The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS server keeps crashing?

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I'll play for maybe...40min? An hour? And then I get an "ESO has stopped working" CTD error.

EDIT: As a clarification, I'm currently working through the Psijic Time Breaches quests.
Edited by Saucy_Jack on April 30, 2018 9:03AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • david_sgt83b14_ESO
    Happened to me three or four times, with Windows reporting an error and about as many times for the game to just lock up, entirely. Windows does its thing, reporting to Microsoft, but the game crash report goes to ZOS and asks what you were doing when it locked/crashed. I've not been able to determine why, either, since I regularly check for and update drivers, monthly. Frustrating, regardless.
    PC/NA
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It didn't happen to me once week 1 but this past week it has happened several times in several zones usually just by hitting a directional key to move.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Happend to me too several times, exactly while doing the psijic time breaches.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sucks was I was using custom map pins to mark breach locations, but because the game crashed before I had a chance to properly log out, none of them saved :'(
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're going to look into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It crashed several times on me but I wasn't doing any quests. Also very long loading screens anytime I went to a zone I had never been to before.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also got a lot of crashes to desktop while on the time breach quests, on the 2nd-5th or so quests at least. I think the later quests went smoothly.

Then on the zones with very long load screens, I also couldn't submit feedback in-game from those zones, even after exiting and relogging. The submitting dialog would just stay up forever. But when I hit escape and traveled to a different zone my reports all went through at once. It's like something in those server zone instances had crashed or locked up.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the Rivenspire portion of the breaches quest, and this is still happening; last time I crashed I had started the quest in Artaeum but made a point not to go to Rivenspire and seal any breaches. I was in the process of opening a chest in Summerset when the game went down.
  • GeorgeFoyet
    GeorgeFoyet
    Soul Shriven
    Happens quite bit for me too, and doesn’t matter which quest I am doing... figured I would post something but I see I am not the only one, I do have the game running at 144fps if that makes a difference...
    Edited by GeorgeFoyet on May 1, 2018 2:10AM