The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Bonus Rewards and XP during ESO’s New Life Festival Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
3cd6b6be7ce594ae1bd2b7a9759fafca.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Get Bonus Rewards and XP during ESO’s New Life Festival Event" blog article.

Celebrate an amazing year of adventure and comradery with the return of the New Life Festival. Earn bonus XP, event-unique rewards, and more during this merry fete!
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on January 30, 2020 2:05PM
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article does not appear when this one clicks the above link. Only a shiny picture of Brenda tempting us with seasonal booze.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dar
    Dar
    Soul Shriven
    No Pure-Snow Indrik pet?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone, be aware that the the 12 Event Ticket Limit is still in place. Go to the Impresario as often as you need to avoid losing tickets.

2 Tickets: 1st New Life Quest
    3 Tickets: first boss slain from the following categories - World bosses, Delve bosses, Final dungeon bosses, Final trial bosses. Final arena bosses. Dragon hunt, Dolmen, and Abyssal Geyser bosses

(Personal recommendation: if you had any trouble with getting your event tickets from Dragons, pick a different boss to kill first. If you do lose tickets due to crashing, etc. the in-game Ask For Help option was helpful in reaching Support to get my tickets refunded.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 19, 2019 8:09PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL previous Indriik Berries are available from the Impresario!

Thank you ZOS!
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 17, 2019 4:08PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dar wrote: »
    No Pure-Snow Indrik pet?
    @Dar @Dar there is. It's stated towards the bottom of the artical along with everything else obtainable from the impresario. Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to tag you twice.
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on December 17, 2019 4:16PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ALL previous Indriik Berries are available from the Impresario!

Thank you ZOS!

Yes! That was a very nice surprise. Not that it will benefit me at all, but I'm very happy that players will have the opportunity to pick up berries they missed or perhaps even get a full set with all the tickets we'll be getting. By my calculations, it's a possible total of 75 tickets!

I only need the final berry, pet, and 4th feather for my 5th nascent. So....I wish there was more available for purchase. Yes, I can pick up Skaal pages, and perhaps I'll do that if I end up needing a page or two, as I'll probably get tired of the event after a few days. So, after I get what I need, I can just stick to either the event or just do regular stuff to get the three tickets from bosses. I can even miss some days, though I don't think I will since I'm not traveling over the holidays.

ETA: I guess I can pick up some additional feathers once I've evolved my 5th nascent. I'm not really planning to chase future evolutions, like the ghost indrik, but if there does happen to be a future one I'm interested in, I'd already have a nascent ready to evolve, with feathers for yet another one. Then, I'd only have to worry about the berries. Hmm...

I have some suggestions, though, for future years:

1. Like the Imperial City Anniversary Event, have some Imperial furnishings for sale. Because the Enchanted Snow Globe home has an Imperial lighthouse, it would be nice to be able to pick up some Imperial furnishings with event tickets. I'd wish for this for this year, since I'd definitely have tickets to spare for this.

2. Please add a quest for Imperials! It's about time, and since achievements and new things have been added to other events, I don't think this would be too difficult if one new achievement got added for an Imperial quest.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 17, 2019 4:57PM
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really like the idea of the Charity writs! Getting an ingame skin AND a new costume is very nice, not many opportunities for skins outside of trials.

And the 5 tickets plus all the previous Indrik berries is a real treat! Looking forward to this event.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having lost all my collectibles in the switch to PC, I'm very happy to see the old berries brought back. It's a nice gesture of goodwill towards newer players too. Now I just have to hope in a future event they'll be willing to bring back the other pets as well. :)
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dar wrote: »
    No Pure-Snow Indrik pet?
    @Dar @Dar there is. It's stated towards the bottom of the artical along with everything else obtainable from the impresario. Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to tag you twice.

article lists New Frost-Light Indrik pet. my brain auto-completed to pure snow as well, but it seems to be a different pet, I think its the one that was datamined a while back.

here is to hoping that "including" means that impressario will have more stuff then article lists.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    . Please note that the Indrik Berries you can collect each quarter will ONLY be available during that quarter. Previous Indrik Berries will not return once the next quarter has begun, meaning this is your only chance to acquire this specific evolution.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back tracking from zos. Lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »

Are you complaining that ZOS is giving everyone a final opportunity to pick up missed berries for the holidays?

Or complaining that the Indriks are a marketing stunt and this is a really generous marketing stunt that happens to backtrack over some of the limiting promises of the original marketing stunt, in favor of new players i.e. if you didn't grind Q1 etc., you'll never get that indrik?

