The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild mail limit? Can I be banned for spam?

GarnetFire17
GarnetFire17
✭✭✭✭
PC NA trade guild leader here. Yesterday I sent a weekly guild mail to all 495 members. Then I sent a mail meant for about 16 people but because of a mishap with an addon it was sent to many more guild members possibly the entire guild. Now i need to send another guild mail to the entire guild to get people to disregard the previous mail unless they are one of the 16 intended people so they stop mail me about it and paying gold to the guild they don't need to pay. I put a message on the MOTD and in discord but not everyone looks there. I was told that if i send more than 150 mails in a week that an automate system would instaban me for spam. Is that true or am I okay send the guild mail?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope that addon allowing for mass mailings to us guild members is removed.
    i hate getting those emails and messages ingame from guild leaders especially from the trade guilds we are forced to join in order to make money and sell our items ingame.
    in order for us to get good gold and sell our items we have no choice but to join the trade guilds, if we go to other methods then we simply get penny change and unable make fair and good gold.
    and knowing this we get spammed by those guild leaders with the types of mail letter you speak about here, and my response to this is that i hope and pray those types of addons that allow for me to be spammed like that are removed from eso and no new ones allowed to be created.

oh, and that also includes having to look at every single few hours that the guild leaders change or edit the page guild notes as well.
    these constant spams are simply very annoying.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 26, 2019 8:20PM
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i hope that addon allowing for mass mailings to us guild members is removed.
    i hate getting those emails and messages ingame from guild leaders especially from the trade guilds we are forced to join in order to make money and sell our items ingame.
    in order for us to get good gold and sell our items we have no choice but to join the trade guilds, if we go to other methods then we simply get penny change and unable make fair and good gold.
    and knowing this we get spammed by those guild leaders with the types of mail letter you speak about here, and my response to this is that i hope and pray those types of addons that allow for me to be spammed like that are removed from eso and no new ones allowed to be created.

oh, and that also includes having to look at every single few hours that the guild leaders change or edit the page guild notes as well.
    these constant spams are simply very annoying.
    I am just trying to get help from Zenimax in the help forum. Not looking to argue about trade guilds.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    It is possible for actions like sending mass in-game mails to trigger some restrictive measures put in place for mail spammers. We cannot go into detail on what the mail limit is and what would trigger a response.

Each case that would trigger a response is reviewed in order to quickly correct any potential false positives. If you believe your account has been disciplined due to activities that do not violate our Terms of Service, you can submit an appeal so that our Support Team can investigate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post