The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO and MacOS Catalina

• Greenleaf27
    Greenleaf27
    ✭✭
    I have played ESO from launch with not many problems on my old imac and on my new imac (2017) up until about 8 months ago except for the delayed shut down, now its nothing but spinning toons, unexpected crashes and the distinct possibility of not being able play the game when Catalina goes live. Whether or not ZOS is/ isn't going to support the MAC client in the future seems irrelevant because although they say they are supporting it at the moment and they plan on releasing a new launcher for Catalina they do not respond to tickets except to quote workarounds rather than how they will put it right ( which we all know anyway) and they are not communicating about the planned new launcher... leaving Mac users in the dark and leading to constant speculation as above, which they could prevent but don't seem so inclined, so I don't really think you can say they are "supporting" it now!

Other companies like Blizzard are not perfect but don't have these difficulties, I have started playing classic but I still want to play ESO because it is a great game ( would be easier if it wasn't and I could just flounce off into the sunset!!) so rather than being beholden to the will they won't they scenario, I have not bought a windows PC but I have partitioned my hard drive and loaded windows on it just to play ESO, it will stay like that until I get some definite indication that ZOS give a hoot about MAC users........ methinks it could be quite a wait.

Look forward to hearing from you ZOS

cc @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Greenleaf27 on September 14, 2019 6:19PM
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering I'm running on a late 2013 Model 21.5" and I'm not even technically supported and I'm running just fine, I will continue to not be overly concerned about this. :shrug: Sitting there and crying "the sky is falling" and spreading messages of impending doom for Mac Client does no one any good at all. Should we be concerned about their continued delay in things like the 64-bit launcher? Of course. To jump to any other conclusions does nothing but get ZOS' mailbox flooded with freak outs rather than actual information and feedback.

NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • morwynne
    morwynne
    ✭✭
    Well I'll hate to stop giving Zenimax money, but thats exactly what's going to happen when Catalina comes out and there's no update for the Launcher. :). Apple web says it will be out some time in Oct.
    Happily playing for 5 years on both a Late 2013 27" iMac and a 16" 2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Well the latest rumors announce Catalina for next week.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    karpok wrote: »
    That information originated at Apple' website btw so it may be more than just a rumour.

• morwynne
    morwynne
    ✭✭
    That information originated at Apple' website btw so it may be more than just a rumour.

Oh, where on the Apple Site? The Catalina page still just says Available in October https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina/
    Happily playing for 5 years on both a Late 2013 27" iMac and a 16" 2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    It was a glitch on the Danish Apple site, referring to the release of Apple Arcade on the Mac on 10-4, which is a weird date since it is a Friday. The reference has been deleted in the meantime, but we will see an October release of Catalina.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    morwynne wrote: »

Oh, where on the Apple Site? The Catalina page still just says Available in October https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina/
    As Carmina said. Also it could be glitch as 4 refers there to: "Apple Arcade and Apple TV+ require a subscription. Apple Arcade is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV and will be available on Mac this fall."

Edited by alterfenixeb17_ESO on September 30, 2019 7:20PM
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we're getting to it. Catalina GM has been released yesterday. So unless a late bugs appear it should be out in a few days now
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    If can be helpful: I am currently beta testing Catalina and I was able to run the game. The launcher doesn't work because it's still 32 bit. I was able to run and play the game copying the entire folder Zenimax Online from another Mac and opening directly ESO by the path Zenimax Online>The Elder Scrolls Online > game_mac > pubplayerclient. Unfortunately it is a 2018 Mac mini and as you know doesn't have a graphic card, so wasn't smooth to play, but still playable.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    raffaeleg wrote: »
    If can be helpful: I am currently beta testing Catalina and I was able to run the game. The launcher doesn't work because it's still 32 bit. I was able to run and play the game copying the entire folder Zenimax Online from another Mac and opening directly ESO by the path Zenimax Online>The Elder Scrolls Online > game_mac > pubplayerclient. Unfortunately it is a 2018 Mac mini and as you know doesn't have a graphic card, so wasn't smooth to play, but still playable.
    If you can afford then you can get some eGPU (best to avoid Blackmagic from Apple Store as it's way overpriced) and get easily some decent performance here.

