Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant Error 210 on Steam Launcher

Valenwrath
I have been constantly getting this error message saying it's failed to download the patch manifest. I have tried every troubleshooting step on the help page, apart from downloading the patch manifest itself but that's only because it doesn't let me access the page to download it from (not sure if it's like that for other people). I have also tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling as a last resort but even that hasn't worked.
  • Valenwrath
    For clarification, this link: https://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest is the link on the help page and it doesn't work. Again, unsure if this is the case for other people.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have the steam launcher, but mine also did that with the patch manifest.

If I right click the icon, I can choose to open as administrator

It does the trick
  • Valenwrath
    Above method hasn't worked for me
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Valenwrath

Have you tried downloading the patch manifest file through a different web browser?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Valenwrath
    @ZOS_BillE

Yeah tried some other browsers but still no luck. Comes up with an error reaching the page. Tried temporarily disabling the firewall and antivirus but the page still can't be reached.
  • Valenwrath
    *update, been asking people with different IP's, all have the same issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Valenwrath

Thank you for testing and we've reproduced the issue with the manifest link. It has been reported and is being looked into.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Valenwrath
    Thank you for the time, may you please post any updates on this situation here? I know I'm probably not the only one with this problem.
  • Valenwrath
    Solved, update:

I have figured out that the problem was my domain WiFi connection. With me being in a university, the network was blocking the patch manifest file. Upon closing the launcher then connecting to my hotspot on my mobile phone network the launcher updated as normal and the game became playable.