Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Save on DLCs, Assistants, and More"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
0fe5a1b4d515d087b941457b8ed61cc5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Save on DLCs, Assistants, and More during the Crown Store Black Fredas Sale! " blog article.

You can pick up a deal on in-game Assistants, Season of the Dragon dungeon DLCs, tokens, and a special Black Fredas bundle in our limited-time Crown Store sale.
Staff Post
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are crowns themselves going to be on sale or nah?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Are crowns themselves going to be on sale or nah?

No Crowns on sale this time. Everything that will be on sale has now been announced with this article.
    Staff Post
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, only 20% off on only just the Merchant assistant(s) this year, and not even the banker to pair with as well?
    I'm glad I snagged both the Merchant and Banker for 50% off during last year's sale. 20% off on only 1 of them this year seems like a complete and total insult -- especially after the recent failed events and terrible server performance...
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • FPH
    FPH
    ✭✭
    Disappointing for me. Was hoping for the ingame houses hunters glade and erstwhile sanctuary as the did last year. On the bright side, I saved money :smile:
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, only 20% off on only just the Merchant assistant(s) this year, and not even the banker to pair with as well?
    I'm glad I snagged both the Merchant and Banker for 50% off during last year's sale. 20% off on only 1 of them this year seems like a complete and total insult -- especially after the recent failed events and terrible server performance...

But article says "However, when the sale for the above item ends, a new one begins for these individual items:

Ezabi the Banker Assistant
    Tythis Andromo the Banker Assistant
    Mundus Stones (acquired from the Housing Editor)"

So the banker will be available for sale
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year we were able to buy many limited itens, costumes and bundles :/
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Darkmistress1337
    Darkmistress1337
    ✭✭✭
    What an extremely underwhelming and disappointing Black Friday sales article.
    The article is dedicated almost entirely to useless temporary items: 10 Experience Scrolls, 10 Riding Speed Lessons, 10 Riding Capacity Lessons, 10 Fortifying Meals, 10 Soul Gems, and 50 Tri-Restoration Potions.
    Wow, "that’s 8,100 crowns of value!" Psh. No one cares about this garbage 'bundle.' We get enough of these temporary items for free from Daily Login Rewards and Twitch Drops. And you separated the sale timer on the Merchant & Banker. Annoying.
    Where are the 50% off sales on Crowns themselves, or Houses, Mounts, Costumes, and the things people actually care about?
    Please revamp your entire Marketing/Monetization team... I really hope the New Years/New Life 'sales' aren't as much of a let-down... :/
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmistress1337
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to check the discount on the Dungeon DLCs. Then I remember that I never buy dungeon DLCs so that when I'm not subbed I can have them excluded from random dungeons in group finder. Especially when leveling alts and they hit level 45 and random dungeons end up like 80% DLC. Getting a DLC dungeon as a random when the drops are below max level and useless is the worst.

I'll stick with never buying a DLC dungeon, even though I enjoy clearing them a few times.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically 1900k crowns for a wolf as rest is useless
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker who exactly on the Marketing/Monetization/Crown-Store team at ZOS determines what virtual-goods will 'go on sale' and sets the prices for these continuous underwhelming & disappointing flash-sales? They have become a farce.

As an ESO subscriber since beta, and one who currently has 5-figures of crowns, dozens of mounts/pets/costumes and ingame virtual goods, this year's Black Fredas 'sale' extremely frustrates and disappoints me. Hopefully your Crown Store team can get it together. Jeez, what a joke... :|

Want to break-the-bank, make a profit, and go black for Black Friday? Then offer consumers and your player-base a decent deal.
    These are virtual goods. There is zero overhead costs on offering better prices. The re-skinned art and assets were already made.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on November 27, 2019 3:34PM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I expected some more and more amazing deals :| But yay, Fezez the Merchant for me!
    I'm glad I snagged both the Merchant and Banker for 50% off during last year's sale.
    I'm pretty sure they were not 50% off last year but 3500 crowns (instead of 5000). I got myself an Andromo back then.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Basically 1900k crowns for a wolf as rest is useless

Can't even decon for gems as they are not from a crate.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on November 27, 2019 3:38PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoebe wrote: »
    Actually, I expected some more and more amazing deals :| But yay, Fezez the Merchant for me!
    I'm glad I snagged both the Merchant and Banker for 50% off during last year's sale.
    I'm pretty sure they were not 50% off last year but 3500 crowns (instead of 5000). I got myself an Andromo back then.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/427272/ahem-so-where-is-the-new-banker-and-merchant
    Banker
    vh9ncyem3rwc.png
    Merchant
    2sgqfogl9po0.png

I would trade in Nuzhimeh the Merchant and Tythis Andromo the Banker for these two above, any day.
    But ZOS's Crown Store/Monetization Team is incompetent and gave us cats instead of providing all of the options.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought about getting a banker, but this is not a sale - that's a joke, honestly, especially for Black Fredas
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    As a newer player, I've been eagerly waiting for a sale announcement on PC, which eventually arrived frustratingly late in comparison to the one for consoles. Please don't post it so late next time.

And now that it's up, I have to agree with the disappointment expressed above. I was hoping for a sale on houses, furnishings, costumes, mounts, crowns - yet all we got is a split sale on bankers/assistants, a couple of DLCs, mundus stones and a bundle which basically is just one wolf mount, all other items are easily accessible for ingame gold (replace XP scrolls with Psijic Ambrosia).

