The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Outfit System Feedback

Raijindono
Raijindono
✭✭✭
The outfit system is a much needed update! However, there are some things that are simply unfair:
  1. You put all this work into an outfit only to have your guild tabard ruin it. Would it be possible to just add a setting to hide the guild tabard? I want to support my guild and have the name show with my character name. I just don't want a tabard to cover my outfit. I honestly can't see why this setting doesn't exists since we have a "hide helmet" option right now.
  2. If that didn't burn enough, then you have to collect all of the motifs on your other characters to create the outfits again... Can we just make motifs account-wide? It's a lot of effort and gold to collect these. Most people have a "main" character where they get all of the achievements and collect all things. I feel like motifs are a lot like the color swatches in this regard. Thanks @Naomi_K for the update <3
  3. If all of the above wasn't infuriating enough, you pay 1500 crowns for a new outfit slot which isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things UNTIL I found out that it's PER character...
Edited by Raijindono on February 18, 2018 4:05PM
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    You need to log into your character that knows the motifs. The motifs will then be unlocked as account wide collectables for the outfit system, that all your characters can use to make outfits.

The price for outfit slots is insane :( They should make them account wide.
    PC EU
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭
    OH! Thanks @Naomi_K! I'm really glad that this is a thing!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NVM, I see someone else already pointed out what I had to say. OP may want to edit the OP so it is correct.
    Edited by idk on February 18, 2018 4:03PM
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hi @Raijindono,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We can definitely understand the desire for an option to hide a guild tabard and while we can't guarantee your ideas will be used, we truly appreciate them and will keep them in mind when working on future updates.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hi Raijindono,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We can definitely understand the desire for an option to hide a guild tabard and while we can't guarantee your ideas will be used, we truly appreciate them and will keep them in mind when working on future updates.

Please. Either there needs to be any option to hide the guild tabard or the motifs that have the chest piece turn black with a tabard equipped need to be fixed. Or both.

I wanted to add this to my comment. I tested the motifs I had with a guild tabard, and these were the ones I found that had the glitch with turning black.

My current list of affected armor styles (All my owned motifs, not all motifs):
    Abah's Watch
    Apostle
    Ashlander
    Bloodforge
    Dreadhorn
    Ebonshadow
    Ebony
    Hollowjack
    Militant Ordinator
    Ra Gada
    Skinchanger
    Telvanni
    Trinimac

That's a lot of motifs that I can't use on my chest piece if I want to wear a guild tabard and not have my armor turn to a pitch black body mesh.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 19, 2018 3:04AM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya the unlocking outfit slots should be account wide. That is just ridiculous.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the new Outfit system, but probably in the opposite way from most people.

Whereas most users seem to be experimenting with different looks and styles, I'm using it equip stuff with different styles but keeping my same look as before.

In this case, my Imperial Nightblade has always (and continues to) fully worn Medium Imperial armor. There've been times before where I'd complete a quest and would receive a specially-named piece of armor that while was a higher level than piece of armor I was already wearing, it wouldn't allow conversion to the Imperial style, so i would end up either selling it or deconstructing it. :(

The new Outfit system allows me to "convert" said new piece of armor to the Imperial look and equip it instead. :)
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the new Outfit system, but probably in the opposite way from most people.

Whereas most users seem to be experimenting with different looks and styles, I'm using it equip stuff with different styles but keeping my same look as before.

In this case, my Imperial Nightblade has always (and continues to) fully worn Medium Imperial armor. There've been times before where I'd complete a quest and would receive a specially-named piece of armor that while was a higher level than piece of armor I was already wearing, it wouldn't allow conversion to the Imperial style, so i would end up either selling it or deconstructing it. :(

The new Outfit system allows me to "convert" said new piece of armor to the Imperial look and equip it instead. :)

Nope, that's pretty much how I'm using mine as well. Disguising my Monster Sets and dyeing my weapons steel-colored rather than bright red is the majority of my costuming efforts for most of my characters.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The outfit system is amazing, out done my expectations and the team who spent their resources and time putting it together are brilliant and deserve every bit of credit. :)

Been using the system on all my characters and now hunting down motifs that before I was not bothered about. Really has been a great addition to the base game. 100% top notch happy camper here. Hats off to ZoS.

