The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Huge Dragon Statues Appearing on PS4-NA

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don’t know how, but people are installing colossal dragon statues in their homes made of various materials. I was just invited to 1 particular home by a buddy, and saw for myself giant dragons made of crystal and some other structure. While this is the first time I’ve ever seen dragons of this particular design, I have in the past been invited to people’s homes (post-Dragonbones) to check out their dragons that they had added. Each time appearing more grand and spectacular. Before looking at these dragons, I was invited to another buddy’s house where they had a giant tiger-like dragon illuminated by soul gems.

Below are some pictures of the 2 most recent structures I encountered. And even then, these pictures don’t do them justice. The scale and dimensions are flawless, and need to be seen in-person for yourself. The detailing of where the fires are positioned, and overall lighting is insane.

qQohD9O.jpg
KyunLTZ.jpg
6GIfgDM.jpg
Ruusdr8.jpg

As a side note, I don’t know who is creating these extravagant figures in people’s homes. But, your work is incredible. And I’d be willing to hire you for your services.
Edited by Ch4mpTW on March 15, 2018 4:59AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Shout out to the architect
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NewBlacksmurf That’s what I’m saying. I don’t know who is going around building these structures for people, but their craftsmanship is beyond superb. I mean some of the statues I’ve seen could easily be used as a template for ZOS to go about making NPC’s off of.

But what really amazes me is how little resources it takes up of the property. Notable houses have a 700 limit, and yet these titanic structures can be placed with plenty of room to spare. It’s truly remarkable.

I’m salty af that I didn’t think to save a few pictures of the tiger-dragon thingy I saw the other day. It was ridiculous, bro. The scales were made of soul gems and or some illuminated crystals. It was so beautiful.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me why eso housing is so interesting.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh *touches the head, it all falls apart* Uh... *whistles nonchalantly*
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o:o:o
    Very cool
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually... I’m curious now. Where does 1 even go to acquire the emeralds, and or green crystals? Same with the pointed black materials. Where are they acquired from? I had never seen them prior to being introduced to these statues which keep popping up in people’s houses.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff !
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hah I see what you did there

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nobody knows where to get those black spiky things, and or emerald-like crystals? I’m starting to feel like Knuckles from Sonic. Lol. Gotta track down those gems.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh so they are everywhere. I was wondering how they got that dragon.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Actually... I’m curious now. Where does 1 even go to acquire the emeralds, and or green crystals? Same with the pointed black materials. Where are they acquired from? I had never seen them prior to being introduced to these statues which keep popping up in people’s houses.

Green crystals from Vvardenfell achievement vendor, if I remember correctly, they cost about 25k each -plus achieve needed
    The black ones seems like the Coldharbour rocks, way cheaper -5k each for the big ones i think, no achievement required.

Not only it looks amazing, but that last crystal dragon must have cost at least half million gold!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »

Green crystals from Vvardenfell achievement vendor, if I remember correctly, they cost about 25k each -plus achieve needed
    The black ones seems like the Coldharbour rocks, way cheaper -5k each for the big ones i think, no achievement required.

Not only it looks amazing, but that last crystal dragon must have cost at least half million gold!

If they are that expensive, then yes. At least half a million is correct. I wish you guys could’ve seen these 2 statues for yourself, as they are so remarkably accurate (in regards to dimensions and proportions). Not to mention the symmetry that is involved. You can kinda see this somewhat on the back of the crystal dragon, but again. It is something that must be seen for yourself.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Green crystals are the bottom of the Glass Crystals, Bed. The other greenish one is the combination of different types of Glass Crystals. These crystals could be acquired from an achievement vendor after finishing quest in the south-east of Vvardenfell (Piligrim's problem quest or smth like this). The dark black material - probably some rock from oblivion or ebonite crystal, not sure really
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 15, 2018 9:59AM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a general idea how these dragons were built. Some program similar to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399052/immaculate-constructions-here-build-arcs-bridges-spirals-circles-spheres-domes-walls-floors-stairs#latest with preprogrammed coordinates and quaternions for furnishings. The program probably leverages an API designated for this working as a client instead of being addon. But that's only my speculation
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 15, 2018 10:06AM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn they look nice! Awesome Job.

Here is a pretty good overview where to find stuff for your house: http://lovelynorth.com/achievementfurnishings/

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a general idea how these dragons were built. Some program similar to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399052/immaculate-constructions-here-build-arcs-bridges-spirals-circles-spheres-domes-walls-floors-stairs#latest with preprogrammed coordinates and quaternions for furnishings. The program probably leverages an API designated for this working as a client instead of being addon. But that's only my speculation

@NoTimeToWait Here’s the thing, however. These structures are ALL built on console. No ads-ons or anything like that. So whoever is the architect is behind these things, is a truly brilliant mind.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on March 15, 2018 11:01AM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NoTimeToWait Here’s the thing, however. These structures are ALL built on console. No ads-ons or anything like that. So whoever is the architect is behind these things, is a truly brilliant mind.

That's why I said that the developer leverages API not via addon, but from some client application, which is running on a desktop. You can still make calls to a server from your computer, it doesn't matter whether it is PS4, XBOX or PC version of the game. But you need to know protos (protocols and encryption) used in such calls and this could be an issue
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are very creative and awesome.

I have a buddy create some elaborate things in his houses. Crazy puzzle mazes in the sky etc.

The only draw back is the number of furnishing slots. The inside of the houses were empty. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Wow, this is really awesome. Thanks for sharing!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these are incredible!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4895431
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And all I want is a table so my candle doesn't have to sit on the floor.
  • Calderon06
    Calderon06
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is really awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Give us more Furnishing space in our houses and we should be able to make something greater :)
    VV
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB crazy statues plz.
  • Nocturnal_Annoyance
    I've been to that house in game and was awe struck as well. There's someone else I know of on PS4 who has built some amazing things with the thrones.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to that house in game and was awe struck as well. There's someone else I know of on PS4 who has built some amazing things with the thrones.

@Nocturnal_Annoyance Ah, so you know what I’m talking about. Those pictures really don’t do them justice. Those structures are something you have to actually walk around and examine for yourself. They’re magnificent.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Vvw-VENOM-wvV who made those. He has many houses with this sort of thing. You can find him in my Mournhold trading guild, Aldmeri Nation.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Vvw-VENOM-wvV who made those. He has many houses with this sort of thing. You can find him in my Mournhold trading guild, Aldmeri Nation.

@GoodFella146 Ah. Well tell Venom that he is a very talented individual. His status are phenomenal.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>

As a side note, I don’t know who is creating these extravagant figures in people’s homes. But, your work is incredible. And I’d be willing to hire you for your services.

I was expecting something not this impressive. Whoever did the the first one...that's the best use of Colharbour rock I've ever seen. Kudos!
  • Ajitator
    Ajitator
    ✭✭✭
    This thread inspired; Me next to my partially complete BlackSoul Dragon

https://imgur.com/a/KIXRG

(work in progress), Using boxes for shape and then layering Black Soul Gems for scales.. Pricey but this thing looks awesome at night.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajitator wrote: »
    This thread inspired; Me next to my partially complete BlackSoul Dragon

https://imgur.com/a/KIXRG

(work in progress), Using boxes for shape and then layering Black Soul Gems for scales.. Pricey but this thing looks awesome at night.

@Ajitator Damn that’s beautiful. Where’d you get those purple crystals?