Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Worlds First vCR HM & Speedrun by Hodor

• Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    a mini trial that almost got beat completely on day one

There's still time ;)
    Edited by Meld777 on May 21, 2018 5:01PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    folks. folks.

please

just because a very good guild with VERY good players beat a trial on live after month worth of practice on pts... does not make that content easy. if they did it on pts on a first try? or didn't have a chance to practice and still manage to do it on a first try? THEN there would be cause for complaints over difficulty.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Cryptical wrote: »
    The practice time is nice, but the biggest advantage they get is the ability to pull whatever set piece they want out of the container of All The Sets That Exist.

Wanna try dual wielding master swords? Just pull them out of the bag. Sword and mace? In the bag. Mace and axe? In the bag. Different traits? In the bag.

They never need to farm for the items they want to use in their practice and experiences. So they never end up spending time getting items that do not work as well as expected.

The pre-release practice time already calls into question the value of “first”, but having god mode for gear makes the first clear on the test server still have a credibility issue.

You know that "god mode" bag of goodies isn't on the live server, right?

The point he was making was that it’s eliminating trial/ error and failure times. That’s why people are discrediting the declaration of “world first” when Hodor’s actual “world first” was whenever they first did it on PTS—with caveats regarding gear optimization on the fly. I mean you can do the Trial sets WITH the Trial sets on PTS without having to farm any of them, can’t you? I didn’t check it out this cycle PTS but I think that’s the case.

About being able to practice the trial with the best gear the trial drops, I forgot about that.

It was that way for clockwork. Upon login, there’s the template. Make a template character, theres all the perfected asylum weapons in all the useful traits, even though you haven’t figured out where on the map the city even was.

Put all the perfected weapons from the template into the bank, and there you go. Testing which perfected weapon worked best for your play style and rotation.

Same process for your attempt on live: make a template character and pull all the stuff you want to test from the bags marked Overland Sets or Dungeon Sets etc. Want an odd trait? Use the transmutation table with the Infinite Transmutation Crystal.

God mode for gear means having a cost-free guide to map out exactly what needs to be farmed on live. So even the first test server clear isn’t dependable because of that God Mode For Gear.

Xbox NA
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Ajitator wrote: »
    Something doesn't sit right with me that content released just this morning was beaten because people got to play it and practice for a month on the PTS.

Pretty sure that's not what it's there for,.

Grats on your self proclaimed "Worlds first" title. Feels good?

It does feel good, thank you! We're also not pleased with how the PTS system is, but as it stands, zenimax doesnt have a proper QA team to test these trials, so its either this or release bugged and flawed content.
    BohnT wrote: »
    Hodor making bad people cry about things they'll never achieve anyway :trollface:

Gz on speedrun
    What was the group composition, 8 magnbs? :lol:

3 DK's, 1 Templar, 1 Warden, 1 Sorcerer, and 6 Nightblades, all magicka ofcourse.
    Kova wrote: »
    The amount of salt in this thread. MMO communities never cease to surprise me. If you think this proves the content is easy, go in there and do the same thing and let people enjoy things.

Congrats for the clear!

I agree, the salt in these threads never ceases to amuse me.

congrats on your achievement but don't you think the fact that you all ended up stacking nighblades for your clear other then tank/healer essentials - is ALSO flawed?

not trying to put it all on you, its on ZoS to balance classes, just mean... if the purpose of you all testing it on pts is to make sure that content is not released in flawed state... seems like its not really serving its purpose anyways.

The nightblade meta has been around since Asylum Sanctorium release, the fact that zenimax doesnt adjust it is flawed. We've submitted alot of feedback, but rarely anything we say actually get taken into account, sadly.
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Oh sure.. nice.. congrats as always, but l'm beginning to to realize that Hodor are really the Bethesda and/or ZOS developers. No way these are otherwise normal players with full-time jobs and life. Ha ha

It's just not alot of competition around, and the more casual players doesn't see an incentive for competing for score runs, or farming trials nonstop.
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Almost no death on release day lol, man really where is my full trial, it’s hard to pass this off as hardest content to date

I’m salty it isn’t a full trial for a chapter instead it’s a mini trial that almost got beat completely on day one

Yeah.. I hope this is the last minitrial this game will ever see. They're nothing but a joke.

@IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new here, just Hodor being Hodor :*
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lame, do this *** without running through it a million times first. Its bs tbh.

Not a single person should see the inside of a Trial before it goes live. All testing should be done internally for any area of the game that has achievements and leader boards. Otherwise, your achievements, Hodor, are meaningless.

