Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Twitch Drops Schedule – September 1-17, 2018"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Twitch Drops Schedule – September 1-17, 2018. Want to know when Twitch Drops for ESO will be active? Check out the latest schedule to see when you’ll have your chance to win.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Twitch Drops Schedule – September 1-17, 2018. Want to know when Twitch Drops for ESO will be active? Check out the latest schedule to see when you’ll have your chance to win.

No hard feelings but who care's they still aren't available for us console player's it's just another thing that divides the player base
    Edited by Jake1576 on September 4, 2018 5:22PM
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

No hard feelings but who care's they aren't still available for us console player's it's just another thing that divides the player base

It's really not that deep.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Community Manager Birthday Celebration, huh... :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Community Team Birthday Celebration: September 16 beginning at 12:00AM EDT

* We’re celebrating the birthdays of ESO Community Managers Gina Bruno and Jessica Folsom with Twitch Drops for everyone!
    Drops will start to go out on September 17 at 11:00AM EDT

Everyone? Or Everyone who plays PC?

Asking for a friend.....

PS. I think the easy way around this is to implement the "log in and kill something" on console during any qualifying stream. If there's a qualifying stream going on somewhere, every hour of the day, then console users should be given the same treatment by being able to earn them through in-game activities. Which, in my opinion, shows a greater commitment to the game, you know... by actually playing it. :trollface:

Edited by Feric51 on September 6, 2018 7:34PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• jwjackson5674
    jwjackson5674
    ✭✭✭
    Drops aren't enabled on twitch, its past 10am EDT
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Refresh and check now?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Refresh and check now?
    They're on now, four of the top five people have drops showing as available.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

No hard feelings but who care's they aren't still available for us console player's it's just another thing that divides the player base

Eliminating part of your community, probably the biggest part as well, isn’t deep ? Lol it’s actually pretty ridiculous to alienate players
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously? We’re now celebrating your birthdays but only PC/Mac is invited?
    This on top of all the things broken for console after the recent wolf hunter update is absolutely ridiculous. Are we just pushing the boundaries now to see what it takes for people to leave a game they love? I hate adding negativity to these forums but it’s like you’re begging us to do so.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eliminating part of your community, probably the biggest part as well, isn’t deep ? Lol it’s actually pretty ridiculous to alienate players

Getting in an uproar over something silly like this IS actually ridiculous. So no, it's not that deep. It's called perspective bud.
  • Crashus
    Crashus
    Soul Shriven
    I wholeheartedly agree with the console players on it being ridiculous that they can't even participate in these events and also want to point out that as a Twitch Streamer, it's in really bad form to give your "Sainted" Stream Team more advantage over other ESO streamers in the weighting of drop chances and other gifts, prizes, etc. In case your not aware...you are alienating the entire Twitch streaming community as it's basically not worth our time to stream ESO anymore. I've been an avid fan of Bethesda for years, but this stuff is just getting way too greedy and you're destroying massive community driven relationships.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting in an uproar over something silly like this IS actually ridiculous. So no, it's not that deep. It's called perspective bud.

Perspective. Which you clearly lack ironically if you’re sitting here trying to tell other people how they should feel. Also know as being narrow minded.

• SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perspective. Which you clearly lack ironically if you’re sitting here trying to tell other people how they should feel. Also know as being narrow minded.

Ha! Dude, I have perspective, if I didn't I wouldn't be disagreeing with your childish outrage. There is something called 'life' outside of an MMORPG. You should look into it sometimes, and then perhaps you won't be so 'narrow minded' over something so petty.
    Edited by SirAxen on September 6, 2018 7:26PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! Dude, I have perspective, if I didn't I wouldn't be disagreeing with your childish outrage. There is something called 'life' outside of an MMORPG. You should look into it sometimes, and then perhaps you won't be so 'narrow minded' over something so petty.

I’m not outraged, I don’t care about the drops (I rarely watch twitch) but I can understand why other people do because I can understand other people’s perspective. Meanwhile you can’t because you lack the emotional intelligence to do so and refer to people as being angry because they don’t share the same narrow minded opinion. You have your own perspective and refuse to see others...that’s the definition of narrow minded.

• SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not outraged, I don’t care about the drops (I rarely watch twitch) but I can understand why other people do because I can understand other people’s perspective. Meanwhile you can’t because you lack the emotional intelligence to do so and refer to people as being angry because they don’t share the same narrow minded opinion. You have your own perspective and refuse to see others...that’s the definition of narrow minded.

