The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Is the Stibbons storyline and character blatantly sexist towards men

• Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    While in essence what you're saying is true, and there's a definite hint of sexism here (and would surely be an outcry should gender roles be reversed), I don't think this is necessarily the best use of energy/time/a public forum.

I think when an, IMO insignificant, issue like this is highlighted and debated, they tend to mitigate situations that actually warrant attention.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    I cant help but wonder if she was a male and he was female if the answers here might be different.

Probably would be. Still, get over it and enjoy the 90,000 things that make life easier because you’re simply born a guy.
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think it's sexist. Part of the humour is in the reversal of the gender stereotypes.

I do think if the genders were reversed (male Laurant and female Stibbons) there would be
    regular threads about it being demeaning to women. Make of that what you will.
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think you just made Gary Walsh feel bad.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The internet was a mistake.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Grow up.

This is a really unnecessary comment and adds nothing to the thread other then insight into the fact you may be unwilling to step past some level of cognitive dissonance about the subject topic.

I have a feeling if the title "woman-servant" was being used you would associate criticism of it with intellectual maturity.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've locked this thread to prevent further spiraling due to its non-constructive and baiting nature.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.