Edited by Valen_Byte on May 21, 2018 6:00PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on again claiming to have a genuine World's First after taking advantage of early access and timezones.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    Congrats on again claiming to have a genuine World's First after taking advantage of early access and timezones.

Thanks! :hushed:

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wp guys.

(Anyone have the old purple skin from crownstore to compare ? )
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    folks. folks.

please

just because a very good guild with VERY good players beat a trial on live after month worth of practice on pts... does not make that content easy. if they did it on pts on a first try? or didn't have a chance to practice and still manage to do it on a first try? THEN there would be cause for complaints over difficulty.

Of course a group like Hodor beating it on live after a month worth of practice doesn't mean the content isn't difficult. However, ZOS made wild claims saying this is their hardest trial to date and things like that. And when you see this, well, you just know that isn't the case.

The very nature of mini-trials kind of warrants these quick clears though. Since you have only one fight (granted you do hard mode with all the bosses), there is only really one encounter that you need to spend time on. With full fledged trials, you have trash packs which may require certain strategies, and the various boss encounters themselves. On full trials you can get stuck for a while on bosses before the endboss, and this slows down progression aswell.
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    What sets were the magblades running?
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

We're all using different sets to be honest, everyone using skoria though iirc, and then some are running sorrow, bsw, and architect.

Worlds First Godslayer
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised first 4-5 comments after thread being posted are NOT other members congratulating one another after thread being posted. Something new, usually after thread is posted you can skip first few comments because it's just the rest of the group patting each other's backs.
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    Grats guys well done ;)
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it - why it's called MINI trial if it take 45 minutes of super professional team to beat? And this 45 minutes was actually a speedrun :D What about average team? Two hours of MINI trial? )
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

We're all using different sets to be honest, everyone using skoria though iirc, and then some are running sorrow, bsw, and architect.

Do u know the order of what’s performing best between Mother’s sorrow, bsw, and acuity? I assume Mother’s sorrow is performing better than acuity now if none of your guys were runnning acuity.

I assume architect is bis because it buffs you and other people on the team.
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    I'm surprised first 4-5 comments after thread being posted are NOT other members congratulating one another after thread being posted. Something new, usually after thread is posted you can skip first few comments because it's just the rest of the group patting each other's backs.

How surprised are you that 90% of the comments are salty forum warriors?

XBox NA
  • Praetorrus
    Praetorrus
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    I don't get it - why it's called MINI trial if it take 45 minutes of super professional team to beat? And this 45 minutes was actually a speedrun :D What about average team? Two hours of MINI trial? )

You misread it, the kills were 15min and less, 45 min past since servers were up until we managed to group up and finish trial.

• Screamo
    Screamo
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    The practice time is nice, but the biggest advantage they get is the ability to pull whatever set piece they want out of the container of All The Sets That Exist.

Wanna try dual wielding master swords? Just pull them out of the bag. Sword and mace? In the bag. Mace and axe? In the bag. Different traits? In the bag.

They never need to farm for the items they want to use in their practice and experiences. So they never end up spending time getting items that do not work as well as expected.

The pre-release practice time already calls into question the value of “first”, but having god mode for gear makes the first clear on the test server still have a credibility issue.

You know that "god mode" bag of goodies isn't on the live server, right?

The point he was making was that it’s eliminating trial/ error and failure times. That’s why people are discrediting the declaration of “world first” when Hodor’s actual “world first” was whenever they first did it on PTS—with caveats regarding gear optimization on the fly. I mean you can do the Trial sets WITH the Trial sets on PTS without having to farm any of them, can’t you? I didn’t check it out this cycle PTS but I think that’s the case.

About being able to practice the trial with the best gear the trial drops, I forgot about that.

It was that way for clockwork. Upon login, there’s the template. Make a template character, theres all the perfected asylum weapons in all the useful traits, even though you haven’t figured out where on the map the city even was.

Put all the perfected weapons from the template into the bank, and there you go. Testing which perfected weapon worked best for your play style and rotation.

Same process for your attempt on live: make a template character and pull all the stuff you want to test from the bags marked Overland Sets or Dungeon Sets etc. Want an odd trait? Use the transmutation table with the Infinite Transmutation Crystal.

God mode for gear means having a cost-free guide to map out exactly what needs to be farmed on live. So even the first test server clear isn’t dependable because of that God Mode For Gear.

You do know that skill is more important than gear do you? And its not like people don't talk about op builds on the internet if you want to know if a set is good just look it up and you'll find out.
    Maintank der Gruppe Basilisk Ancaria

ancaria.shivtr.com
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooooongrats, bois!

