The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Client crashes during update

Attifiett
Attifiett
Soul Shriven
Greetings everyone!

I haven't played ESO in a couple of months and yesterday I decided to get back into it. Though, I'm having this issue that won't let me update the client and thus won't let me play. I've never had this issue before.

Basically, as soon as I run ESO's launcher, and it starts updating the game, the launcher freezes completely and after a couple of seconds, a windows error message tells me that "launcher has stopped working":
mb1ak672ohmm.png

My operation system is Windows 7. I recently updated my video drivers. I tried to run the launcher as administrator. I tried to change the compatibility of the launcher, but it still doesn't work. I'm not entirely sure whether repairing the launcher is going to work, as it simply just freezes after a couple of seconds after I run it.

I'm using the x64 bit launcher.

I'd be very glad to fix this and get back to the game. Thanks for reading!
  • darthmaul533ub17_ESO
    same exact thing is happening to me. I've gone through hell and back trying to fix this but nothing has worked.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already an ongoing thread regarding the launcher issues, we are going to close this discussion. We are still looking into this issue and solutions as described here. Please use this thread for any further commentary specific to the launcher issues that started on September 4th.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.