe.
    The desync is no different than the one that accompanied broken dizzy.
    Other than that Snipe is no different than a sorc pew pewing from a safe distance. The thing with snipe is as long as you hear the first one and roll you are gtg. Being caught already engaged or out of position and not hearing the snipes and its gg
    Edited by jadarock on January 30, 2020 10:02PM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

Bahahahahahaha good one!

Obviously a sniper.

Cant snipe on mag sorc!

Stealth game play and positioning of said player is legitimate game play and is working as intended per developers discretion.

If you have a problem with desync take it up with the developer, but dont advocate forr removing class and weapon abilities in a fantasy game, not every one wants to play or be forced to play melee range. There are several counters to snipers and being oblivous is not one of them.
    OP positioned him self infront of a sniper, thats his fault.
    Anything else?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 31, 2020 1:39AM
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that weird delay on damage the other day. I also couldn't move before any visual indicators were even present, and didn't get a stunned animation to alert me of such. Happens within the first 20 seconds of the video below.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    youtu.be/dskUFIHM_jA Yep... got one too. Check this out - the guys name is literally Dsync. Classic gag.

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to say that archers were a thing in medieval times which combat is very loosely based off of. And yes, they either sniped you from a distance or they stood behind the infantry and shot arrows at you, they didn't run up in the middle of a melee battle and try to shoot you at point blank range because oh yeah, they weren't wearing heavy armor. People can think what they want about the play style but archers shooting from behind the others isn't cowardly, it's smart tactics.

As far as the dsync, that is a whole other issue that falls to ZOS to address and fix. I totally agree that you shouldn't get hit with 5 snipes at once, it should register like any other attack so you can react to it.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bahahahahahaha good one!

Obviously a sniper.

Cant snipe on mag sorc!

Stealth game play and positioning of said player is legitimate game play and is working as intended per developers discretion.

If you have a problem with desync take it up with the developer, but dont advocate forr removing class and weapon abilities in a fantasy game, not every one wants to play or be forced to play melee range. There are several counters to snipers and being oblivous is not one of them.
    Anything else?

How about we rework snipe to be an actual spammable? The current animation is so dumb and could be made instant cast with less damage. Problem solved.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Bahahahahahaha good one!

Obviously a sniper.

Cant snipe on mag sorc!

Anything else?

How about we rework snipe to be an actual spammable? The current animation is so dumb and could be made instant cast with less damage. Problem solved.

Keywords [less damage] i was waiting for this. The last thing we need are more nerfs to damage abilities when too many players are stacking resistances and healing buffs. This idea would make snipe useless.
  • Vig0rz
    Vig0rz
    ✭✭
    Same time happens with crystal blast the one time a year someone runs it. You'd think with how often it happens they'd do literally anything to try and prevent it. All we can do is spread awareness.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    All i know, is i wish they would nerf the da** bow instead of nightblades. The calls for nerfs to snipe and its ilk are not nearly as bad as they were but when ever people complain about bow gankers too heavily, nightblades get nerfed instead of the bow. (At least as far as i noticed)

Otherwise bow gankers especially now are usually pretty easy to deal with with out the desync. The moment you lose a little health. . . ROLL DODGE.

Otherwise i absolutely agree that desync bug needs to be dealt with.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    isoJs wrote: »
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    Snipe killed Dumbledore.

Carefully now, you might get banned here if you spoil movies. :D

I think its been enough time on that one
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Snipe is bugged.

We all know it

We all talk about it

They did try to adress it

But it's back and folks seem able to make it happen..

Rune Cage was bugged and instead they left rh but and nerfed if
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    Just going to say that archers were a thing in medieval times which combat is very loosely based off of. And yes, they either sniped you from a distance or they stood behind the infantry and shot arrows at you, they didn't run up in the middle of a melee battle and try to shoot you at point blank range because oh yeah, they weren't wearing heavy armor. People can think what they want about the play style but archers shooting from behind the others isn't cowardly, it's smart tactics.

As far as the dsync, that is a whole other issue that falls to ZOS to address and fix. I totally agree that you shouldn't get hit with 5 snipes at once, it should register like any other attack so you can react to it.

Also i medieval times people weren’t able to go invisible.

And yes if you crutch on a clear exploit to kill people, you’re a coward. Contrary to what you possibly believe you can still you snipe and not desync people with it. If someone snipe desync’s you, it’s deliberate.

Easiest possible fix would be to have its cast time pull you from steath. You can only be desyced if the sniper is in stealth. remove this and problem solved.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard