The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skills not leveling

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
How can I fix this? I have logged out and even did a test connection if that even helps, but my restoration staff just wont level up it's at level 49, how do I fix this?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @regime211

If your restoration staff is not leveling up as you kill enemies, make sure you have the restoration staffs weapon bar selected when killing enemies. You can also try swapping to a different weapon, then back to your restoration staff and see if the progress bar will update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @regime211

If your restoration staff is not leveling up as you kill enemies, make sure you have the restoration staffs weapon bar selected when killing enemies. You can also try swapping to a different weapon, then back to your restoration staff and see if the progress bar will update.

Thank you, I will try these two things I know I have killed people and things on my resto bar with no leveling gained.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try finishing a quest with your resto staff bar selected. The large amount of XP from a quest should be noticeable on the bar, much more so than a few kills.

Also, not sure how that works, but I've noticed some skills (not whole skill lines, though), sometimes, will have no apparent progression. It's an UI bug, they do gain XP, but the visual indication doesn't change. It updates when the skill gains a rank, or at next connexion.
  • extchickenman
    I made a necro healer 2 weeks ago and I am having the same problems. Some skills are leveling fine, while others have been sitting at level 1 morph 1....and I'm talking the 1st and 2nd skills in the skill line...so they should be leveling up much faster as opposed to not at all. The skill lines are leveling fine. I really don't know what to do.