The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What is this steel tornado build i see everyone run lately?

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It always comes down to Steel Tornado. Not the other morph, not Pulsar, not even Sap Essence - it's always Steel Tornado which is most hated.

The DW damage makes this skill hit very hard for an AoE, it has huge range AND even serves as an execute! If you simply de-slot Killer's Blade or Executioner for this, you're sacrificing nothing and gain an undodgable execute with group utility.

I'm all for removing AoE caps. I simply think Steel Tornado needs a slight nerf. Just a slight one.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a 9m aoe execute that cost a reasonable amount of stam. not hard to actually figure out why its popular again with the removal of aoe caps. Deals up to 100% more damage based on targets missing health.

The question at this point is what sets?

here is a current theory build i'm working on.
    seventh legion
    hem ja's
    krags monster
    dual wield, two handed

i've always wanted to use hem ja in a build. the reason is major berserk only comes from 2 sources. this set and the blade of woe. i could be wrong here but as i understand berserk both minor and major are calculated at the end of the damage line. i don't think this extra damage is cut in half in pvp. so if you do 10k damage that would be half in pvp. so 5k plus minor and major berserk would be 32% extra damage or somewhere around 1600 extra. with steel tornado that 6600 could be 13200 in pvp. of course thats only if this works this way. Regardless that's a lot of extra damage and when zerg fighting, well death is every where.

so i hope this kind of helps the OP.
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    a 9m aoe execute that cost a reasonable amount of stam. not hard to actually figure out why its popular again with the removal of aoe caps. Deals up to 100% more damage based on targets missing health.

seventh legion
    hem ja's
    krags monster
    dual wield, two handed

i've always wanted to use hem ja in a build. the reason is major berserk only comes from 2 sources. this set and the blade of woe. i could be wrong here but as i understand berserk both minor and major are calculated at the end of the damage line. i don't think this extra damage is cut in half in pvp. so if you do 10k damage that would be half in pvp. so 5k plus minor and major berserk would be 32% extra damage or somewhere around 1600 extra. with steel tornado that 6600 could be 13200 in pvp. of course thats only if this works this way. Regardless that's a lot of extra damage and when zerg fighting, well death is every where.

so i hope this kind of helps the OP.

Acuity is the set that drives this build. It works best on stam sorcs and stam blades.
    Edited by Zagnut123Zagnut123 on March 29, 2018 12:24AM
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

seventh legion
    hem ja's
    krags monster
    dual wield, two handed

so I hope this kind of helps the OP.

You can also get Major Berserk from Reapers Mark and Storm Atronach
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes reapers does but its 5secs and only activates on the marked targets death. storm is similar in that you have to synergize and lasts 8 seconds. neither of those are reliably sustainable in a prolonged fight. hem ja requires any death within 28 meters and you dont have to even tag them. its just something dies boom buff active.
    Options
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rise of the stamblade in groups, oh yesh! >:)
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes reapers does but its 5secs and only activates on the marked targets death. storm is similar in that you have to synergize and lasts 8 seconds. neither of those are reliably sustainable in a prolonged fight. hem ja requires any death within 28 meters and you dont have to even tag them. its just something dies boom buff active.

Yeah, I've been kinda wanting to make a stamina "bomb build" with Heem-Jas & Thrive in Chaos (DW ulti morph that buffs all damage by 5%/target hit, up to 30%) for some absurd Shrouded Daggers->Steel Tornados.

Just missing the Asylum DW :/
    Edited by DDuke on March 29, 2018 8:49AM
    Options
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I can attest that a well-timed Thrive in Chaos into Steel Tornado is a thing of beauty.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its because its the easiest move to land even when you are lagging and it does very good damage.
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Its because its the easiest move to land even when you are lagging and it does very good damage.

Stop necroing threads... jesus... This isn't even relevant anymore in the slightest...
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it a lot lately on my medium Dk. Not gonna give out my build though.

Edit:Nvm this is a necro, but 4 man ST spam is the only legit way to deal with stamblade terror so I went that route.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 23, 2018 7:17AM
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    It always comes down to Steel Tornado. Not the other morph, not Pulsar, not even Sap Essence - it's always Steel Tornado which is most hated.

The DW damage makes this skill hit very hard for an AoE, it has huge range AND even serves as an execute! If you simply de-slot Killer's Blade or Executioner for this, you're sacrificing nothing and gain an undodgable execute with group utility.

I'm all for removing AoE caps. I simply think Steel Tornado needs a slight nerf. Just a slight one.

now that DW is working at last as intended, after 4 years waiting to get it fixed, and NOW it is in line with magicka AoEs, now you yell for a nerf??? it already got nerfed, remind 4-5 patches ago, reason: no reason, just because ZOS can nerf all and everything anytime..........................
    Options
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) It’s very, very easy to play
    2) It’s effective
    Options
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as it recently resurfaced. Old threads have the potential to contain outdated information that is no longer relevant. if you feel a topic still warrants a discussion it is better to create a new thread then to reply to an old one such as this.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.