I can't complain about backtracking on the side of generosity.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 17, 2019 6:34PM
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does "Dragon hunt, Dolmen, and Abyssal Geyser bosses" count as a single category?
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you complaining that ZOS is giving everyone a final opportunity to pick up missed berries for the holidays?

Or complaining that the Indriks are a marketing stunt and this is a really generous marketing stunt that happens to backtrack over some of the limiting promises of the original marketing stunt, in favor of new players i.e. if you didn't grind Q1 etc., you'll never get that indrik?

Alot of us have worked hard to aquire Indriks within the timeframe promised. Now it's a free for all. It's no wonder no one trusts anyone if they change the rules as they like. It's a nice gesture for those who missed out but a bit of a backhanded ogesture to the rest of us imo
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of us have worked hard to aquire Indriks within the timeframe promised. Now it's a free for all. It's no wonder no one trusts anyone if they change the rules as they like. It's a nice gesture for those who missed out but a bit of a backhanded ogesture to the rest of us imo

speak for yourself. I think its great and yes, i worked hard on those indriks during their original quarters. they still cost the same amount of tickets. and whatever tickets you are spending on older indriks, you are not spending on new stuff.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    Are the event dates and times the same for all platforms?
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Skinchanger motifs? Last year the boxes dropped all motifs from dlc dungeons....
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone post New Life Festival Gift Box Loot table?
    its the same as last year?
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    Only Skinchanger motifs? Last year the boxes dropped all motifs from dlc dungeons....

They had the potential of rewarding crown store items too last year, lots of pets, mounts, even houses got awarded last year. Looks like this is just a ticket grind and nothing else
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Ahem* Um, excuse me, uh...where are the Opal boss weapon styles? Are they not going to be made available as well?
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on December 18, 2019 3:36AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Ahem* Um, excuse me, uh...where are the Opal boss weapon styles?

ZOS stated on Twitter that the Opal pages would stay attached to the Undaunted Event when they posted the latest Update. I wish they'd have included it in the forum Update as well.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS stated on Twitter that the Opal pages would stay attached to the Undaunted Event when they posted the latest Update. I wish they'd have included it in the forum Update as well.

Sooo...we have to wait another whole year for them because of something that we had no control over?
    I'd say the event is going to come back, but they're combining it with this one. So now I'm a bit skeptical. :/
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sooo...we have to wait another whole year for them because of something that we had no control over?
    I'd say the event is going to come back, but they're combining it with this one. So now I'm a bit skeptical. :/

Keep your eye on the Update on the Undaunted Event thread, since the current plan is Mid-January assuming *fingers crossed* they really can work out the bugs in the Activity Finder.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep your eye on the Update on the Undaunted Event thread, since the current plan is Mid-January assuming *fingers crossed* they really can work out the bugs in the Activity Finder.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event

Oh, thanks! :3 Somehow, I missed that thread. Now to cross my own fingers!...erm, claws. XP
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the previous indrik pets aren't gonna come back for those who missed them? I'm glad I got all mine previously, but since they're bringing back the berries, I thought they'd bring back the pets too for the people who missed them.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »

They had the potential of rewarding crown store items too last year, lots of pets, mounts, even houses got awarded last year. Looks like this is just a ticket grind and nothing else

I think you're thinking the Undaunted Festival. New Life has always been Skinchanger, style mat for Skinchanger, Holiday Recipes, the juggling/mudball Mementos (runeboxes and individual), Holiday Costume Runeboxes and random light furnishings (added after first year).
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what you mean, but the Indrik has been anyway so massively devalued (like down to 0) when they started to sell tickets in crownshop. Before that it had quite a bit of value, as it showed you really had to put some efforts into the game to get it, but since you can just buy it completely from the crown shop, its pretty much worthless in this way and just a gimmik any more. So i dont mind at all, its now a free for all. I'm even quite happy with it, as i used all the tickets of the last event for writs to get "witch" title on as much chars as possible.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't care about berries and already have the full Skinchanger motif book are there any other notable rewards, besides the charity writ rewards?

I thought this was the event where you could get every motif by doing daily crafting writs, or is that another one?
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    If I don't care about berries and already have the full Skinchanger motif book are there any other notable rewards, besides the charity writ rewards?

I thought this was the event where you could get every motif by doing daily crafting writs, or is that another one?

You are thinking of the Anniversary Event in April.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.