The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necromancer Unplayable Issue Cant Sprint/Mount

Kilavkid
Kilavkid
I have an Issue With My New Necromancer That is level 40, I was Originally Locked for a day so I repaired and reinstalled but didn't fix it because the character was unlocked for me by customer support but I still Have the Issues.
Issues Listed:
Can't Not Sprint/Mount/Use Mementos
When I block it puts the block sign in-front of my character at all times however I am still Able to attack
Buff Animations do now show up but there effects do
When I use ability Like "Bone Goliath" I turn into a 12ft Orc and I stays that way until I re log or teleport, Not sure if client-side.
Sometimes I am unable to Switch Weapons entirely

I listed A Video Here Showcasing My Issues Sorry About watermark or Poor Quality downloaded Last minute before work so I could hopefully get some help fixing.

I also Disabled All Addons so none of those are causing the problem..
Really hope there is a fix because I spent a decent amount of crowns on this character and I very much enjoy necromancer but this makes the game somewhat unplayable for me atm

Also if anyone else is having this issue let me know because I couldn't find anyone with similar issues

https://youtu.be/WUGyEvP5wP0
Edited by Kilavkid on May 23, 2019 7:30AM
DC Dirty Stamina DPS Two-Hander Main
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kilavkid

Have you started a new support ticket specifically for these issues?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kilavkid
    Kilavkid
    I had an existing support ticket for the issue as well as my character being locked but I made a new ticket specifically for this issue #190523-005052

Also I swapped to other characters and the issue only persists on the necromancer all my other characters play normal without issues
    Edited by Kilavkid on May 23, 2019 9:29PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kilavkid

From your support ticket #190523-005052, it looks like your character dying was able to resolve the issue. If it starts happening again please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheArsenal
    TheArsenal
    ✭✭
    Kilavkid wrote: »
    When I block it puts the block sign in-front of my character at all times however I am still Able to attack

Having these same issues except occasionally get stuck in the block animation as well as the persistent symbol. To top it off the stuck block is being treated as an "active necro skill" or whatever you want to call it (NPCs attack me, comment on "filthy magic", I end up with a murder charge, etc.). I'll open a ticket but wanted to note this is not a one off bug.

Edited by TheArsenal on June 11, 2019 1:32AM
  • Kilavkid
    Kilavkid
    TheArsenal wrote: »

Having these same issues except occasionally get stuck in the block animation as well as the persistent symbol. To top it off the stuck block is being treated as an "active necro skill" or whatever you want to call it (NPCs attack me, comment on "filthy magic", I end up with a murder charge, etc.). I'll open a ticket but wanted to note this is not a one off bug.

Had same issues as you block animation always got stuck, just go get a random enemy to kill u it fixes its some sort of combat glitch
  • Abracazap
    Abracazap
    Soul Shriven
    Having all the issues detailed in previous posts on my level 29 StamCro; character is unplayable as it stands. I'll try the suicide fix and see what happens. If I continue to have issues, I'll submit a ticket to support.
  • icecb16_ESO
    icecb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    These bugs have just started affecting me too. Necro player too.

First I had the block issue, where the animation would be in a blocked state, even though my stamina was recovering. Also the block shield would keep on too.

When I got outside of a dungeon I found I couldnt mount, though my friend said I was mounted. From my perspective I was walking, and couldnt sprint.

When I logged off and back on again my character got on the mount automatically. So I held shift to sprint and it wouldnt sprint.

This is the first time I've experienced this bug. It wasnt in the pre-order release on the pts server.
    Edited by icecb16_ESO on June 11, 2019 9:06PM
  • Kilavkid
    Kilavkid
    I fixed it by dying once I ended up getting killed by a guard when I was about to delete character all the issues fixed it for me
  • icecb16_ESO
    icecb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    I fixed it by dying once I ended up getting killed by a guard when I was about to delete character all the issues fixed it for me

I logged on this morning and the bugs were happening again. So I did what you said and got myself killed. After that it fixed the issues, so thanks for the tip! :)
  • Kilavkid
    Kilavkid

I logged on this morning and the bugs were happening again. So I did what you said and got myself killed. After that it fixed the issues, so thanks for the tip! :)

Glad to help
  • wolfgirlb14_ESO
    wolfgirlb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was having some of the same problems with my Necromancer that just started today. She wouldn't crouch either. I tried getting my character killed after reading this thread and it fixed the issue but only temporarily. After awhile the problem came back again and I had to get my character killed again to fix it. I'm beginning to wonder if I am going to keep going through this every time I play this character. When the problem first occurred I submitted a feedback/bug ticket through the game #190612-005570.
    Edited by wolfgirlb14_ESO on June 13, 2019 2:40AM
  • icecb16_ESO
    icecb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    It happened to me again today. I was in a dungeon and didnt want to use a soul gem so I was waiting until I got out so I could just teleport to a wayshrine after death.

I noticed that the Grave Lord skill - Skeletal archer - stopped working too. This suggests its something going wrong with the spawning of items i.e. a spawn issue with peoples mounts, and the game gets confused and thinks we're on the mount when we're not.
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Comes back again and again.
    Now I even cannot use certain quest items from the inventory (like when it says "use rune of summoning - press E"). Stuck in two quests.

Got a response to my ticket to try /stuck ... did not help but of course cost gold.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have this issue on a Stamina Necro as well.

Character is holding block even though I’m not.

Can’t sprint. Can’t Mount. Can’t bar swap.

You can let some trash kill you, but the annoying character block still remains.
    Edited by Tan9oSuccka on June 21, 2019 6:34AM
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Kersa
    Kersa
    Soul Shriven
    For anyone still having an issue with this in which dying nor porting to wayshrine helps for more than 15 minutes. After doing dungeons, delves and general questing this seemed to work for the past 5 days.

-Went to Wayrest, took a swim and got ate by slaughter fish.
    -Respawned at local shrine.
    -Went to the temple place to reset attributes and skills.
    -Reset attributes
    -Reset skills by subtracting them all.
    -Logged out.
    -Logged back in to pick my attributes and skills.
    -Setup normal tank stuff with attributes being heavy in health.
    -I left out Bone Goliath in my ultimate as that seemed to really mess things up.
    -Continued on prancing about like I had no care in the world and so far no repeating issues!