The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ffs zos

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
[snip]
because we were discussing how bad the current combat team is. so they close it.
zos i think you need to seriously reconsider your employees

Edit for discussing moderation.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 28, 2020 6:59PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out dude ffs
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out dude ffs

well there was no "baiting, rude commentary" in that thread at all. And it was constructive because its important for the combat team and managers to know where the playerbase is.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    Chill out dude ffs

well there was no "baiting, rude commentary" in that thread at all. And it was constructive because its important for the combat team and managers to know where the playerbase is.

The 90 or so people who voted in that thread are hardly "the playerbase".

Anyone hanging out on the PTS forum likely already has their own idea of how combat in this game should be. Anything that deviates from what they think is automatically garbage. There is a huge bias on the PTS forum. That poll means nothing at all.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on January 28, 2020 5:57PM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t get to post this but this my reason for voting no:

I find their mathematical and analytical skills to be lacking. They seem to be lost on how to create input/output budgets. Which leads to a lot of revisions of skills and items wasting time that could have been spent creating new combat mechanisms to offer players. I am willing to bet the costs of all those revisions over the years is greater than what zos has made on the sales of the new classes, and skill lines.

If the combat system was better designed from the beginning then zos could have capitalized on the sales of many different additions without having to resort to low key pay for power schemes.

Instead they have been relying on buffing up one or two aspects of the system every patch to dive sales. Like which we have seen when the warden, necro, psijic order skills, traits, and some of newer sets first came out. I bet the mythic items will be something ridiculous in the terms of their increasement of combat capability and the same thing in the new chapter.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As your basically debating whether the combat team should be replaced or not, I can see why they closed it.

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though as a side note, even though it's closed, it still let me vote, lol
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    Chill out dude ffs

The 90 or so people who voted in that thread are hardly "the playerbase".

Anyone hanging out on the PTS forum likely already has their own idea of how combat in this game should be. Anything that deviates from what they think is automatically garbage. There is a huge bias on the PTS forum. That poll means nothing at all.

This ^^ it is the actual answer!
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Called it. Why not title/word your thread to be a little more constructive instead of just "hey guys the combat team sux and should be fired amirite fellas haha"
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

We are closing this thread as it is only intended to discuss moderation action.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.