The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting – You Should Be Reading This

Enemy-of-Coldharbour
Enemy-of-Coldharbour
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you are curious about the new jewelry crafting system, then you should be reading the PTS notes. You won't be happy. Testers are calling it the 'grind-of-all-grinds'. You have a better chance of finding Buoyant Armiger motifs than finding the new crafting seams :'(

Read the main discussion here.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are curious about the new jewelry crafting system, then you should be reading the PTS notes. You won't be happy. Testers are calling it the 'grind-of-all-grinds'. You have a better chance of finding Buoyant Armiger motifs than finding the new crafting seams :'(

I think my exact words were, "the grind to grind all grinds." Haha

It's really bad IMO. Deconstructing a gold CP160 piece of jewelry gave me about a half a level, at level 1. I cant imagine how many pieces it will take to go from 49-50. I got to 3 traits on both ring and neck, and deconed 6 pieces of gold gear. I am still at level 3.

It's so grindy that the only people that will be able to make anything in the near future is by spending massive amounts of gold to buy up 100s if not thousands of pieces of jewelry at this point. They will of course be able to sell what the make for massive amounts of gold. Your average player is not going to be able to participate in a meaningful way at this point, other than perhaps grinding dolmens to sell the loot.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on the PTS for at least 4 hours yesterday. I wasn't focused on finding nodes, but I only found 1. Once I get through the quests, and open that skill line, I'm going to spend some time only looking for the new nodes and see how many I find when actively looking for them. But all the running around I did yesterday, I'm not overly optimistic on the time it's going to take to build up a decent stash.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll get plenty of new resources in next year anniversary event boxes. Just have a little patience. One year patience.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can confirm.

I've been testing as this is the only thing that makes me want to buy that expansion. This is so bad that unless nodes/decon/writs are at the very least 10 times better, I'm not even thinking to buy it anymore.

Let's just hope it like this because it's the start of the PTS and that ZOS will change their mind.

However, as it has already been the case that ZOS made things different (and worse) on live than on PTS, I won't pre purchase summerset and will wait for feedback on live stating how is jewel crafting.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is surprising, but I guess it shouldn't be.

I'm let down, though. Every time I give them the benefit of the doubt....
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are curious about the new jewelry crafting system, then you should be reading the PTS notes. You won't be happy.
    I was never expecting to be happy. I'm still trying to level up Enchanting, and if I go by this, of course any new crafting will make Enchanting a walk in the park.

The new system is designed for one thing: keep people on the servers.

And it's going to work. Bank on it.

• Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    You realize this is still on the test server right? IF you aren't happy with it you should be sending feedback on that forums and not the general forums.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why did people expect this to be any different?!
    ZOS loves introducing tedious grind fests or ridiculous RNG gates. Its like somebody in ZOS said "Fine, give em jewelry crafting so, but make sure it takes months of grinding!!"
    This has always been the way. They believe grinding keeps people active on servers!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I know I'm in the minority, but to me, it should take ages to become a master crafter.

I can get to level 50 in alc and provisioning in next to no time (probably under an hour each),
    Wood, blacksmith and clothing only takes a couple of days, and thats on'y because I need to frm a few dungeons etc to get decon mats.

The only one that takes any time is enchanting. And even that, if you have a friend making them for you, it can be done in hours.

I prefer mmos when it takes you ages to get to end level and it feels a real achievement, same for crafting.

Whats the point of releasing jewelry crafting if within two or three days everyone's a master, personally I think it's better if you have to choose. Devote a ton of time to become one or pay someone else who has done so to make them (or if your in a small friendly guild, maybe have them made for nothing).

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing a gold CP160 piece of jewelry gave me about a half a level, at level 1.

I just hopped on the PTS to test this, I solo'd a dolmen on my crafter and got a CP160 purple necklace and deconstructed it and now I am half way to level 3. I am not sure why your gold piece gave you so little when my purple gave me a level and a half. Where did you get those gold rings? Perhaps the source is a factor in the inspiration they provide.