Mashi the Flower Princess knows more than just his flowers :Thinking:
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    Kanar wrote: »
    How many stam DDs in group?

None.

Raraaku wrote: »
    I just wanna know how many practice runs were done on the PTS before the live run. With a speed run like that, I imagine quite a few. Congrats on the achievement.

Been raiding on PTS since it got out, three times a week and sometimes more.

Very nice, dedication often reaps in great rewards, congratulations once again!

they'll make a billion selling the skin or reward runs? :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, back in reality...

rcx752D.png

Also, gg XD

I like your selection of games... I also have on my desktop Tomb Raider, DoS 2, Skyrim, and Dragon Age :)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gz guys!!
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xD i just cant. I literally cant. I shouldve expected this thread but still, 7:30am on launch day.

Its not even something to boast of anymore, everyone is just expecting your Guild to do it by now.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gz guys!!

Thanks, appreciate it!

Worlds First Godslayer
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS = Practice Test Server...
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Lame, do this *** without running through it a million times first. Its bs tbh.

Not a single person should see the inside of a Trial before it goes live. All testing should be done internally for any area of the game that has achievements and leader boards. Otherwise, your achievements, Hodor, are meaningless.

Here's the way I see it.. There are basically 3 kinds of ESO gamers (ehh.. could be more; depends on one's perspective), but the way I look at it (also, keep in mind, there isn't anything official about this, of course, but, it's just from one veteran of ESO's perspective..)

The 3 kinds of ESO gamers:

1. New (or noob) - self-explanatory. I would gauge this from level 3 to 200 CP.
    2. Moderate - These are the folks been around for a bit, know a bit more about the game, but still far more to learn. I would gauge this from 200-500 CP range.
    3. Veterans. Of course these are the folks that have been around for a couple years, at least. I would be safe to say that the range is from 501 to max CP.

Now, I would also break down the Veterans into two separate categories.

3a. Veteran - Casual
    3b. Veteran - Hardcore

The Veteran - Casual.. I would put as someone who has been around for quite a few and been playing ESO for a couple and more years and practically know everything or mostly everything there is to know about ESO, but.. these Veterans can't really play everyday or maybe could only put in a couple hours here and there, due to whatever it is; it could be having a full-time job and other real life responsibilities. These peeps do enjoy ESO and would probably like to put in more hours into playing the game, but they just cannot.

The Veteran - Hardcore.. now, these are those more likely to spend more hours and hours a day into ESO. These are the likes of the Hodor guild folks, or those others who strive to be on the top part of every leader boards. These are the elites (not elitist; although one being so elite can be diluted and have an elitist mentally) who can put in many ungodly hours into playing ESO. I don't know.. maybe they are retired, unemployed, or just so lucky to be able to put in 8 hours and more into ESO in a game-playing session. Well, you can also categorize the youtube ESO gurus into this same category.

So, anyways, I would consider myself to be the Veteran - Casual. So, to me, I can care less about being on the top of the leader board, I can care less about Flawless Conqueror, Grand Overlord, BiS this, Meta that, or care less about being so good as being part of such a group or guild that has to be the world first at whatever.

Now, for the Veteran - Hardcore folks within the game, there should be, as I'm sure, some kind of gratification or team esprit de corp or something like that along the line. Sure, as in this thread and the many other threads that Hodor, or other guild of the likes, have posted World First at this and that, there is some kind of feeling of pride and being proud of accomplishing a feat that only a small percentage can accomplish. .. and as a Veteran - Casual dude, I will still give Hodor the kudos for accomplishing such feat. Yeah, ok, they had plenty of practices and many tries at it, but hey, they still put in the effort, irregardless.

You know.. don't be jealous or need to hate them or anything. It is just a video game. They put in the effort as part of the PTS. If you want the same chance, then apply for the PTS position. I, for one, can care less about World First this and that, can care less about boasting that you got 30 or 40k dps from a few minutes of thrashing on a stationary dummy that doesn't even fight back. However, hey, if it makes you feel good and a sense of accomplishment in whatever; World First at something, having BiS this or Meta that, or hey, look at me, I got a Flawless C or Grand O above my toon.. if any of that makes you feel good about yourself or the game, then it is all good. Then, it is meaningful for those having completed such a task that not many could. So, don't hate.. just congratulate, and move on and play your game.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the first console guild clears it in two weeks their thread should be "World First" as well, since y'know, the race is loaded in PC's favor to begin with.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip stam