The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Black screen (except for UI) in some indoor areas (ancest. tombs, thieves refuge) after latest patch

daemondamian
daemondamian
✭✭✭
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with a black screen (just the UI shows) in some indoor areas
such as ancestral tombs and the Vivec thieves refuge after the latest patch?

I had the game running for 25 hours with no problems but after the patch the water turned black, I fixed it by changing
the reflection settings to low but then went into the thieves refuge in Vivec and the problem returned.

I tried turning the shadows off but then almost everything outdoors was black except for the sky and doing so didn't
fix the interior problem.

I used the wayshrine and checked an ancestral tomb which was also black as was the water (until I turned the reflections
to low).

I did search and came across some other threads and tried some of the fixes mentioned but nothing made any difference.

Aside from the patch I had installed some addons so I removed those completely taking the files out of the Addon folder
but it didn't change anything.

Attached are some screenshots showing the problem.
dg0cvaf22gdn.png
76ate0lk9lke.png
hkvqvggo4ywd.png

Edited by daemondamian on May 23, 2018 4:18AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @daemondamian

The first thing you should check when having texture issues is that your graphic drivers are completely updated. Running a repair through the launcher can also help if the issue is related to missing or corrupted game files. There are also some user settings you could change as described here that may make a difference.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @daemondamian

The first thing you should check when having texture issues is that your graphic drivers are completely updated. Running a repair through the launcher can also help if the issue is related to missing or corrupted game files. There are also some user settings you could change as described here that may make a difference.

Thanks for your reply - I did try doing a repair but that didn't work.

I've actually identified and fixed the problem; I had the 3DMigoto fix installed to make ESO work better with Nvidia 3D Vision.

It was working perfectly but something new in the patch must have caused a problem with it so uninstalling it fixed the graphical issues I was having.

I'm happy to say 3D is still working without the 3DMigoto fix with only some shadows on the ground being a little buggy.

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Nvidia drivers released yesterday too afaik
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access