Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this Personality Bugged? If not, can I get a refund?

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm only asking this here as the "Support" page for ESO is rather unhelpful and I can't find a way to directly contact support via email through it.

Around 10 minutes ago I decided that I was going to purchase the "Thief" personality as I thought it fitted well with my new Outfit, I was careful to preview every animation it came with first and after reviewing it for a solid 5 minutes as to make sure I didn't waste my money I decided to purchase it. I also tried looking up videos on Youtube for what it looked like but non were very helpful.

After purchasing it I quickly found out that some of the animations that I thought it came with simply didn't exist. I am not sure if this is because I misunderstood what the labels for the animations meant or if the costume is bugged or something else.

In the "Preview" of the Personality it showed these:

"Walk"
unknown.png?width=424&height=555

"Jog"
unknown.png?width=418&height=555

"Run"
unknown.png?width=472&height=556

As there are only 3 possible speeds to move at in ESO (To my knowledge after 2000+ hours) Walking is a toggle, I assumed "Jog" was regular movement speed and I also assumed "Run" was Sprinting movement speed.

However when I equipped the personality my walking and regular movement animations worked fine but the sprinting animation remained exactly the same as the regular sprinting animation.

My Sprinting Animation With personality Equipped:
unknown.png

This irritated me as I thought from the previews that the personality was going to change my regular movement and my sprinting movement.

The next thing that I noticed was that another one of the animations just didn't seem to exist.

In the "Preview" it showed these:

"Crouch"
unknown.png?width=531&height=555

"Crouch Walk"
unknown.png?width=500&height=555

"Crouch Run"
unknown.png?width=487&height=555

I assumed the "Crouch Walk" animation was regular crouch speed and the "Crouch Run" was the animation that played for people who either had Vamprism or were running an Armour Set that increased Sneak Movement speed.

However, as a vampire, my Crouching movement animation remained exactly the same as it was.
unknown.png

This meant that the 2/3 (Idle[Tick], Sprinting[Cross], Sneaking[Cross]) of the main reasons I bought the personality for, either don't work or aren't what they were advertised as.

So I am here asking whether this personality is bugged or if the costume just doesn't contain the animations I thought it did, if the case is the latter then I would like to formerly request a refund. Yes I know on the support page it says that Crown Store refunds are not allowed but I felt that the confusing labels led to false advertising of what i thought I was buying.

In the future ZOS, I'd recommend adding a "Test" feature to mounts, costumes and personalities where people can run around in a small instanced room so they can check / ensure that their purchase is all that they thought it was.

Thanks

Edit: Made multiple fixes to formatting and miswording
Edited by Mashille on February 13, 2018 5:55PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animations work just fine for me on PS4. Not sure what you play on, but it's possible they broke something recently (really wouldn't be the first time they've done it.)

I use the Thief personality on my Khajit and there is a distinct difference in his default sprint and the one contained in the personality.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Jog" is a feature only available to controllers, as far as I know. You can jog when you press forward on the analog stick, but not forward enough to trigger run speed. I don't think it's possible with a mouse and keyboard setup.

If you toggle walk can you get the crouch walk? e: nm misread the issue, I think the Vampire passive has overridden other animations in the past.
    Edited by rhapsodious on February 13, 2018 6:03PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is simply a problem with PC, because keys on a keyboard are on/off, and not gradual like joysticks on a controller. Look to see if you can change some keybinds or find an add-on would be the only possible solutions. If you want a refund, you would have to go through support, and the result of that depends on the call support makes.

On a side note, I totally agree that there should be like a 60 second test option for crown store items, to see how they would actually function in-game as opposed to just how they look (although the current preview is infinitely better than not seeing any preview, or just a static image preview).
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Marginis

The problem I have is that I cannot find a way to contact support about this. I have tried looking through their support page to just find an email address so I can sort it out but find nothing :/
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance someone at @ZOS could help me with this?

Either clarifying that the Personality is currently bugged and the animations will be fixed in a patch soon, in which case that's fine or tell me that the costume does not in fact support the animations I wanted in which case could I get a refund?
    Edited by Mashille on February 13, 2018 7:47PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the vampire animations. Their stealth run overrides your equipped personality. It was probably intended to help fix the issues back around 1.4 when Vampire and Night's Silence stacked, so you could get speeds of 185% in stealth as a Vampire. This also resulted in an utterly hilarious crab sprint animation. Where you'd duck walk at warp 7.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @starkerealm

Thanks for the info. As I had no idea that being a vampire would invalidate one of the main reason's I bought the personality, on top of the fact there's no sprint animation, reckon there's any chance that I would be able to get a refund from ZOS, or is it a lost cause?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    starkerealm

Thanks for the info. As I had no idea that being a vampire would invalidate one of the main reason's I bought the personality, on top of the fact there's no sprint animation, reckon there's any chance that I would be able to get a refund from ZOS, or is it a lost cause?

You can go down to stage 3 if you don't mind losing the stealth bonus and other miscellaneous boons/banes as a workaround to get the correct sneak animation back, but if you politely yet firmly ask for a refund there's a decent chance they'll grant it. (Emphasis on politely. Firmly, too, but politely.)
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @rhapsodious Where do I go to ask for one though?

Is there some kind of general customer support email I can contact?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    starkerealm

You can go down to stage 3 if you don't mind losing the stealth bonus and other miscellaneous boons/banes as a workaround to get the correct sneak animation back, but if you politely yet firmly ask for a refund there's a decent chance they'll grant it. (Emphasis on politely. Firmly, too, but politely.)

There have been sporadic reports of Customer Service refunding purchases that had specific interaction defects like this. It's not common, but the advice above is sound. Be polite, remember that's just someone doing their job and reading from a script, they don't have infinite authority to make you happy. But, they do have the authority to reverse this transaction if you're polite, and clear about your issues.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident/

Platform -> Billing -> "I'd like to request a refund"

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rhapsodious Where do I go to ask for one though?

Is there some kind of general customer support email I can contact?

F1 in game will get you the help menu, with a customer service option along the top of the window. Alternately, you can file a ticket from out of game on the account site. You should see it in the upper right hand corner of this page (assuming you're not on mobile, I can't remember where that version of the site hides it.)
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @starkerealm @rhapsodious

Thanksa tonne both of you, you've been really helpful. :)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome! Good luck.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the vampire animations. Their stealth run overrides your equipped personality. It was probably intended to help fix the issues back around 1.4 when Vampire and Night's Silence stacked, so you could get speeds of 185% in stealth as a Vampire. This also resulted in an utterly hilarious crab sprint animation. Where you'd duck walk at warp 7.
    @starkerealm Please tell me you can link me a video of this happening. I would love to see this.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @starkerealm Please tell me you can link me a video of this happening. I would love to see this.

I don't. Sorry. I don't stream, and a quick search doesn't show the animation glitch that used to occur, just what the players would see, which was far less goofy.