I imagine deconstructing max level intricate jewelry is going to make this grind a breeze just like nearly every other craft in this game.
    [DC/NA]
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got news for ZOS their grind fest bull is going to kill their game in the end.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Got news for ZOS their grind fest bull is going to kill their game in the end.

I was thinking of making multiple sets for each toon. Instead, maybe I end up with 1 set for my top two toons and call it a day. But I won't bail on the game for that. Also, my sunder jewlery suddenly looks very appealing and the rest of my best jewelry isn't going anywhere.
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple people reported deconning all the jewelry from the kits (20 gold, 50 purple) and getting to around level 13 in jewelrycrafting, as well getting no dust at all.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Deconstructing a gold CP160 piece of jewelry gave me about a half a level, at level 1.

I just hopped on the PTS to test this, I solo'd a dolmen on my crafter and got a CP160 purple necklace and deconstructed it and now I am half way to level 3. I am not sure why your gold piece gave you so little when my purple gave me a level and a half. Where did you get those gold rings? Perhaps the source is a factor in the inspiration they provide.

I imagine deconstructing max level intricate jewelry is going to make this grind a breeze just like nearly every other craft in this game.

@badmojo

I cant remember if I said it in this thread, but you might be on to something. I had some PVP rewards (gold Jewelry) that came to me on the PTS via the mail. I was a little surprised that it gave me the option to deconstruct them, but it let me.

It is certainly possible that these somehow gave less XP then other dropped items. You would think that the game would either prevent them entirely or treat them like any other new drop, but who knows. What you said is very encouraging. I would expect a purple CP 160 piece of jewerly to give you at least a full level or two in the beginning, which would be far more consistent with other crafting lines.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on April 17, 2018 7:17PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it would take a ton of jewelry deconstruction to level it. At this point, I am saving every treasure map I get until Summerset. And then I will just do an entire day worth of chest farming collecting treasure map chests and overworld chests. Should have a ton of jewelry to decon at that point, with the added benefit of farming jewelry nodes along the way.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHHHHHAAAAATTTT?

I demand the new crafting skill line be fully grindable in 2 hours playtime, DOWN WITH ZOS.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hmm... got 13 ba motifs so far. this can't be so bad then.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a few off-topic and inappropriate comments from this thread. Please be sure to keep this discussion civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what? Its difficult to create gold jewelry in the trait of your choice. Did you people really expect any different? Look at the existing methods to get gold Jewelry:

1.Vet trials...a few specific sets, higher difficulty level
    2. The golden: ..many sets, but at a couple pieces offered per week it takes years for what you are waiting on to come around...also quite expensive for an average player at 200k gold or 500k AP a piece

And...thats it, no option for gold jewlery for any crafted set or many other sets in the game such as willpower. I believe in addition to jewelry crafting they need to add a rare chance to drop gold jewelry from treasure maps, most of this will be garbage, but gives you more decon options.

I honestly don't mind the grind, after all the available build diversity will make it all worth it. So what if it takes me 2 months to master jewelry crafting? Its not a big deal, it took me a lot longer to master the other crafting skill lines. So what if the materials are rare? That will give people who explore every corner of the map a nice source of income they didn't have before. My point is its ALREADY grindy to get the existing gold jewelry, this is no different.
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭

Which is a good thing. I feel it balances out the jewelry crafting. It still makes you want to loot bosses for them.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    To be honest, I know I'm in the minority, but to me, it should take ages to become a master crafter.

I can get to level 50 in alc and provisioning in next to no time (probably under an hour each),
    Wood, blacksmith and clothing only takes a couple of days, and thats on'y because I need to frm a few dungeons etc to get decon mats.

The only one that takes any time is enchanting. And even that, if you have a friend making them for you, it can be done in hours.

I prefer mmos when it takes you ages to get to end level and it feels a real achievement, same for crafting.

Whats the point of releasing jewelry crafting if within two or three days everyone's a master, personally I think it's better if you have to choose. Devote a ton of time to become one or pay someone else who has done so to make them (or if your in a small friendly guild, maybe have them made for nothing).

