The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another rant about snipe... @__@

• jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    archers shooting from behind the others isn't cowardly, it's smart tactics.

looooooool!!!

No mate, this is 100% cowardly

PC-EU
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »
    archers shooting from behind the others isn't cowardly, it's smart tactics.

looooooool!!!

No mate, this is 100% cowardly

no its how archers work read a history text at least once. But I bet you wont bet your mind is already made up here I'll even suggest a battle to read about "Agincourt" for starters. Never underestimate a bowman on the battle field they will ruin your day
    Edited by Salix_alba on February 3, 2020 5:38PM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    You were outplayed nothing more.

Bahahahahahaha good one!

Obviously a sniper.

There's no "outplayed" - when this happens you're just suddenly dead. There's nothing to react to or defend against. The damage comes from an invisible opponent and registers before the animation or sound occurs to the player being targeted.

If you think you're outplaying anyone by doing this, you're not.

Cant snipe on mag sorc!

Stealth game play and positioning of said player is legitimate game play and is working as intended per developers discretion.

If you have a problem with desync take it up with the developer, but dont advocate forr removing class and weapon abilities in a fantasy game, not every one wants to play or be forced to play melee range. There are several counters to snipers and being oblivous is not one of them.
    OP positioned him self infront of a sniper, thats his fault.
    Anything else?

At no point did I advocate any change in this ability or the removal of any class or weapon ability. I was saying that its not skill and you're (not you personally, nightblades in general) not outplaying anyone.

You're literally invisible. Here I come, walking by, minding my own business picking flowers or commenting to myself out loud on how much the rain adds to the ambiance of Cyrodiil and is totally necessary to me as a PvP player even though it causes crippling lag. You think to yourself "I'm about to totally outplay this idiot Magden", and fire your Snipe. The ability desyncs and there's absolutely no way for me to react. All I see is the beautiful rain (in up to several frames per second), but my character is moving funny suddenly. There's no visual or audible signal that the snipe is coming. Suddenly, my screen turns to a blueish hue and my body is on the ground. Then I hear Snipe. The sound happens when I'm already dead and then I see "Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe, Snipe" on the death recap with absolutely no knowledge of the ability hitting me multiple times.

Snipe by itself from an invisible enemy is perfectly fine. Annoying, but beatable.

I'm commenting on desyncing snipe and the fact that the abuse of the desync is not the nightblade "outplaying" anyone.

Snipe does not need to be nerfed. Buff it for all I care. It just needs to work properly.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Monocerotis
    Yes, this skill is quite desperately in need of cleaning up (or just replacement...).

People bag on zerglings spamming one button and jumping (and for good reason) but IMO it's the Snipe-spammers and badling gankers who are the least-skilled players in Cyrodiil.

Once something breaks their expectation of what should happen and their target begins to fight back, it's hilarious how their minds simply melt down and they become paralyzed with the fear of actual fair combat.

I especially love the free kills when they knock my Templar off her horse and it's one Unstable Core -> Toppling Charge -> Crescent Sweep for the GG. Or if they manage to cloak away, then it's time for a detection pot and *shh* *shh* *shh* spam in their last known vector. And once they're in the Jabs... they're never getting out!

Rather than asking to nerf something, it is better to ask the ZOS to resolve the LAG problem on the server. In this way, the problem of de-synchronization of the snipe and many skills would be solved.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just going to say that archers were a thing in medieval times which combat is very loosely based off of. And yes, they either sniped you from a distance or they stood behind the infantry and shot arrows at you, they didn't run up in the middle of a melee battle and try to shoot you at point blank range because oh yeah, they weren't wearing heavy armor. People can think what they want about the play style but archers shooting from behind the others isn't cowardly, it's smart tactics.

As far as the dsync, that is a whole other issue that falls to ZOS to address and fix. I totally agree that you shouldn't get hit with 5 snipes at once, it should register like any other attack so you can react to it.

In real-life historical battles, yes, it was smart strategery.

In a video game where there is zero consequence for dying and you can cloak away, it is absolutely a cowardly playstyle.

This is coming from someone who played a snipe build for their first 6 months in the game.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just going to say that archers were a thing in medieval times which combat is very loosely based off of. And yes, they either sniped you from a distance or they stood behind the infantry and shot arrows at you, they didn't run up in the middle of a melee battle and try to shoot you at point blank range because oh yeah, they weren't wearing heavy armor. People can think what they want about the play style but archers shooting from behind the others isn't cowardly, it's smart tactics.

As far as the dsync, that is a whole other issue that falls to ZOS to address and fix. I totally agree that you shouldn't get hit with 5 snipes at once, it should register like any other attack so you can react to it.

In a video game where there is zero consequence for dying and you can cloak away, it is absolutely a cowardly playstyle.

This is coming from someone who played a snipe build for their first 6 months in the game.

well you'd cloak too if the knight in question had freekin laser beams that he could shoot from his hands or some other game related thing really.

cowardly is playing an rp'ing game and demanding the dm not let the wizard use magic missles or the rouge not hide because your character whos probably armed and armored to the *** still has a weak spot and that makes you sad.
    Edited by Salix_alba on February 4, 2020 6:22AM
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is cowardly. "Aim" at one person behind several persons and if you are seen, then just vanish. The epitome of a coward playstyle.

Desync is the problem. I highly doubt ZOS could fix it. I mean, what are they able to actually fix? They couldn't fix the Leap "missing" it's targets so instead they decided to increase the radius, lol.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its smart in game to wtf?.. and is no different than any range build pew pewing from group cover quit vilifying snipe. Its literally zero difference except for cloak which is a learn to pot aoe or outnumber them problem. And zero consequence? We are squishy that's a build gamble which means we die quick when caught.
    Quit stereotyping us not everyone hides 5928262729 miles away sniping allday either.... @xWarbrain can attest to that. Last night we killed a YouTubers DC sidekick at vlas and I know he was mad because I sniped him twice but I was in melee range lol

Cast time + travel time= desync
    Again It's the desync not snipe that's the issue.
    All my other chars are mag I've been on both ends of it...But what do I know snipes been on my stamblades bar for going on 4 years now

*edit my terrible terminology
    Edited by jadarock on February 4, 2020 5:10PM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill needs a rework or maybe 50% 60% damage cut, so trash players when they see it does no damage they start playing the game not in such coward and skilless way.
    For example why if I go behind a dang wall, I can still receive 2 snipe hits (sometimes even 3)? It should break line of sight immediately even midcast if the enemy use line of sight and not continue channeling even behind walls.
    If they really bring up some crazy good performance boost on the server like they announced maybe the skill won't be problematic anymore and can be left as it is, even tho i doubt.
    It does the same if not more damage than dizzy at 40 range, just stupid. If they remove it for good I won't miss it, it just create bad pvp players, that's all that skill does.