The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worlds First vCR HM & Speedrun by Hodor

Love Wizard
Love Wizard
✭✭✭✭✭
mnnqI74.jpg

Cleared it roughly 45 minutes after servers went up, was a fun trial, now for nodeath and speedrun!

Skin for roleplayers, its pretty bad imo

A7ibQ5u.png

Got this on our second clear, with hardmode aswell ofcourse.

PG1e3pS.png

This was also the first cloudrest clear in general on live.

My thoughts on the situation
Thought I'd do a little writeup since there's alot of misconceptions about how things work, and my personal opinion about how things needs to be adjusted, and addressed.

First and foremost, an incentive to do end game raiding, and most and foremost, and incentive to compete for scores.
As it stands right now, there's a few active raiding guilds going for scores, and hardmode clears and such, on each server, and this is just simply not enough. It's been like this for a long time actually, and it's something that needs to be done something about. I personally find that ESO has alot of nice content to offer when it comes to endgame raiding, and its a shame they're not being used to their full potential. I don't care what the incentive is, but there needs to be something to get people into this. The Asylum Sanctorium extremely rare skin drop was a good incentive I feel like, and im not sure why they haven't opted for the same thing for Cloudrest. Right now in Cloudrest, after you clear it for the skin, there's NOTHING to achieve there anymore! There's some neat sets, but thats about it! I've brought this up on mulitple threads, without Zenimax even bothering, yes bothering, to give a decent reply to it.

The other issue at hand, is the PTS issues. When all of you say that its bullsh*t that the we got to practice the trial on PTS for weeks, and weeks, I completely agree with you, its a flawed system. But as it stands, I don't think ZoS has a capable QA team to do the testing themselves, to ensure that the content brought to you on live, is flawless, free of bugs. Hodor as a guild in it self, reported a huge ammount of bugs that were all fixed more or less on live, and this is important. We can look back to Maw of Lorkahj PTS, the reason it took so long for this to be cleared, was for one, it was actually a very mechanicly challenging trial back in the day, and for two, the PTS was utter chaos! We didn't have capped cp, we didnt have the best sets, we crashed ALL the time, we disconnected, and so on! The trial ended up dropping with a few bugs, but overall, Maw of Lorkahj has been ZoS best DLC trial by FAR. Im not sure what we as a community can do, and im not sure what ZoS can do to ensure that the trial doesn't get beaten on first day, to ensure that the trial is flawless in terms of bugs, and to make sure that the trial is the right difficulty.

The last issue at hand I want to bring up, is minitrials. Whilst I understand ZoS will more or less probably profit more with minitrials, you have to understand that they are just dull, boring and in give or take half a year, cloudrest will be dead content! I think I speak on the behalf of the community when I say this, and DEFINETLY on behalf of the endgame raiding scene, full scale trials are much more fun, much more challenging, and overall, the better fit. It also hinders progression for example on the PTS, as guilds will be stuck on various bosses for potential weeks, having to figure them out. Having just one boss fight, just simplifies too much. We want trashpacks, we want multiple bosses that scale in difficulty, and we don't want to be stood in a single boss room for the entirety of the trial!

For those of us that don't think our clear is worthy of being called a worlds first, you're completely entitled to having your own opinion about how rightful this clear is, whetever it being we practiced it on the PTS, our patch dropped whilst americans were working, or something else. But I want you to know, if you're angry with how things are, then please direct that anger to Zenimax, where it belongs, and lets try to fix things, and make them better.
Edited by Love Wizard on May 22, 2018 12:27PM
@IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
Worlds First vAS Hardmode
Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
Worlds First Godslayer
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ewwwwwww
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that didn’t take long...but what was I expecting?

Great job
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats all!

As said on Twitter to Alcast though. I have a lot of respect to the dedication and effort you all put into these clears, but at the same time it's very disappointing to see content being beaten on the first day (or hour) of a new update.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Congrats all!

As said on Twitter to Alcast though. I have a lot of respect to the dedication and effort you all put into these clears, but at the same time it's very disappointing to see content being beaten on the first day (or hour) of a new update.

Well they have had a month already to practice and perfect it due to PTS. Most guilds (atleast on console) take about 4-6 weeks in progressions.

Congrats to them, theyve practiced and theyve earned it. I just wish console guilds had the same chance for worlds first.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz!

But still... lol @ difficulty. As predicted :D
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    does mom know?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo. I'll bust out the streamers and confetti for you. Congrats, you beat a clock to see how quickly you could do it after the patch went live.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/svJgvqU3nCI?t=18

Never underestimate the power of the scouts code !
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on May 21, 2018 2:34PM
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Dang, gratts, meanwhile here in Aus I'm still downloading the update.... and will be for another 3-4hrs :neutral:
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    I heard your healer did it with two mice and no keyboard and you brought a sorc to slow you down. GG.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU > NA

:trollface:
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!

That's absolutely spectac...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn at least give the servers some time lol

Well Done lads and ladettes
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did you practised on PTS ? ;)
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats.

Maybe if it was a real trial it would've taken longer than 15 minutes, tho.

XBox NA
  • Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm much more impressed that patch is out already (esp. on EU) and it didn't take a whole day as usual
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gz guys! I hope after this they will focus on bigger trials :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gratz! Well deserved :)
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! :)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must need a Buff. :*
  • LioraValkyrie
    LioraValkyrie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, back in reality...

rcx752D.png

Also, gg XD
    Mistress of Apocrypha - Master PetSorc

Founder of The Lollygaggers
    Creator of the 1-bar vMA build
    World first solo vFH
    Unchained Altmer Sorc Tank

Visit me on YouTube! Mistress of Apocrypha ESO
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to both my friends in that run and those of you I don't know ^^ Good job!
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got speedrun now aswell!

PG1e3pS.png
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the achievement for the fastest download goes too...
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    And the achievement for the fastest download goes too...

I'm still stuck on 10%

The joys of rural England :D
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    I'm still stuck on 10%

I got ZOSed and have to reinstall the whole game. At 3% now.

There goes my world first pickpocket a Summerset guard thread...
    Edited by Meld777 on May 21, 2018 3:23PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the-- my download isn't even done yet :D
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some unnecessary and inappropriate commentary from this thread. Please be sure to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really all went directly into the game and trial simply to do this and go make a forum post about it? Way to killl all the fun out of it for yourselves, so gratz on that anyway.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Congrats all!

Not really first day. They have been working on it on pts for a while.