I don't think you realise how crazy this grind is. Even if they buff ressources gathering by 10times, it will still level much slower than enchanting and cost much more than blacksmithing to upgrade your jewellery.

Upgrading to legendary Jewelry requires : 8 Chromium Plating, 1 Chromium Plating = Refine 10 Chromium Grains
    Deconstructing Legendary Jewelry = 1 Chromium Grain
    Refining Raw Material have chance to give 1 Chromium Grain
    And seams (jewellery nodes) are much more rare than ore nodes.

Nobody is going to make a single jewellery master writ like this.

As for daily crafting writs, I did one with maxed jewellery and the rewards was absolutely not worth it.

So, writs not worth it, and upgrading gear going to take weeks for the fastest, month for most of people (for a little gain inferior to 10 weapon/spell damage).

And all of this is locked behind a paywall.

As I havent finished other content, nothing in Summerset appeals me at all - unless they change it.
    Edited by Vostorn on April 17, 2018 9:32PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope it is hard to achieve so we don't have a watered down skill line.

i actually don't like it that research scrolls were introduced...let folks work, BE PATIENT, to be a master crafter.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!! This post sums up exactly what I was thinking as I was exploring Jewelry Crafting! Guess I can put any crafted sets with Jewelry I was imagining on the back burner for quite a while:) I don't mind working for a skill line, but getting the mats for this is going to be excruciating.
    Edited by Willard on April 17, 2018 9:46PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WHHHHHAAAAATTTT?

I demand the new crafting skill line be fully grindable in 2 hours playtime, DOWN WITH ZOS.

Haha! So true.

Sheesh. Get a grip folks.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only remember seeing one material node in 10 hours of intensive play testing when I was out there. And, there were only 12 of us on the entire server. I was all over the map doing the MQ and had Keen Eye skilled up. I did not notice one node in the couple of hours I have spent so far on the PTS. While I would normally say that is due to other players, but the nodes should respawn.

So, Jewelry Mats are scarce.

I don't mind the research times, I don't mind slowish leveling from decon. What I do mind is not having any mats to use to make the things or upgrade them.
    Edited by Nestor on April 17, 2018 10:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mike_skleinub17_ESO
    A couple hours of grinding Dolmens can fill an inventory of decon-able stuff pretty quick. I literally had 200 pieces saved up until it was pointed out that pre-release stuff can't be deconned. As fast as Alikr runs go, probably not even that long.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I only remember seeing one material node in 10 hours of intensive play testing when I was out there. And, there were only 12 of us on the entire server. I was all over the map doing the MQ and had Keen Eye skilled up. I did not notice one node in the couple of hours I have spent so far on the PTS. While I would normally say that is due to other players, but the nodes should respawn.

So, Jewelry Mats are scarce.

I don't mind the research times, I don't mind slowish leveling from decon. What I do mind is not having any mats to use to make the things or upgrade them.
    "Nestor wrote: »

I’m sure you’ll be able to buy all the dust you need in the crown store.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

I agree totally.

I can't help thinking that some of the players currently upset about this thought they could stockpile jewelry, and then when the new profession was launched be able to hit the cap in a few hours at most and be the ones to corner the market on their guild traders with CP160 items. I'm glad ZOS didn't see it that way, first in respect of pre-launch jewelry and second in respect of the time needed to level up the profession.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only the grind of all grinds, but if you pay for Jewelry Research Scrolls from the crown store, (Which is literally the FIRST thing you see, when you log into the PTS in the form of a full screen advertisement), you will have access to crafted jewelry months before people who choose to accomplish it in game.

Remember how long it took to get 9 traits on blacksmithing, Clothing etc. You could spend months researching, or just spend a "few" crowns and get access to very powerful gear instantly.

I'm not screaming pay to win but if you pay, you will have access to strong gear combinations months sooner than everyone else. Doesn't sound like a good direction for the game to be taking.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 17, 2018 10:21PM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I found plenty of jewellery seams in starter areas and easily improved my jewellery crafting level with minimal effort from de conning rings I found in chests.

it's not hard, really.

'Seek and ye shall find.'
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.