The only thing (and I don't like leaving on a negative) I will not be buying other outfit slots like I planned on doing before launch. The price is beyond high and with it not being account wide was a bad marketing idea (in my view). Will see if that changes.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    The outfit system is amazing, out done my expectations and the team who spent their resources and time putting it together are brilliant and deserve every bit of credit. :)

Been using the system on all my characters and now hunting down motifs that before I was not bothered about. Really has been a great addition to the base game. 100% top notch happy camper here. Hats off to ZoS.

The only thing (and I don't like leaving on a negative) I will not be buying other outfit slots like I planned on doing before launch. The price is beyond high and with it not being account wide was a bad marketing idea (in my view). Will see if that changes.

Yeah, the system itself is great and I really love it. But with additional slots not being accountwide it sadly sees too little use.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Sarousse
      Sarousse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We need a hide tabard option. Please add it. <3
    • MW2K
      MW2K
      ✭✭✭
      And make it /hidetabard, not buried deep within the options/UI.

Add /hidehelm too - make it toggle.

You know you want to, Zenimax.
      Edited by MW2K on February 19, 2018 9:08AM
      Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
    • Twenty0zTsunami
      Twenty0zTsunami
      ✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_Holden wrote: »
      Hi @Raijindono,

even if you dont allow hiding of the tabard, you should allow us to choose a guild to represent witha guild tag by our names.
    • Wayshuba
      Wayshuba
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am mixed on the current outfit system. Some of my thoughts:

1.) I do like FINALLY being able to use motifs I liked for appearance while having the dropped sets I still want for my build.

2.) I love finally having weapons normal colors instead of all red.

3.) I do NOT like that it only applies to crafting motifs. For example, I like the new armor style in Fang Lair but want it for my StamDK. Set wise though, it is a MagSorc set. It would be better if it were like monster trophies that once you get the "drop" it is added to your outfit system.

4.) ESO Plus members should be allowed to dye for free. That you can dye normally worn armor and costumes for free, but then have to pay to dye an outfit is strange.

5.) The 1500 Crowns for ONE outfit slot is completely and utterly laughable. Other games with outfit systems do something similar (so many slots for free, other bought with in game currency or store currency) and they charge about $3.00 for an outfit slot. $15.00 for an outfit slot is FIVE TIMES the general rate in MMOs. I could understand if it was account wide, but just for one character, definitely well beyond reasonable. If I remember right, it was 350 Crowns on the PTS. Then it went live at 1500? Furthermore, there should be an option to purchase extra outfit slots with gold.

6.) The outfitting gold costs are..... strange. The fact you can spend upwards of 30,000 gold for some outfit dye combinations makes no sense. This is about looks - an important part of MMOs - and this only discourages use of the system too often because of the exorbitant expense.

Long story short, it is nice to have the outfit system since it is a staple of almost all MMOs. The costs, however, whew boy did ZoS jump the shark on that aspect.

At the end of the day I sometimes wonder what ZoS is sometimes thinking with their pricing. With a $15.00 price tag on an outfit slot, how many people are going to avoid buying additional slots as a result? How many would have bought them at $3.00 a slot? If 10,000 people looked at the $15 tag and said no way who would have otherwise bought at $3, ZoS just lost $30,000 in revenue. Kind of the same issue with housing - it's digital goods. The idea is to sell as many of them as you can, not price it so high it discourages a lot of people from buying it.
      Edited by Wayshuba on February 19, 2018 11:55AM
    • Aesthier
      Aesthier
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1. Bring dying to the actual weapon side of the house and don't limit it to only the outfit section.
      2. Give crafters back our ability to change an items motif style like we had before Outfitter. (the actual gear not the outfitter version)

Other than that very nice product.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MW2K wrote: »
      And make it /hidetabard, not buried deep within the options/UI.

