Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

gamepad mode, left joystick not responding

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Moving forward or backwards is working fine, but trying to go left or right is non-responsive after the latest update. I don't know if its Steam, the PS4 controller, or something else. I'm not having the same problem on other games, just ESO and it doesn't seem to be consistent, it comes and goes, relogging on a character sometimes fixes it.
Edited by phaneub17_ESO on November 5, 2019 3:49AM
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I use a crafting station I encounter the same problem. Reloading the UI is a temporary fix.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same problem here.

Will be a major issue if this bug is included in today's big console update. :o

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by goldenarcher1 on November 5, 2019 10:40AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurica wrote: »
    Every time I use a crafting station I encounter the same problem. Reloading the UI is a temporary fix.

Okay I see it, when you go to Refine materials the controls carry over when you leave the crafting station.
  • mistpeak
    mistpeak
    Same problem, jerky movements with controllers left stick. Also my bears keep randomly disappearing on my Wardens.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I’ll be somewhat relieved if the cause of this is indeed limited to refining at crafting stations, since I hadn’t been able to narrow it down myself, having to reload or relog after using them just to play the game normally is incredibly frustrating. I don’t know what they broke recently, but it’s got to be fixed.

Even worse is that the D-pad seems to be shot as well as the stick, so you can’t do other basic things, like change amounts of currency that you’d like to deposit or withdraw from any personal or guild bank beyond the 0-9 in the singles column. There’s just no way to input left or right movement.

This is probably the biggest of a host of gamepad mode issues I’ve encountered in the past couple of weeks. I sincerely hope consoles don’t get these issues too.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me every time I try to use a crafting station as well (for any purpose... creating, deconning, refining). I'm glad it's not my controller breaking but it's highly annoying since I have to log out and back in again to fix it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    What type of controller is everyone using?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition-

https://www.razer.com/gaming-controllers/razer-wolverine-tournament-edition

It's got 2 extra triggers on top and 2 paddles on the underside.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for checking in!

DS4 with XInput here, so the game should see it as an Xbox 360.

The computer still recognizes the input regardless; it’s just the game that stops taking the left-right input. Relogging corrects the issue for me but is a clunky workaround.

Thanks again. Hope we can get it sorted soon.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

xbox 360 wireless controller on PC

Have played a big chunk of the Dragonhold main quest this afternoon without issue,but then went to do daily crafting writs and the bug occurs shortly after using crafting stations.
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭
    I have zero issues with the steam controller, mixed input (xinput + mouse)
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use an Xbox 360 controller on PC, but always swap to keyboard and mouse for crafting and banking, which may explain why I haven't experienced this issue.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭

I'm using the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller on PC.
  • Tenais
    Tenais
    Soul Shriven
    Logitech F310 gamepad. I lose side to side (strafe?) after using craft station, but only if I use the craft multiple or refine multiple (which is also controlled with the strafe stick).
  • F9thRet
    F9thRet

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Candy-Wired-Controller-360-Blueberry/dp/B00M7ZJ2LY/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=rock+candy+game+controller&qid=1573007293&sr=8-2

PDP Rock Candy Wired Controller for Xbox 360, Blueberry Boom

Works fine on all other games, and when I go under properties advanced, with Windows 10 pro.
  • F9thRet
    F9thRet
    doh! Forgot to add, even tried applying default controls via the ingame keybind menu.

• Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is consistent across all platforms, it's safe to say it's not our controllers that's the issue, but the game's coding itself.

Does anyone remember not being able to select your bait while trying to fish on the gamepad right after Elsweyr came out? :D
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA Xbone elite controller did same last night while doing writs on one toon, switched accounts and it worked fine again, switched back and worked fine but didn't try on the original character I had the issue with. It was very odd the way it happened I was running doing writs and all was fine till after blacksmithing or woodworking and then right and left stopped responding. I had checked controls by hitting escape then controls it was still fine on that end and I tried remapping them to be sure. Right and left worked in the controls to be able to remap(in otherwords they were still recognized while in control menu) but still didn't work when I exited out back to game. But like I said I think the issue went away after switching accounts.
    Edited by Runs on November 6, 2019 6:49AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Daiyanae
    Daiyanae
    ✭✭
    The gamepad issue is still not fixed. I can't move left or right with the joystick walking or moving. I can't move left or right through the choices in the Creation window at the craft stations. Also, can't move left to change the amount of coin to deposit in bank.

PC NA

• bilde2910
    bilde2910
    Soul Shriven
    This issue happens for me if I try to multi-craft or multi-refine (when getting the menu that lets you select the amount of items to craft/refine by going left/right). After performing the crafting, or after refining items, going back and forth works, but not sideways. When going sideways, I hear the "clicking" sound that would otherwise sound when choosing item quantity or moving around in a menu.

I play with a PowerA Enhanced gamepad (it is XB1 compatible) on PC-EU in gamepad mode. Turning off all addons does not resolve the issue.
  • mistpeak
    mistpeak

Steelseries Stratus Duo I purchased it three days ago. I've noticed problems after using the crafting station, after traveling via wayshrine and just random. The bear is also disappearing after these events but not necessarily at the same time as the controller stops working properly.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Thank you for checking in!

DS4 with XInput here, so the game should see it as an Xbox 360.

The computer still recognizes the input regardless; it’s just the game that stops taking the left-right input. Relogging corrects the issue for me but is a clunky workaround.

Thanks again. Hope we can get it sorted soon.

Same here. Restarting the game from scratch sometimes fixes my issue, but more often than not I’m rebooting my PC. Horrible for someone who just switched over from console and is paying a sub.
  • Cauri
    Cauri
    same here. since today i cant move left or right. xbox 360 controller.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed my right stick is getting stuck. Could be on my end but it is a fairly new controller and I did first notice it after the update.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to follow up, we're currently testing a fix for this issue and are planning to add it to an upcoming incremental patch. Thanks for the info, everyone!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [quote="bilde2910;c-6443797"]This issue happens for me if I try to multi-craft or multi-refine (when getting the menu that lets you select the amount of items to craft/refine by going left/right). After performing the crafting, or after refining items, going back and forth works, but not sideways. When going sideways, I hear the "clicking" sound that would otherwise sound when choosing item quantity or moving around in a menu.

I play with a PowerA Enhanced gamepad (it is XB1 compatible) on PC-EU in gamepad mode. Turning off all addons does not resolve the issue.[/quote]

Just tested this on a couple of different characters by doing daily writs,and the joystick bug only occured when using the multicraft feature,so at least the bug can be mostly avoided by not using any of the mutli-craft features until the fix is applied.

Yay Gina. B)

• Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭

I'm using a PS4 controller on PCNA. Mine is just plugged in via USB cable with no outside programs to run it.

My problem is mostly limited to crafting stations but it does rear its ugly head other places from time to time.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is exarcebated after this week's maintenance. In the past it happened rarely, now at every session, left joystic (I'm using PS4 controller and tried different ones as well) is responding in a staggered manner, and a click sound is heard, making character movement, or browsing maps, etc. impossible. Please let us know you' are looking into this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Jaimeh on November 7, 2019 5:30PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, any update on this? Just as I'm preparing to go into a trial, both the D-pad and left joystick stop working.

Xbox pro controller, wired, no outside program, only ESO gamepadui.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This should be fixed with Monday's patch!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post