Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

I forgot the secret question on the site, what to do, the game was bought by the incentive (

Ckiliton
Ckiliton
Soul Shriven
I forgot the secret question on the site, what to do, the game was bought by the incentive (and basically all of the DLS and the subscription is also bought from the incentive. What should I do as to restore if I forgot the secret word (
  • Sarting
    Sarting
    ✭✭
    Create a support ticket. They will ask you information to verify who you are, but once verified, they will reset it for you.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Secret questions are one of the worst FAIL in security. Either you pick one that makes sense and you answer truthfully, and anyone who knows you or can do some research can bypass it, or you make something up, and you have a good chance to forget it unless you write it down. And I don't need to explain that writing it down is a bad idea, right ?

Still, if you're using a private computer at home and trust your household, writing it down might be a good idea. Store it safely, and the risk is slim. Don't do that for "important" stuff like bank accounts and whatnot, though. You never know when someone might break into your house.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ckiliton

If you have trouble opening a ticket through the customer support portal here, you can also use the account recovery form for help with your secret question.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post