Add /hidehelm too - make it toggle.

You know you want to, Zenimax.

I believe that you can quickslot the hat collectible and effectively toggle the hide helm option.
    • Pennylong
      Pennylong
      ✭✭✭
      I like it a lot and over all I am positive about it but it's far too expensive especially 1.5k crowns for one costume slot.

I'd prefer it if dying was free as this would offset the cost of changing an outfit. Costume expenses shouldn't really be limiting factor when it comes to defining yourself in game.
    • Aeeeek
      Aeeeek
      ✭✭
      Its a pain having to go to an outfit station to toggle hiding my helmet. Sometimes its not even an option.
    • DMuehlhausen
      DMuehlhausen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You need to be able to just hide any item and not have the actual armor show up.

On my current outfit I don't want my shoulders to show up at all, but I can't do this.
    • ecru
      ecru
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You need to be able to just hide any item and not have the actual armor show up.

On my current outfit I don't want my shoulders to show up at all, but I can't do this.

Yeah this. Please let us hide whatever pieces we want. Being forced to use ugly shoulders on every outfit just looks bad.
      Gryphon Heart
      Godslayer
      Dawnbringer
    • Fleshreaper
      Fleshreaper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree about the price per slot should be account wide. Collected drop sets should be added as well, probably will be in the future.

But the one thing I would like to see is being able to see the item sets on my toon without having to drag them over to the slot. I think you should be able to click on a item piece and have it previewed on your toon. This would greatly speed up the process of finding an items that goes well with the over all look.
    • jcaceresw
      jcaceresw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All this issue with the over exaggerate crown prices makes me think this game is not as successful as they are trying to appear to both new and veteran players.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aeeeek wrote: »
      Its a pain having to go to an outfit station to toggle hiding my helmet. Sometimes its not even an option.

Try using the Hide Your Helm hat.

Collections ->Appearance -> Hats -> Hide Your Helm

That should cover over the hats from costumes and outfits (not disguises and Polymorphs use Settings -> Gameplay -> Hide Polymorph Helm) and can be quick-slotted as a toggle.
    • VaxtinTheWolf
      VaxtinTheWolf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree about the price per slot should be account wide. Collected drop sets should be added as well, probably will be in the future.

But the one thing I would like to see is being able to see the item sets on my toon without having to drag them over to the slot. I think you should be able to click on a item piece and have it previewed on your toon. This would greatly speed up the process of finding an items that goes well with the over all look.

You haven't tried double clicking?
      || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
      || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
      || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
      PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    • BloodWolfe
      BloodWolfe
      ✭✭✭✭
      Wayshuba wrote: »

1.) I do like FINALLY being able to use motifs I liked for appearance while having the dropped sets I still want for my build.

3.) I do NOT like that it only applies to crafting motifs. For example, I like the new armor style in Fang Lair but want it for my StamDK. Set wise though, it is a MagSorc set. It would be better if it were like monster trophies that once you get the "drop" it is added to your outfit system.

4.) ESO Plus members should be allowed to dye for free. That you can dye normally worn armor and costumes for free, but then have to pay to dye an outfit is strange.

5.) The 1500 Crowns for ONE outfit slot is completely and utterly laughable. Other games with outfit systems do something similar (so many slots for free, other bought with in game currency or store currency) and they charge about $3.00 for an outfit slot. $15.00 for an outfit slot is FIVE TIMES the general rate in MMOs. I could understand if it was account wide, but just for one character, definitely well beyond reasonable. If I remember right, it was 350 Crowns on the PTS. Then it went live at 1500? Furthermore, there should be an option to purchase extra outfit slots with gold.

6.) The outfitting gold costs are..... strange. The fact you can spend upwards of 30,000 gold for some outfit dye combinations makes no sense. This is about looks - an important part of MMOs - and this only discourages use of the system too often because of the exorbitant expense.

