The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher Reinstall Stuck on Loading

Esmaralda
Esmaralda
✭✭
I reinstalled the launcher because I keep getting [error 206 patchmanifesterror_unzipfailed]. Now it's stuck on Loading. I tried restarting the launcher but it didn't work.
♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    So did I, having reinstalled the launcher to the suggested folder for Steam, as I run the game on Steam.
  • rannon03_ESO
    Not using Steam, but Reinstalled the whole game but launcher hangs on Loading and wont move past it.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the same error here! I was in the game, got up for a soda came back to the desktop and the patch error and deleted everything to reinstall but the launcher won't get past loading now.
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on February 1, 2018 12:03AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • kryda
    kryda
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Stuck on load screen after attempting to reinstall.
  • Penitent_Sorc
    Penitent_Sorc
    ✭✭
    Yuuuuup, thought I was being all smart and stuff by doing the ol' uninstall and reinstall. Please fix soon!
    Emperor of Tamriel
  • rannon03_ESO
    Yuuuuup, thought I was being all smart and stuff by doing the ol' uninstall and reinstall. Please fix soon!

Yeah I rushed to fast to reinstall as well lol
  • Jamellian
    Jamellian
    ✭✭
    I had the same error " 206 Patch Manifest"
    Really weird though, as I had played a couple of hours just prior to getting this error. No problems at all for a good year or so, then when I look forward to Having a good time in the imperial sewers, WHAM.

After following all ZOS suggestions, decided to reinstall. NOW the launcher won't start and just Hangs indefinitely.
    Getting really frustrated with this. Gonna have to reinstall all my addons too. Thanks for the frustration.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uninstall visual c++ 2010 x86 and x64. Then install launcher again to let it reinstall them. Don't delete or uninstall the game though. This worked for me recently when stick with the loading message after update to Fall Creators edition.

Edit: Here is a link for the steps

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30595/
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on February 1, 2018 1:57AM
  • rannon03_ESO
    Uninstall visual c++ 2010 x86 and x64. Then install launcher again to let it reinstall them. Don't delete or uninstall the game though. This worked for me recently when stick with the loading message after update to Fall Creators edition.

Edit: Here is a link for the steps

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30595/

Can Confirm this worked for me. Thanks so much!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Greetings Everyone,

We are aware of the issues players are having with the launcher and receiving Error 206. These problems should now be resolved. You may need to restart the launcher in order to proceed. We are therefore closing this thread, as ongoing discussions can be found both here and here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.