Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Jabs & Puncturing Sweep Delay

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been using those on my Templar since they nerfed them into the ground in Morrowind and HotR directly with the scaling change and indirectly with the sustain changes. They are supposed to have fixed that but now they bugged the animation. Zenimax being Zenimax, since at least 2002 :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since Monday's patch it's been affecting many ults too, such as Leap, Dawnbreaker, Resto ult, etc. Jabs and Sweeps definitely have it the worst, though. Honestly a pain in the ass to play Templar right now.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. Mondays patch introduced the problems Templars had on the PTS. Don't know what ZOS is doing for programmers these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRrJZIwSBuI
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and still- we have no comment from the ZOS folks- Ihope they get to this thread soon with some info!
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Currently the only fix I've found is to throw in a light attack with dual swords. It should stop the animation from bugging out. It's attacking with 2+ consecutive attacks when the problem occurs. It's particularly noticeable in Cyrodiil, when latency shoots up due to large player presence.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I, like others here, thought it was lag. So many beoken skills right now. In Vivec last night. I saw the damage from my Leap fire off about 1 sec after I was dead. Lol
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the patch Monday I, and several guild mates, have had an issue with there being a delay in the response of jabs/sweep. after a hit or two of them they suddenly pause. no amount of hitting the skill button will get them to respond, then they strike again, then they pause. nothing hits and animation. if you then walk away from the fight and wait, you will hear the SNAP noise of the strike and see 3 dmg #'s pop up suddenly. (if you have the in-game ui Combat Text on) even on dead bodies. My friends and i ran several tests. we took of individual set pieces to stop gear proc animations. We tried with and without AOE and DOT's. It ALMOST acts like lag we have experienced in cyrodial only this is happening EVERYWHERE. in dungeons, at zone world bosses, in duels, everywhere we fight things bigger than a skeeter. mobs, solo targets, nothing seems to make a difference. @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I know the issue was screen shot and posted in another thread showing the damage numbers popping up over a dead npc, but the poster made no mention of the skill pause. they are tied together. PLEASE HELP! I submitted a bug report yesterday in game and have not received a response yet.

Oh crap.. this again. I had this issue with my DW StamPlar, I think back around One Tamriel and also Morrowind patch, but haven't had the issue since CWC. Apparently, it is reoccurring issues and some of you guys are affected by it. I'm not sure what the hell is going on there.

Contrarily, I am actually experiencing better performance with both of my DW and 2h StamPlars these past few days following this patch. Not sure if mine is a bluff fluke, but I'll take it. I was leary about the changes to Biting Jabs and Puncturing Sweep, so, I tweaked the Physical Weapon Expert and Master-at-Arms and up to 9% and 18%, respectively. Now, I haven't use these toons in PvP, but for PvE, not only am I not experiencing the broken issues, but my damages are far more than it has ever been. I have actually been seeing damage ticks from 5-8k and even into the 10-11k tick with crit. I have never seen these numbers previously.

Sorry, you guys experiencing the pain, but if mine is a fluke, please don't change it ZOS/developers. I am actually enjoying rampaging through PvE land with both of my StamPlars even more. I am not sure what is up with you guys. I hope it gets fixed soon, and no change or downgrade to what I have been awesomely experiencing; this, without food or Major Brutally buff, mind you. I'm not sure how higher the tick numbers would be yet, as I haven't use the blue food or buff with MB.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I, like others here, thought it was lag. So many beoken skills right now. In Vivec last night. I saw the damage from my Leap fire off about 1 sec after I was dead. Lol

A couple of nights ago my Soul Assault didn't go off until two or three seconds after I had activated it -- meaning it channeled itself while I was using other skills. I dropped Soul Assault because that is definitely an exploit, given how wonky ults work now.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely broken PVE and PvP. Fix please. Respond please. This is the class defining offensive and defensive skill!
    Edited by JackAshes on March 1, 2018 4:08PM
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was encountering this on one of my Templars yesterday evening. I couldn't figure out if it was a similar issue with DW where the abilities lag/lock up a half second (and DW players like me have given up hope of that ever being fixed) or an issue with the animation lagging/hanging. Either way, it needs to be fixed. It's very disruptive to any playstyle or rotation that uses that abilities, which is core to Templars.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    If it gets totally unbearable and you have to drop sweeps (like everyone with high ping), check out this shameless plug of a build video for a DPS ranged MagPlar with no sweeps.

Ideally sweeps would work, but second best option maybe.

No-jabs builds remind us that zos should make burning light proc on any DMG not just AS use. :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Silver021
    Silver021
    Soul Shriven
    This is happening to me also since the patch! Extremely irritating please fix this.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word from ZOS on the disaster they dumped on us this past Monday with that crap patch?
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word from ZOS on the disaster they dumped on us this past Monday with that crap patch?

nope @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?? Any word?
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and wasn't flame lash supposed to have the delay and not be spammable anymore? all the dk's I'm running into are spamming THAT no problem
    NA EP CP1200+

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump. Same issue here.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jabs definitely seems to be a lot more glitch and hangs up now. Definitely something up.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not even the whole problem with jabs atm. Yes, if you spam around 3 jabs, one will miss, no animation, no sound, just a break without casting, you cant even cast something else. afterwards that not castes sweep has a delayed income on the enemies, as some already told. jabs did hit dead enemies and even in duels, the damage of jabs even landed after duels ended and you revived. the most annoying thing about it, it causes health desyncs like stupid. revived enemies, who got the damage after reviving, have a health bar stuck at less than 100% health. this is not shown to anyone, but when you run around with 40% health but you actually are full health is pretty annoying. second, the damage of those jabs, which are not casted, cause invisible damage during longer fights, again causing health desyncs the other way round. a lot of people i fought on my magplar and also i experienced this, that you died with 50% health, still wandering around for some seconds. it is not lag, you are dead with 50% health, since the damage of jabs is calculated, but not shown to the enemy.
    please fix this as soon as possible.
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• kahnau64
    kahnau64
    Soul Shriven
    well then a weekend out in the woods since the stamplar is dead atm and its my one and only char.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same with Sweeps and BoL. Totaly unplayable. No damage, no healing for group. Dear ZOS, maybe you just remove Templar class from the game entirely, if you don't like him that much?
  • Swiss_roll
    This thread deserve bump until they fix the issue.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn´t find anything about fixing this issue in today´s patch-notes. Here goes another week of bugged Templar.......
  • Arieark
    Arieark
    ✭✭
    joy
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Didn´t find anything about fixing this issue in today´s patch-notes. Here goes another week of bugged Templar.......

I figured it might fall in the generic desync notes. We should probably test when we can.
  • Swiss_roll
    Resolved the animation, health, and effects-related desync issues introduced in the previous incremental patch.

Maybe this. We will see.
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tested it in a vet SC I, sweeps seem to be fine now.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, this should be resolved after today's patch. Could you let us know if you're still having issues?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rickard_karstarck
    Today's patch fixed nothing in terms of skills not firing when bar swapping and animation cancelling.

I can no longer buff myself by using skills and bar swapping to cancel the animations properly.

If I try to activate 3 buffs, by bar swapping each buff, it will consistently miss a buff.
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    Today's patch fixed nothing in terms of skills not firing when bar swapping and animation cancelling.

I can no longer buff myself by using skills and bar swapping to cancel the animations properly.

If I try to activate 3 buffs, by bar swapping each buff, it will consistently miss a buff.

It was not the question