The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make it 4v4 or nerf Mage's Wrath

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So sick of my team losing because our kills are being taken by magSorcs from the third team. This kill stealing nonsense is getting old.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo we should compile a list of issues that would be instantly solved by removing the third team altogether
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's certainly possible to killsteal with things other than Mage's Wrath/Endless Fury, including with just basic non-execute damage, it should be painfully obvious that the Sorcerer execute is the biggest offender when it comes to stealing kills (or securing your own personal/team kills, so that someone else doesn't steal them).

I play Mag Sorc a bit myself, and wouldn't terribly mind a nerf to the execute, as long as it isn't made worthless. That said, I'd much prefer BGs be cut down to just 2 teams, since that would solve a lot of other annoyances as well. After that, if there are nerfs/buffs to various class/weapon/etc...skills, so be it - there's plenty of stuff that could do with some adjusting.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it’ll take before people start to see my calls for shortening the range of mage’s wrath as a good idea.

Ive been saying it for over a year now and people still laugh at me for it.

Shortening the range to 12m would fix quite a lot.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a mag sorc on your team. There are plenty sorcs out there you can maybe ask and sorc fills a niche role in BGs.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re on quite the nerf sorc rant. Isn’t there some kind of unspoken rule where you only get one nerf post per month? It’s highly unlikely your team is losing entirely due to mages wrath.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 11, 2018 8:58AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Get a mag sorc on your team. There are plenty sorcs out there you can maybe ask and sorc fills a niche role in BGs.

You can't have a match anymore on PC EU without 50% magsorc participation. All those bandwaggoning cage/fury clowns enjoy how absolute overtuned their toolkit has become this patch. It's just painfully obvious in BGs, everything in their kit is fire & forget, sticking to the target, with huge impact and ignoring one or the other defensive mechanic. A sad joke.

The fewer magsorcs a match has, the more enjoyable it is. Getting every single kill you work for stolen just becaused some nerd manages to spam fury from the backline is not fun.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or..or.. maybe just make the player with the most damage dealt on the target get the kill? Instead of the one that just applied an execute. Resetting the counter after 5 seconds of no damage taken.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is actually the wrong way to look at it. One thing they should do is change the scoring, so the assist counts for more. Problem solved. No need to #NerfSorc even more. And I play mostly DK so I can't say I'm biased towards sorc. I'm just effed about crying player blanked nerfs that make the game too uniform, with classes losing their individual attributes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or people can understand killing blows don't matter why don't they understand that
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, the scoring mechanic is flawed! What shall we do? Better nerf a class!

Shall I mention that this thread is brought to you by the same guy that thinks curse is better than incap?
    Daus wrote: »
    Haunting Curse hits hard than incap but it goes off every 2 seconds, and you can't block or dodge it (you can shield it though which is just another reason why damage shields are OP).

Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 11, 2018 10:33AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or people can understand killing blows don't matter why don't they understand that

I think it's a case of you needing to understand the BGs a lot better.

There's 3 teams in the BG, not 2. If you do all the damage to a target but a player from the 3rd team gets the kill with a 28 meter ranged execute, your team lost that kill. And if that keeps repeating you lose a Deathmatch BG faster than you can blink.

On top of that, individual scoring counts towards the leaderboard which has rewards associated with it. So that's still a problem.
    Asardes wrote: »
    This is actually the wrong way to look at it. One thing they should do is change the scoring, so the assist counts for more. Problem solved. No need to #NerfSorc even more. And I play mostly DK so I can't say I'm biased towards sorc. I'm just effed about crying player blanked nerfs that make the game too uniform, with classes losing their individual attributes.

There's 2 separate problems.

One, is your team losing the kill in a Deathmatch. Which assists and medals and whatnot has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Two, is the problem of individual scoring. And the problem there is that there's more than one medal type associated with killing blows. There's medals for double-kill, triple-kill, quadruple-kill and you can get up to 1k extra points from those. It's basically getting killing blows within X seconds from your last kill. And these greatly exacerbate the problem with kill stealing from your own teammates.

There's games when I'll have near double damage and assists from a MagSorc (and 3 times the healing) but the medals associated with kills and kills streaks puts him at 2k points above me.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right the killing blow gets more points but one day you might understand that a killing blow is not a show of skill.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're right the killing blow gets more points but one day you might understand that a killing blow is not a show of skill.

BkdDR3r.png
    EU | PC | AD
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that derailed quickly.

But yeah, I'm leveling up a stam sorc while doing Battlegrounds for the first time and the sorc execute is kinda sweet for kill stealing, and yeah, I may just have figured out yesterday how to use that strat of letting the other two teams fight and then try to kill steal...

Which I'm sure was plenty annoying for them, as much as I enjoyed getting a decent score in a deathmatch despite coming in second.

I'm not sure I have a good solution though. I'm still learning how to execute people with it effectively since I'm learning Battlegrounds as I go as a stam sorc, so I don't have any good suggesrions for fixes.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always play BGs as dirty as you possibly can kill stealing and other crooked methods works well that way.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always play BGs as dirty as you possibly can kill stealing and other crooked methods works well that way.

As long as its not actually cheating, that's just playing to win. Which is only a bad thing to people who aren't playing to win points-wise, but are trying to win on their own terms, whatever those terms are. This article had a really nice discussion about what "playing to win" actually means when people talk about fighting dirty. http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. Please keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. Please keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you.

Good morning, I must have missed a lot of anger lol
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

I think it's a case of you needing to understand the BGs a lot better.

There's 3 teams in the BG, not 2. If you do all the damage to a target but a player from the 3rd team gets the kill with a 28 meter ranged execute, your team lost that kill. And if that keeps repeating you lose a Deathmatch BG faster than you can blink.

On top of that, individual scoring counts towards the leaderboard which has rewards associated with it. So that's still a problem.
    Asardes wrote: »

There's 2 separate problems.

One, is your team losing the kill in a Deathmatch. Which assists and medals and whatnot has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Two, is the problem of individual scoring. And the problem there is that there's more than one medal type associated with killing blows. There's medals for double-kill, triple-kill, quadruple-kill and you can get up to 1k extra points from those. It's basically getting killing blows within X seconds from your last kill. And these greatly exacerbate the problem with kill stealing from your own teammates.

There's games when I'll have near double damage and assists from a MagSorc (and 3 times the healing) but the medals associated with kills and kills streaks puts him at 2k points above me.

This breaks it down quite nicely. Truthfully if it was just team vs team then the only gripe I would have about mages wrath is that it takes away from my leaderboard score, but in a team vs team vs team scenario mages wrath will make you lose regardless of player skill because green team will pummel orange team, but purple gets the credit because they applied mages wrath before you got them to the 20% threshold.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, OP was on a nerf bender yesterday, especially with the Sorcs.

It is 4v4v4 to keep with the 3 alliance aspect. Yes, it is an adjustment if one is used to merely a XvX but it adds a nice change to the mix if instanced PvP.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oooo is this one of those nerf mag sorc threads.
    while were at it you might want to take a look at incap.
    not sure but i heard its OP
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

Allow me to direct you to my other thread then:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418695/should-damage-and-ccs-remain-separate#latest
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

Allow me to direct you to my other thread then:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418695/should-damage-and-ccs-remain-separate#latest

You mean the one that is inconsequential for that it entierly discounts the meeting with the class reps, which you have proven to not read? :D

Yes, tell everyone to look at it so they see what I mean.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, since the thread has continue to derail we have decided to close it. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.