Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Error 500 on one of our two accounts

Uryel
Uryel
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello there,

My wife can't access her account page, she gets "error 500 - page cannot be found". I don't, mine is working like a charm. So we did some testing before submiting a support ticket.

On my computer, my account works fine, she gets error 500.
On her computer, my account works fine, she gets error 500.
On her phone (same service provider as our home ISP), my account works fine, she gets error 500.
On my phone (which uses another service provider), my account works fine, she gets error 500.

On both computers, my account works fine using either Vivaldi, Edge or Opera.
On both computers, using either Vivaldi, Edge or Opera, she gets error 500.

Should be pretty obvious by now that the problem isn't with our hardware, right ? I mean, if it were a problem of antivirus, anti-popup, browser, whatever, it would affect both accounts, not just hers. Still we went through the basics : deleting temporary files, making sure there was no "agressive" addon that would block things... As none of us actually use Edge, it's barebone and uses default settings, so at the very least Edge should have worked if that sort of thing was the issue.

So, she contacted the support, explaining what the problem was, and how I didn't have the problem on either of our computers. Basically, she gave them as many details as she could, which is most of the above.

Support answer was useless. Complete, utter bullshite.

Basically, they advised us to try all of the above, plus "try another ISP". What do I do then, knock on my neighbour's door to see if one of them is not using the optic fiber we all have access to from ONE provider, and ask them to use their stuff ? Seriously ?

Apparently, they didn't even read the message before answering. They also mentinoned that, if the client runs bad, we can use the diagnostic thingie bla bla bla. What the heck ? There was no mention about any game client issue whatsoever, it works properly and was never mentionned in the support request to start with, so how is that even relevant ?

Let me clarify something : I used to work tech support. Sure, it was over a decade ago, so I'm not up to date with modern issues, but if I had done such a lousy job, I would have been fired on the spot. When the customer specifically explains all the testing they have done, which in turn prove that the issue can NOT be related to their hardware, you don't ask them to run the same testing to rule out their hardware. It's done already, deal with it. If support level 1 can't handle it, transfer it to support level 2 and the people who actually can do more than just copy-paste basic procedures. Seriously, such an inadequate answer makes me question whether there was a human involved in the process. Is ZOS using a chatbot that picks the seemingly "best" procedure according to a few keywords ?

Whatever the reason, I'm taking over. Not because my lady isn't skilled enough or anything (although my english is slightly better), but because, due to my past work history, I have a modicum of patience in dealing with dubious support. She would fus-ro-dah the heck out of anyone who would ask her to delete her temp files or use a different browser again.

Also, those are seriously weird business practices. Considering the amount of new cash grabs this company invents, like calling a DLC a "chapter" so that they can market it outside of ESO+, one would think that they would be more interested in making sure people can actually spend their money. Generally speaking, any business that doesn't let their customer spend money on their products is... Peculiar. And yet here I am, trying to get answers for something as basic as "if I can't access my account, I can't purchase Elseweyr, and no, using a different web browser won't fix the issue".

So now, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_BillE , what do we do ?
Edited by Uryel on May 9, 2019 8:49AM
  • Windir1985
    Since I found this thread, I'll also use it :) I also have the same problem.

Since about 1,5 weeks, I get an error 500 when I log into my account on the internet.

Playing works fine, I play through Steam.

I tried logging in on three different computers on two different networks/ISPs with two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) and none did work for me. My boyfriend, however is able to log into his account every time.
    I wanted to send a support ticket but after clicking the ticket button and typing my credentials, nothing happens. This also happened on every machine, network, browser and account.

So I am out of options. Can you have a look into this?
    Edited by Windir1985 on May 9, 2019 11:18AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Uryel - Do you have a support ticket number so I can take a look into what happened?

@Windir1985 - If you can't open a ticket through our support portal, try using our account recovery form to do so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE : 190430-001328. At least that's what appears at the top of the mail she received. Ticket was initially opened in french language and the answer was made by someone named "Arnaud".

Ticket is likely closed, though, she was out of town for a few days and couldn't reply. And she's gonna be out of town and likely unable to reply the whole of next week too.

Thank you for looking into it.

@Windir1985 : Before you try something extreme, try using Edge to log into your support account. The support website is bugged AF, and this specific bug has been around for a while now. I think I personnaly encountered it about a year ago. Using either Vivaldi or Opera, I couldn't log in either. When clicking or pressing enter to validate credentials, nothing happens. It's like the "OK" button isn't linked to any code whatsoever.

However, when using Edge (or internet explorer if you are on an older system), the button DOES work. Looks like the code for the page isn't standard, or that some settings in most web browers will block it from running if you changed something like "no popup please", "do not track me" or maybe just if you have an add blocker... Can't say for sure, it's not my job, so I haven't done any extensive testing. One sure thing is, a default setting Edge let me login to support account when a custom Vivaldi or Opera wouldn't.

Good luck, mate.
    Edited by Uryel on May 10, 2019 8:32AM
  • Windir1985
    @Uryel Thanks for that tip :) . Using Edge really did work for me and I was able to send a ticket to the support. Let's hope for the best. And I also wish you good luck that they resolve your issue as well.
    Edit: I received the same useless answer as you did :(
    Edited by Windir1985 on May 11, 2019 2:37AM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to be of service :)

Yeah, no wonder you did. I'm pretty sure there is no human involved in the process until you actually reply to that useless message...
  • Windir1985
    I am getting the same impression. The second mail was way better and did ask some useful questions. But the third was an utter desaster and wanted to help me to get into the game.... :/
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, mate. Still no news here, but hey, it's the week end. I expect an answer monday, on my wife's email, when she'll be out of town and won't be able to answer...

Oh well, if I'm being fair, there is at least one good thing to be said : even if she will only be able to reply to a mail several days later, the ticket will be reopened (did that recently, and the support was very helpfull with my issue), so it is merely a delay. Hopefully, the reply will be useful.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Uryel

Please check your inbox as we have sent you a message about your ticket #190430-001328.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked. Thanks for you help. Will update the issue if needed.