The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Launcher/patcher not working

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
I can use my shortcut to launch the game just fine. But once I put in my password the message for the version being incorrect comes up and all it does is shut the game down. My Bethesda.net_Launcher does not work at all. I've check the firewall settings etc. I also don't use Steam.
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dreyloch

What is the exact error message coming up when attempting to open the launcher?

There are some troubleshooting steps you can try for this issue listed in the help article below.

What do I do if I get an error "Unable to determine current version" when trying to launch The Elder Scrolls Online?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured out the issue on my own. Turns out for whatever reason, ESO was looking at an external drive that I realized was not showing up on my system. I have no idea WHY this would matter, since the game was not installed there and there should be no reference to ESO what so ever!

I looked at all the items for the launcher not working in the forums before I posted. None of it worked. I un-installed the game, and when I tried to re-download it with the launcher from the account page....It would seem to start (similar to maybe an install shield?) but nothing would happen. No icons appeared, nothing, nada. Until I saw the missing drive. Once it was back, the launcher worked and I reinstalled no problem. Please add this to the list of oddities for "Launcher not working" or Launcher does not react" @ZOS_BillE. Thank you for answering just the same =)
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options