The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon Knights need to be scaled down some

Jeremy
Jeremy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't often call for nerfs. In fact, it's extremely rare when I do. But this is the exception.

I'm sick of encountering the same type of Dragon Knight in no CP Cyrodil. They just run around spamming the same burst macro with their annoying little snare and whip combinations and do way too much damage. It's ridiculous, especially if you are a Vampire.

So either nerf this combination or I'm just going to start running every time I see it. That or I'll just quit your PvP all together. The developers did a pretty good job limiting these lame kind of lame over-the top burst fighting styles but this one slipped through the cracks.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that's what you get for being vampire... advantage over other 10+ specs and huge pain from magDKs.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that's what you get for being vampire... advantage over other 10+ specs and huge pain from magDKs.

It's dumb, Martin.

It's not just a "huge pain" but it's impossible to defend against. They just spam the same burst macro over and over and there is literally nothing you can do to counter it. It's just too much damage and I'm sick of seeing them all do it. It's gotten stupid.

No class - Vampires included - should have to run as their only alternative. Especially considering they spam snare so running isn't exactly easy to do...

If they are going to make Vampires free kills for offensive Dragon Knights then they need to give them an effective escape move against them. Mist form doesn't cut it.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 7:37PM
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Mag dk is in a good spot right now. Nerf sorc
    Edited by Mason_Cane on December 13, 2019 7:41PM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    And then instead I find those vampire Magcros or Magdens (even magplars), which I hit for 5k crit Dawnbreaker on my 6k weapon damage toon while they dish out 10k accellerated drain on me...
    Dk is strong, especially stamina, but among all of them you choose not the worse one in my opinion (I am not dk main at all).
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And then instead I find those vampire Magcros or Magdens (even magplars), which I hit for 5k crit Dawnbreaker on my 6k weapon damage toon while they dish out 10k accellerated drain on me...
    Dk is strong, especially stamina, but among all of them you choose not the worse one in my opinion (I am not dk main at all).

None of those classes you name can put out the damage a Dragon Knight does on me. As I said above, it's impossible to defend against. They are just too powerful against Vampires.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I dont often call for nerfs" lmao

Stay near your healer? Pop a immov pot? Stay out of melee? Damage output is very high right now.
    If you are a vamp and squishy you are asking to be deleted by even average players as long as they time their burst right
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    "I dont often call for nerfs" lmao

Stay near your healer? Pop a immov pot? Stay out of melee? Damage output is very high right now.
    If you are a vamp and squishy you are asking to be deleted by even average players as long as they time their burst right

Would you like to 1v1 me? I'll meet you right now in Cyrodil and you can decide if I am "squishy" or not.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 7:44PM
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Vampire you say.
    Fire skills hit you hard you say.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What "burst macro?"

Wait... what "snare" are they spamming? Because DK only has one snare, and it's a 5m diameter stationary skill that costs a ton.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mason_Cane wrote: »
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

I'm ok with fire hitting Vampires hard. But when it becomes impossible to defend against, there is a problem.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 7:47PM
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

I'm ok with fire hitting Vampires hard. But when it becomes impossible to defend against, there is a problem.

Don't you think you would fair better by getting rid of vampire? Wouldn't it be better for you to adjust then to ask for a nerf to a whole class?

Oh and nerf sorc
    Edited by Mason_Cane on December 13, 2019 7:51PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Defile debuffs were available/meaningful, magDk would be totally balanced. In this meta I'll be honest, I avoid melee 1v1 against decent magDK because they have all the advantage. They don't need a nerf, they need counterplay.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Runs vampire in no CP.
    > Complains about DKs actually hurting him.

Duh.

Either get rid of vampire or build defensively (which means you won't have as much damage since in no CP you just don't have it all). Simple.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

Don't you think you would fair better by getting rid of vampire? Wouldn't it be better for you to adjust then to ask for a nerf to a whole class?

Oh and nerf sorc

Maybe.