Also keep in mind that as much game itself works it will stop after next patch maintenance after Catalina install. Most people will not install it together with Mojave.
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    If you can afford then you can get some eGPU (best to avoid Blackmagic from Apple Store as it's way overpriced) and get easily some decent performance here.

Also keep in mind that as much game itself works it will stop after next patch maintenance after Catalina install. Most people will not install it together with Mojave.
    Of course you have right, I know, what I did was just an experiment, the game won't update because launcher is not working and I can't swap 200 gigs of files every week between my Macs after each update. The eGPU is not in my plans yet, I have an iMac Pro with Mojave for playing ESO.

I'm just surprised there's no 64 bit launcher yet, it's been 2 years (High Sierra and Mojave new operating Systems) Apple is warning about the end of 32 bit compatibility
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    The game runs. A guildie actually downloaded the game on his Mac, and uploaded the whole 76GB to Google Drive, where I downloaded it from. That works. Which was clear before.

Btw I do have two eGPUs, a Sonnet Puck (which is a Radeon 570) and a Vega 64. Both work fine with ESO.

But yeah... ZOS sucks :) No money for them.

C.
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    macOS Catalina is released today
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Of course you have right, I know, what I did was just an experiment, the game won't update because launcher is not working and I can't swap 200 gigs of files every week between my Macs after each update. The eGPU is not in my plans yet, I have an iMac Pro with Mojave for playing ESO.

I'm just surprised there's no 64 bit launcher yet, it's been 2 years (High Sierra and Mojave new operating Systems) Apple is warning about the end of 32 bit compatibility
    Well, I suppose in two days maintenance of the last chance then:-)
    Edited by alterfenixeb17_ESO on October 7, 2019 6:11PM
  • morwynne
    morwynne
    ✭✭
    Catalina went live today. Is the launcher upgraded to 64 bit yet? You only had since High Sierra came out and told you this was going to happen a couple years ago to get it updated. :|
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    And beware of automatic upgrade. You may end up with Catalina earlier than you thought
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted an update on this in a new thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496736/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Gina, and you wrote "we discovered during Beta..:" People here in this thread were saying so for MONTHS. This shows effectively how much you read what people write here. Zilch.

Great ZOS support. Absolutely outstanding.

C.
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to install the Game throw Steam ?
    I have done a clean install of Catalina so i have no old Eso folder.
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    rluke wrote: »
    Is it possible to install the Game throw Steam ?
    I have done a clean install of Catalina so i have no old Eso folder.
    Nope
  • boramil
    boramil
    ✭✭
    The launcher is now 64-bit as of the maintenance that was done this morning (October 9th):

9cqy02gwuweh.jpg
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    boramil wrote: »
    The launcher is now 64-bit as of the maintenance that was done this morning (October 9th):

9cqy02gwuweh.jpg

Nice, bora. Upload it to Google Drive then, so people who have Catalina can also use it...

C.
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »
    boramil wrote: »

9cqy02gwuweh.jpg

Nice, bora. Upload it to Google Drive then, so people who have Catalina can also use it...

C.

Yes please !

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cos you can't actually download the game from ZOS as the setup exe is still InstallAnywhere 2015 Installer

#TotalFailZOS
  • Qanubis
    Qanubis
    ✭✭✭
    Was it ever uploaded to google drive?
    Contact me for a free consultation!

www.prmpodcastproductions.com
    Edit: I've removed the hack since ZOS has the new launcher available for download.
    Edited by smacx250 on October 9, 2019 8:47PM
  • Slackalope
    Slackalope
    ✭✭
    Redownload of the entire game seemed to work. Launcher comes up but...

game still launches with a white screen unless I delete UserSettings.txt from /documents/elder scrolls online/live and go through accepting the EULA's and redoing region choices, etc...

Every time I launch the game.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As some of you have noticed, we were able to roll out the updated ESO patcher for Catalina this afternoon. If you have not yet updated to Catalina, simply launch the ESO patcher and it will update on its own; you can then update to Catalina without impacting your ability to play ESO.

If you have already updated to Catalina, you'll need to delete the existing ESO patcher and reinstall it. Please visit this page for the exact steps to reinstall the latest patcher.

As for the white screen issue called out, we are aware of that and are working on getting it fixed. As someone else called out, you can try deleting the UserSettings as a temporary workaround. We know this isn't ideal, though, and are working to get it fixed as quickly as possible.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post