Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to connect NA server

Darthbell
Darthbell
✭✭✭
I've hard booted and still cannot connect. I was able to get to the character screen once but then it loads for so long I get an error saying I was disconnected due to inactivity. Xbox is working and other games load fine.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Earlier both the NA and EU Xbox One Megaservers were down for maintenance. This maintenance has since been completed. Please let us know if you are still having issues connecting to the NA server.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Darthbell
    Darthbell
    ✭✭✭
    Still having problems getting into ESO on Xbox NA. Your Q&A says to change to the European server but I don't have any characters on that server and at no point was I on during maintenance so that is not a helpful response. Error 308 lost connection due to inactivity. This is today at the time of the posting so if you wait to reply until there is another maintenance shut down I want to point out that I am not trying to log on during a server shutdown.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are away from the game for a certain amount of time, the server will disconnect you automatically usually with Error 308. You may want to check your connection for any ongoing issues.

How to Check your Xbox Network Connection
    Staff Post
  • Darthbell
    Darthbell
    ✭✭✭
    Are you being intentionally difficult? I try to load the game. Before I get the character selection screen I get the message: "This may be an unusually long load time" several times then after about 3 minutes of this I get put back to the main page with the 308 error. I have reviewed my connection and tested it. I am on a hard line not WIFI and have an open NAT with no connection troubles whatsoever. To further ensure I am not misunderstanding the test response that I have a solid connection I load other games without any issues whatsoever. Then I go back to ESO and get the exact same problem. Usually after about 5-7 tries I get to the character selection screen and can then play the game. I am not away from the game for any time whatsoever as I have plainly stated I am trying to load the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Darthbell

We are not trying to be difficult as connection issues like the one your experiencing can have a variety of causes. While you may not have issues in other games, the behavior you've described indicates an issue with your connection leading to login errors on your first few login attempts. The next steps you can take are making sure the correct ports for ESO are open and clearing the Mac address on your Xbox.

The ports for ESO are as follows:
    • UDP Port 88
    • UDP Ports 12000 through 32000
    • UDP Port 6250
    • UDP Port 5060
    • UDP Port 5062
    • UDP Port 3478 through 3479
    • UDP and TCP Port 3074
    • UDP and TCP Port 53
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

You can clear the Mac Address on your console by following the steps below:
    1. Press Start at the main Xbox One menu.
    2. Navigate to Settings.
    3. Select Network Settings, Advanced Settings, Alternative Mac Address, and finally Clear.
    4. Restart and shut down the Xbox One. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the console and wait two minutes.
    5. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from white to orange.
    6. When the light switches to orange, reboot the console and try the game again.

If these do not work, you can seek additional help through customer support.
    Staff Post