Now you're just contradicting yourself. But again, in no universe should a video game cause you so much stress that you have to talk about them like a politician.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭

Now you're just contradicting yourself. But again, in no universe should a video game cause you so much stress that you have to talk about them like a politician.

Other than to make yourself seem superior and judging and telling others how they should feel about something....what do you actually think you’re adding to the discussion here? This is just one of a thousand issues plaguing this game right now and people have spent a lot of time and money on this game. They have every right to feel upset when crap like this is going on.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re missing the point, not like I expected you to get it anyways. You’re a deflect artist, it’s like talking to a wall. Because all you want to do is invalidate everything. You’re on a video game forum acting as if you expect to see happy comments 24/7, that’s not realistic no matter how minuscule it is. The purpose of the forums is to have some sort of social interaction (feedback?) between the devs and players, and players with other players. With those interactions you should expect to see likes and dislikes.

Being excluded is a valid reason to dislike it. And considering past scenarios it’s clear that zos listens to dislikes as well.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re missing the point, not like I expected you to get it anyways. You’re a deflect artist, it’s like talking to a wall. Because all you want to do is invalidate everything. You’re on a video game forum acting as if you expect to see happy comments 24/7, that’s not realistic no matter how minuscule it is. The purpose of the forums is to have some sort of social interaction (feedback?) between the devs and players, and players with other players. With those interactions you should expect to see likes and dislikes.

Being excluded is a valid reason to dislike it. And considering past scenarios it’s clear that zos listens to dislikes as well.

Nope. YOU are missing the point, bud. You're generalizing. My post (originally) was about this specific issue. My discussion with you took us down this path, so quit talking in circles. The POINT, is pick your battles and quit choosing idiotic and childish hills to die upon. You were and ARE acting like something as small as twitch drops is some outrageous community divider. If something that petty divides a community, then I wouldn't want to be a part of said community anyway. THAT, is the point. But please, carry on with your crusade, but quit responding to me as if I'm the conquest here. If you're so outraged, then go PM an employee of ZOS and quit squabbling with me if it's so important to you.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. YOU are missing the point, bud. You're generalizing. My post (originally) was about this specific issue. My discussion with you took us down this path, so quit talking in circles. The POINT, is pick your battles and quit choosing idiotic and childish hills to die upon. You were and ARE acting like something as small as twitch drops is some outrageous community divider. If something that petty divides a community, then I wouldn't want to be a part of said community anyway. THAT, is the point. But please, carry on with your crusade, but quit responding to me as if I'm the conquest here. If you're so outraged, then go PM an employee of ZOS and quit squabbling with me if it's so important to you.

Lol like I said talking to a wall.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....... about those twitch drops....

Sorry. Just trying to get things back on topic. :smiley:
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it limited to one per day?
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    WildWilbur wrote: »

Yes, a chance of one per day.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WildWilbur wrote: »

Yes, a chance of one per day.

That is not much. Why not have a guaranteed drop each day ? Right now it feels like having a chance of a crate with a chance of having a good reward (mount). It is really awful.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on September 7, 2018 3:26PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    So....... about those twitch drops....

Sorry. Just trying to get things back on topic. :smiley:

Someone had too. :)
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    12 am EDT for the birthday celebration? Just checking as that will be 5.00 a.m. in the UK and would like to be sure that that is the correct time if I need to set my alarm for it;)
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are you guys ever going to explain why console players can't partake in this?
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...It's kind of funny that quite a few of those selected for the official "Stream Team" haven't even streamed ESO once during this event (instead streaming WoW, Spiderman, you name it), despite being given codes and such. :p

Y'all need to increase the amount of people in the list who actually like playing the game.

Edited by Lake on September 9, 2018 9:18PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    ...It's kind of funny that quite a few of those selected for the official "Stream Team" haven't even streamed ESO once during this event (instead streaming WoW, Spiderman, you name it), despite being given codes and such. :p

Y'all need to increase the amount of people in the list who actually like playing the game.

I watched one of the Stream Team for a while, but most of the time, I watch people who are not on that team. More ESO, less hype, just play.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just say how grateful I am that the drop requirements were changed to "be in stream at least ten minutes"? It's so much more relaxing to me, to be able to pick a stream you like (or want to get to know) and just hang out there, without constantly worrying about missing out on your drop chance if the stream runs long without ending. It was a much more enjoyable drop event to me than previous ones for that reason. I didn't mind if someone who usually did short streams suddenly did a 12-hour or 24-hour stream during the event--I wasn't missing out on my drop chance because I didn't have to wait for the end of stream. I could just...exist there and have fun.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on September 12, 2018 12:37PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.