The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

-Complete-

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden - Stamina
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Looking at votes is interesting. A lot of longtime players chose magblade.

Makes me wonder if I’m missing something, or if people are voting strategically to give every class some votes. You know, to try and stem salty forum tears bringing up this thread later when asking for dumb nerfs.

NB had (has?) an incredibly high skill ceiling, so most view it as bad while experienced players have other expectations

I’ve found the opposite. New players don’t spec for enough survivability and find them strong because they’re vulnerable to ganking.

Experienced players have enough survivability so the gank doesn’t work, and after that there isn’t much a ganking NB can do against you, so they go off looking for a squishier target.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 25, 2019 11:47PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden - Stamina
    Accidentally voted stamden, when I meant to vote for magsorc.

Top 3 strongest:

1. Necro
    2. PetSorc
    3. Stamden

Top 3 weakest:

1. StamSorc
    2. StamDK
    3. Maybe Magplar

Reason I'm listing StamSorc and StamDK is because some weapons skills are little bugged right now (Cleave, Whirling Blades) and will definitely get the nerf once ZOS realizes it. So after they nerf them, that will be the list of weakest classes.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Magicka

A lot? There were only 3 votes on magblade and mine was trolling. Because magblade needs help.

Or did you mean votes in other topics?
    Edited by Knootewoot on April 26, 2019 6:57AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Stamina
    Kajjiiiiiiits StamNBs with bow/bow hawk eye+marksman playing on AD side near fare
    Edited by LoreToo on April 26, 2019 7:16AM
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    A lot? There were only 3 votes on magblade and mine was trolling. Because magblade needs help.

the only reason magblades die is because they are impatient.

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    Magsorc for sure.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka

What are you talking about? Magblade has literally 3 votes....

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Stamina
    Y'all are delusional. I hope no actual Magicka Sorcs fall for this poll, because you will be disappointed.

Magicka Sorcs will indeed be in better shape soon, I'll concede that. But there are all kinds of changes happening that are bound to create new metas for other classes. Nightblades will benefit the most, like they always do.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    Imagine being a sorc main and thinking magsorc is weak in PvP
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Stamina
    For me, a tie between stamblade and very specifically petsorcs. Aka the buttholes who hide behind their pets.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden - Stamina
    Knootewoot wrote: »

I meant the people who did choose magNB are all forum accounts from 2014, like yourself.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar - Magicka
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Well since Nightblades getting nerfed next patch its probably between Stam DK and Stam Warden

I don’t think they’re even in contention unless it’s a vote for weakest pvp class. I wouldn’t expect to see a vote for stamblade unless pvers vote.

I’d say between stamwarden and magsorc.

and ofc they do^^
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    Y'all are delusional. I hope no actual Magicka Sorcs fall for this poll, because you will be disappointed.

Magicka Sorcs will indeed be in better shape soon, I'll concede that. But there are all kinds of changes happening that are bound to create new metas for other classes. Nightblades will benefit the most, like they always do.
    Ah I wondered when you'd post in this thread with the poll result being the way it is. Glad I wasn't disappointed.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden - Stamina

I'm curious why you think Magicka Sorcs will be "in better shape" soon.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden - Stamina
    Maybe RAT? It’ll help Templars and Magblades more.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    Shield stack x 3 Sorcerer. Huge survability, mobility and damage.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka

Why would a magicka sorc fall for this? Everyone who plays a magsorc knows how broken they are. Anyone who doesn't should know better after looking at this thread.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Stamina
    katorga wrote: »

I'm curious why you think Magicka Sorcs will be "in better shape" soon.

1) Shield Breaker nerf and the DK Wings change are huge fixes for Sorcs, way overdue.

2) Finally a Magicka version of Draugr Hulk. This is a win for Sorcs.

3) Daedric Prey will supposedly auto-focus your pets on the target. This is subtle, but very powerful in the right hands :wink:

4) Certain blue foods/drinks that are useful to Mag Sorcs are getting buffed and will make the gold/purple nerfs irrelevant.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should write "petsorc" not "magsorc" in the poll 🙈
    Edited by MirkoZ on April 27, 2019 7:58AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    MirkoZ wrote: »
    You should write "petsorc" not "magsorc" in the poll 🙈

Not really. A magsorc with 3 shields is just as broken as a pet sorc. In fact in no cp you're better off without the pets.

I guess you could be a pet sorc with 3 shields but you won't kill anyone.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Stamina
    It's a three-way tie with magsorc, stamblade, and stam warden for me.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    petsorcs are such a pain to fight....

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    Mag sorc for sure followed by the annoying StamNB

the big question is...who will come out as king/queen after the new patch goes live?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden - Stamina
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

the big question is...who will come out as king/queen after the new patch goes live?

Good question. My guess, magsorc or MagTemplar (excluding necro).
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka

Magplar? What makes you think so? Total Dark got nerfed by 25%. That's a massive nerf, and total dark was one of the few things keeping magplars relevant.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden - Stamina
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Magplar? What makes you think so? Total Dark got nerfed by 25%. That's a massive nerf, and total dark was one of the few things keeping magplars relevant.

Just a hunch. Magplars have been trapped in a downward mobility cycle... if you know what I mean. Can’t kite and stay mobile so they have to try and face tank people, so they went to S&B and really tanky to survive, but even then really vulnerable to being rooted and permafrost. So they went even more tanky and lack pen to do damage. Added vampire for mist form making them really vulnerable to fire damage (on any other class you’re crazy for being a vampire).

RAT will help them immensely. Drop vampire, use a lightning staff, steed mundus and 3x swift. Basicly walk out of melee range and force stam to sprint or use gap closers to catch you (and a lot of stam don’t slot gap closers). Ritual will force melee to forward momentum constantly for any chance at landing a melee attack.

If aoe becomes the name of the game in pvp magplar is the best magicka class for aoe.

Just a hunch, I could be completely wrong, but I’m definitely going to try it. They will benefit from the changes a lot, but I think they’re weak right now so it has to be enough to catch up and surpass other classes.

Total Dark’s nice as a healer to do damage, but aoe is better in pvp. For pvp I’d call the shards buff at the expense of total dark a large buff.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 27, 2019 1:36PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for baiting and flaming, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    1. Petsorc
    2. Heavy armor stamnb
    3. Heavy armor stamdk
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer - Magicka
    Lol good thing they gutted stamblades right? Clearly they were overperforming :lol:

Next update it's going to look like this btw

1. Stam Necro
    2. Mag Sorc
    3. Mag Necro
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Lol good thing they gutted stamblades right? Clearly they were overperforming :lol:

Next update it's going to look like this btw

1. Stam Necro
    2. Mag Sorc
    3. Mag Necro

This poll was started after the massive nerfs that were announced though. Last poll like this stamNB was at the top with stamden. It's the overnerfed stamNB that ppl didnt choose to vote for.

Personally would have just removed the Major Fracture from SA and the 20% dmg buff from incap and called it a day for now. Doesn't make any sense that Wardens get minor berserk while NB's lose it. And for the record I'm not a huge fan of Wardens or NBs and have at least 2 of every class. Magsorc is strong but it's the Matriarch that is pushing it over the top in some cases.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP