Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Delve into the Undaunted Celebration Event & Earn Bonus Rewards"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Delve into the Undaunted Celebration Event & Earn Bonus Rewards. The Undaunted Celebration Event kicks off on Thursday, November 29 at 10:00AM EST and will run until Wednesday, December 5 at 10:00AM EST. During the event period, you can complete a random dungeon using the Dungeon Finder (Normal or Veteran) to earn Mysterious Reward Boxes, with a max of one box rewarded per character per day. Learn everything you need to know to get started, including how to earn more Event Tickets, in this article.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any difference between normal and vet when it comes to the reward boxes? Does vet increase your chances at the rare rewards? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC/EU DC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is there any difference between normal and vet when it comes to the reward boxes? Does vet increase your chances at the rare rewards? @ZOS_GinaBruno

No, the difficulty doesn't matter. You'll get Reward Boxes regardless of the difficulty you choose.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, the difficulty doesn't matter. You'll get Reward Boxes regardless of the difficulty you choose.

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying!
    PC/EU DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the detailed information that Event Tickets reset everyday at 1:00 AM EST and Mysterious Reward Boxes reset with the Daily Random Dungeon every 20 hrs.

This is a big improvement over the communication from the Witches Festival! Thank you for learning from those mistakes and making your communication much clearer.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose we have to expect the same issues with Group Finders like last year? A whole game being incapacitated due to poor server performance that can’t handle an event like this? Because even now – without an ongoing event – the group finder still bugs out during prime time in the evenings.

In case you weren’t around last year, here’s proof of the disaster: LINK
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I was hoping to see the list of collectibles you can get from the reward boxes. Last year you mentioned it in the article. Could you clarify please?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the information. I really enjoy this event. :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, I like that the box timer isn't the same as the ticket timer :smiley:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • MKosch04ub17_ESO
    MKosch04ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So if the event ends on December 5th at 10am and the daily reset for tickets is at 1am, I can still earn tickets on the 5th before the event ends?
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if the event ends on December 5th at 10am and the daily reset for tickets is at 1am, I can still earn tickets on the 5th before the event ends?
    I'd assume yes. Which still screws us Oceanics out of 3 tickets if we have regular jobs since the event starts at 1am local time and there is a subsequent rollover at 4pm local (ie, before I get home from work). The logical thing would have been have the start time to match the rollover time.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    But is there a visible timer/countdown on the rewards or do I have to manually keep track of this somehow?
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    But is there a visible timer/countdown on the rewards or do I have to manually keep track of this somehow?

You just check your random Dungeon. When you are eligible for the Bonus xp you are also eligible for a reward box on this toon 😀
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will run 10 toons on NA and a min of 3 on EU
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • NeroVitus
    NeroVitus
    ✭✭
    So, if your character is dead when the boss is defeated, do you not get the box? The rest of the group got a box, I did not since I died just prior to Lord Warden (stupid glowie circle).
  • NeroVitus
    NeroVitus
    ✭✭
    nope that is not it, it looks like you have to have the daily reward refreshed...
  • cdpaladinc0_ESO
    Nothing says fun like a 3 hour dps queue
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about rewarding boxes for completing a pledge, instead of tying it to the dungeon finder that's always been hit & miss?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because some of us dont want to be tied to specific dungeons via pledges. Personnaly i just solo one. Its much faster than finding a group method.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • HayleyGeek
    HayleyGeek
    ✭✭
    Ok I’m not getting a response from anyone the majority of time about this. I have been getting tickets my literally grouping up with a friend and fast travelling to fungal 1. However, on some days we have been unable completely to even get into the game.

We are on EU PC. We have been consistently unable to get into dungeon finder for mysterious boxes due to 3 plus hour long waits. We can’t get into them at all and refuse to wait 20 or so hours to get into one. We have additionally on a few days of this event day and waited hours just to try and login to the game full stop with no luck getting in at all.

I ask this plainly, how do we even get mysterious boxes? We have not had a single one due to crap errors which everyone is already aware of. Yes tomorrow I will be able to retrieve my indrik feather. However, we have not had one single box due to consistent game errors, load screens and/ or latency.

As a long term eso player since launch on PS4 who recently transferred to PC, I’m incredibly frustrated. Especially when this same mess happened last year. I worry about the devs competencies.

It equally seems that there is no updates of an extension of any sort. Therefore the majority won’t even get the indrik feather from the event. Not including the boxes.

How are ZoS resolving this major issue? Ultimately you can either extend it by the amount of days that both dungeon finder was not working and log in was not working including maintenance on Saturday. Or simply offer everyone who was clearly attempting to log on their free box per day via mail and their three tickets that are missing for each day of the event. These are the only reasonable adjustments that can be made. If they are not then you as a company are simply proving your lack of care for your player base. This will result only in your failure as a studio and quick closure due to failing profits and player numbers.

ZoS do the right thing. Can someone also offer me an update on this please? Frankly tired of talking to brick walls now.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the problems with the random dungeon finder you should extend the time for the Undaunted celebration.