Would really appreciate much more variety of items on sale next time, guys. Thanks.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see the New Moon crates going for lower than I originally planned on getting them for per pack, and the wolf mount is kinda nice...

But I'd been holding out hope we'd have seen another Crown Pack sale sometime in October or November before now, since every other crown pack sale this year had been separated by a 3 month period... no such luck. Looking back after my disappointment, seems we probably won't see one til late December or even next year in January. So that's a huge bummer.

Also none of the other big houses up during the holiday sale? I know more than one person who was ready to drop money on houses like the Aldmeri Grotto and especially the Hunter's Glade, but so far no mention of those. Not sure why they'd skip out on that opportunity to sell more big houses.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bundle is nice for a newer player.

All of my characters are max level, mounts all leveled except 2 that need to finish capacity in the next week or so. I have more mounts than I can use.

What about something for older players?
    Oh right they don't care about keeping older players around even if we spend money.
    Edited by Katahdin on November 27, 2019 4:17PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the bundle is basically just the wolf. All other items are free things from login rewards, and gets destroyed mostly or used on a twink when leveling up.

A similar wolf on the regular crown shop is 1800 crowns. So you gave him another color, made him 100 crowns more expensive and call it "offer".

After weeks of bugs and not-able-to-login i really thought you make out of this fredas something cool, not just... a more expensive mount.

(snip)
    So it IS possible, the guys just didnt want to do it and lied straight into my face. That unprofessional and rude.

Whats up with you guys? You are just bored of the game? Or of us?
    I dont get it....
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on November 28, 2019 2:57PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the others, this year's Black Friday 'sale' is very lackluster. :confused:

A 20% discount isn't even better than the regular flash sales and ESO+ discounts. And 0 items have returned to the Crown Store, even though you have hundreds of items that are currently generating 0 income since they're not available for purchase.

Last year you brought back several unavailable houses, furniture packs, old costumes, etc. Plenty of people (including me) jumped at the chance to finally be able to purchase those unavailable items during their brief return for BF. But now, we get 20-30% discounts on items that are in the Crown Store for 100% of the year anyway...

I was almost worried that I won't have enough Crowns this year if you bring back several old items... but it seems like I won't be buying anything at all so my worries were unwarrented :grimace:
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping the Grim Harlequin motif would finally make an appearance. I would have actually spent crowns on that. Nothing here catches my fancy though.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is also quite underwhelmed by the sales being offered. Foolishly this one hoped for some kind of extra incentive due to the plethora of problems with the game over the past few months.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m gonna save on DLCs, merchants, and more by not buying anything...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/427272/ahem-so-where-is-the-new-banker-and-merchant
    Banker
    vh9ncyem3rwc.png
    Merchant
    2sgqfogl9po0.png

I would trade in Nuzhimeh the Merchant and Tythis Andromo the Banker for these two above, any day.
    But ZOS's Crown Store/Monetization Team is incompetent and gave us cats instead of providing all of the options.

Cats are far cooler. Those 2 are just more of the same.
  • jahaposada
    jahaposada
    ✭✭✭
    This one is also quite underwhelmed by the sales being offered. Foolishly this one hoped for some kind of extra incentive due to the plethora of problems with the game over the past few months.

Seriously. What a poor decision. This is pathetic compared to last year. With this game looking so amateurish I'm stunned the opportunity wasn't taken to make amends with deep discounts on lots of items. I was anticipating the sale going live and right now I don't even feel like playing.

Unfortunately the only way to affect change is to let your money do the talking. I haven't given much thought to dropping ESO plus until now. Pretty disgusted at the moment. Bah humbug!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Banker
    vh9ncyem3rwc.png
    Merchant
    2sgqfogl9po0.png

Cats are far cooler. Those 2 are just more of the same.

I love the Alfiq but why can’t we have all of these options so we could each buy the one(s) we like! :) They could have at least introduced these two assistants with the sale, offer us something new... I would have loved to hire that Elven merchant!

I’m really disappointed by the Black Fredas sale offerings too. :( I had hoped the pictures bundle was a mount and furnishings — not items easily obtained in game. Even as a newer player myself with not a single character yet 60/60/60 in riding, I would never pay Crowns for that. Nor XP Scrolls, which I do appreciate as log in and level rewards but again, would never pay Crowns for. :/ But to each their own and the above wouldn’t even matter to me if their were other options — like some costumes I’ve been wanting, a return of some furnishings packs I missed out on, some houses as there were last year (I was hoping for Tel Galen). Based on previous years and the assumption of a goal to sell Crowns at full price, I had expected that there would be lots of tempting offerings, but alas... :disappointed:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 27, 2019 8:32PM
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    No notable homes? A big disappointment.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was really hoping for the collector's editions of the DLC. Wonder if I should get them on discount and hope for an upgrade later :/
  • kiksadi
    kiksadi
    ✭✭
    Mega disappointed. The sale on the merchant and banker is way smaller than last year. Didn't bring back the Black Fredas horse from last year. No house sales? What about bringing back old costumes and stuff like you did last year? Why is this so disappointing compared to last year? Oh well... At least bring us the Grim Harlequin? I've been playing over a year now and haven't seen it on sale yet. Fingers crossed December brings better sales.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Can you confirm which platforms this sale is for? The previous announcement said PC players stay tuned for future announcement for details.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Can you confirm which platforms this sale is for? The previous announcement said PC players stay tuned for future announcement for details.

The in-game sales are for all platforms. The sales on the base game and Elsweyr vary by platform and are outlined here.
    Staff Post