If they can't balance it properly to where Vampires aren't basically just free kills for well-played Dragon Knights then perhaps they should just remove it. It's not a bad argument you make.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 7:55PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    If Defile debuffs were available/meaningful, magDk would be totally balanced. In this meta I'll be honest, I avoid melee 1v1 against decent magDK because they have all the advantage. They don't need a nerf, they need counterplay.

I'm going to have to start avoiding 1v1 against them as well. It's just stupid to fight them.

I'm not opposed to adding some counter play options instead of nerfs. Just so long as something is done.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

Oh and nerf sorc

Maybe.

If they can't balance it properly to where Vampires aren't basically just free kills for well-played Dragon Knights then perhaps they should just remove it. It's not a bad argument you make.

What class and build do you actually run? You play CP or no-CP?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    > Runs vampire in no CP.

Duh.

Either get rid of vampire or build defensively (which means you won't have as much damage since in no CP you just don't have it all). Simple.

I'm going to answer you the same way I am going to answer all of these ______ posts.

Would you like to 1v1 me? I'll fight you in Cyrodil right now and you can tell me whether I'm squishy or not? Because I'm sick of debating people who act like they know me or how I play or build my character when they obviously have no clue.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:04PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Runs vampire in no CP.

Duh.

I'm going to answer you the same way I am going to answer all of these ______ post.

Would you like to 1v1 me? I'll fight you in Cyrodil right now and you can tell me whether I'm squishy or not? Because I'm sick of debating people who act like they know me or how I play or build my character when they obviously have no clue.

What is that, 2005 CS? 1v1 me on Dust 2!1!

You have a problem with survivability. So yes, you are squishy.

Duh.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

Oh and nerf sorc

Maybe.

NO CP.

I"m a Templar Vampire.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Runs vampire in no CP.

Duh.

I'm going to answer you the same way I am going to answer all of these ______ post.

Duh.

So let's set up a match between you and me in Cyrodil right now and let's see how "squishy" I am?

Talk is cheap.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:03PM
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

D
    Vampire you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

Oh and nerf sorc

Maybe.

NO CP.

I"m a Templar Vampire.

Run
    > Runs vampire in no CP.

Duh.

Duh.

So let's set up a match between you and me in Cyrodil right now and let's see how "squishy" I am?

Talk is cheap.

What if he is a mag dk
    Edited by Mason_Cane on December 13, 2019 8:04PM
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    What if he brings a mag dk to 1v1 you?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if he brings a mag dk to 1v1 you?

He'll still see that I"m not "squishy" so his comments were without merit. So I don't care what he brings.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several comments for flaming and baiting, content that violates the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment and action on one's account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz nerf the login screen too, it's too hard
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I"m not "squishy"
    They just run around spamming the same burst macro with their annoying little snare and whip combinations and do way too much damage.

Something does not add up :thinking:
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    Plz nerf the login screen too, it's too hard

I wouldn't mind a nerf to the load screens.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:23PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's dumb, Martin.

It's not just a "huge pain" but it's impossible to defend against. They just spam the same burst macro over and over and there is literally nothing you can do to counter it. It's just too much damage and I'm sick of seeing them all do it. It's gotten stupid.

No class - Vampires included - should have to run as their only alternative. Especially considering they spam snare so running isn't exactly easy to do...

If they are going to make Vampires free kills for offensive Dragon Knights then they need to give them an effective escape move against them. Mist form doesn't cut it.

They need to reduce both vampire's susceptibility to fire and undeath. I'll go with 5/10/15% susceptibility (lstage 2/3/4) and 20% undeath. Well, also if you are not running some extremely expensive food like ATB you can drop to level 1 vampirism if you see too many magDKs around... I just noticed that they appear in huge numbers as I roll vampire, idk if this is coincidence or not.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still want the resource return? Lower vamp stage to 2 for a 15% fire vulnerability instead of 25.

Or just drop vamp, it it’s the simplest solution, so obvious.

You built a hardcounter into your build for some free stats and extra abilities and then complain even though you signed up for this.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really think people are using "macros" for Fossilize then Flame Lash?
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
This discussion has been closed.