Long story short, it is nice to have the outfit system since it is a staple of almost all MMOs. The costs, however, whew boy did ZoS jump the shark on that aspect.

At the end of the day I sometimes wonder what ZoS is sometimes thinking with their pricing. With a $15.00 price tag on an outfit slot, how many people are going to avoid buying additional slots as a result? How many would have bought them at $3.00 a slot? If 10,000 people looked at the $15 tag and said no way who would have otherwise bought at $3, ZoS just lost $30,000 in revenue. Kind of the same issue with housing - it's digital goods. The idea is to sell as many of them as you can, not price it so high it discourages a lot of people from buying it.

I agree fully and in response to their greed with this system (and other stuff before but this is now the last straw) I have cancelled my ESO+ and will not renew it or buy more crowns. I will continue purely as a free player due to this level of greed and I am sure I'm not the only one; meaning not only did ZOS lose money on those of us not buying Outfit slots they lost my ESO+ and additional Crowns.

Way to go ZOS, absolutely brilliant marketting strategy... push people away and discourage us from spending our money on your product. As I said in another post/response to these prices is that Capcom is happier though because of ZOS' greed... Monster Hunter World on my PS4 is a lot of fun! No more money to ZOS until they change and if not then it saves me money.
    • Mayrael
      Mayrael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Thats how large mall are working, its better to sell cheap but a lot more! These are good that don't need to be produced, you don't have to spend any materials to create it, just click and there you go. Server space? Please... How many bytes will take those informations? Several dozens? All models and textures are stored at our dirves anyway. I want to buy your stuff but im not insane, when I go to store and see something that is not worth its price I simply don't buy it. Period.
      Say no to Toxic Casuals!
      I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    • Jitterbug
      Jitterbug
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      With my motif collection (basic racial plus very few exotic) the system is actually a little meh.
      Its scope is impressive but I ended up using costumes on all my characters.
    • Chaos2088
      Chaos2088
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Cannot agree with this enough. -clinks mug of coffee to PC screen-
      @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    • cabbageub17_ESO
      cabbageub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      The additional outfit slot prices are absurd. At that price they should be account wide. (You could still offer cheaper individual character bound slots for people who don't do alts) This crown price is so high that it really sours me on an aspect of the game that I was really looking forward to. To the point I would have bought a bunch if they were reasonable and now I'm buying none. I fully understand funding the game and am happy to do so ... reasonably. The system of course is new but all these art values were already made. ESO+ members should at the very least get more per character. I've been a 6mos at at time subscriber since launch (minus a few months when my gaming computer blew up) but I just changed it 1 mos and am seriously considering dropping if prices continue to seem so predatory.

The in-games prices at the changing stations are a little high for those who probably would want them most (RPers and aesthetics people broke from buying motifs and less likely to be high end gamers).

You shouldn't need a whole outfit slot just to dye your weapons.

There should be more hide features. Particularly shoulders.

While I understand this may be too difficult to implement ... using assets that you buy from Costumes in the Outfit system could help sell even more of those individual costumes.
      Edited by cabbageub17_ESO on February 19, 2018 6:45PM
    • jimmulvaney
      jimmulvaney
      ✭✭✭
      I dunno about you but when I heard they were going to have weapon dyes, I was pretty much expecting what we already have with shields, and not having to pay extra gold to test out various weapon colors. For example; I can dye each piece of armor and my shield just as before, but not my weapon and in fact, the outfitter leaves a big empty space to the left of shields which in my opinion just looks a bit sloppy UI -wise. However, when I want to dye my weapon I have to pay a minimum of 700g for all three colors, and I can't test it out without also paying to have my shield colored as part of an outfit. Switching back to no outfit reverts my weapon colors back to default. I am not complaining, I just think it needs improvement and can be improved upon. Also, if there is a better way of sending suggestions, lemme know I was looking myself but did not see anything and any insight would be appreciated.