The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who is in the wrong here? Toxic duo couple pledge

• yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    You have more patience than me. 52 minutes? I can't see myself holding out for that. Right vs. wrong just doesn't come into it.

I'd have just asked myself how important that extra key was. Very important? Drop group, get another one. Not very? Run the damn boss how they want to and put them on ignore.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your fault for queuing up without a full group.
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long story short: OP wasn't to nice in its kind of asking why and got tauhgt a lesson.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you are wrong.....did you ask at the very beginning if the intent was HM or not? It’s a PUG....and you’re dealing with other people.

Is a co-op encounter so learn to work together, just because you wanted one thing and they wanted another......doesn’t make them wrong and you right.

Learn to discuss what happens and figure out how to get it done with your group

OR

Don’t PUG
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 26, 2018 2:09PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I have ever done that boss using the levers.
    Also, it is usually assumed that hard mode will be done for the daily pledges as far as I have seen.
    Normal dungeons are for one key runs!
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    In 2 and a half years playing I think I've only ever been in one group where levers are pulled. I still have no idea how and what to do with them :D

This. What do the levers even do?
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't say you wanted to do hm at the beginning then you guys are.

I run Pugs every day, very rarely had anyone mention at start that they want hm.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and people are suggesting trials be added to GF (Grief Finder?)

The lesson here is a 52 minute pledge - possibly all three HM dailies could've been done in this amount of time. You guys probably had no dps/mechanics issues until this point. I understand the principle of disallowing a jerk "getting away with it", and I'm glad you 2 manned it to at least finish and not have it be a complete waste of time. However, these are situations to avoid, not escalate.

At the end of the day ask yourself - why am I letting people like this rent space in my head? That's how the jerks "win"; they make you think about them.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That conversation went on waaaay too long and took up an hour or more of your time. First rule of successful Activity Finder use: Just bail if you sense things going South. No need for the animosity to develop on either side.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, if strangers in a group don't want to do hardmode I just tend to go with the flow. If they don't want to do I'm not going to put myself in a situation where it lasts 52 minutes and we get into an argument. 1 key isn't worth all that wasted time. I'll just get more the next day, the next day, and the next day.
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    People actually do Veteran Darkshade 2 on non-hard mode? Seriously?

It's come to this point of the game where EVERYBODY has self-heals. There should be no excuse on doing it on hard mode. The poison phase literally does zero damage if you're healing with Vigor, Surge, Rapid Regen, Springs, BoL, Rally, whatever.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulling the levers is just dumb. While the levers are being pulled the players die from the Poison phase. I've seen it happen many, many times. I always write in Chat before entering the area for the final boss that it is easier and better to just kill everything and leave the levers alone. Doesn't matter if it is a Pledge or not.

This happened just a few days ago. I was Tank in a PUG and I think the other three were grouped specifically to run this dungeon. The Dungeon Finder put us together. They were in voice chat. So when I wrote about not pulling the levers one of them wrote "No one has died yet". I just chuckled to myself. So in we go and they all died. Yes, all three of them. How many times? At least six times. I kept writing in Chat that they were going to keep dying and to DPS the boss. I don't remember how many times I rezzed them. Finally one of them decided to finally stop pulling the levers and the other two kept pulling them and dying. Me and the one DPS (Sorc) kept working on the boss and finally killed it. As a DK Tank my group DPS percent was over 40%. Ridiculous considering it pulls around 2.4KDPS on a good day. The fight was very long.

So I agree, do not pull the levers. Hard mode is easy.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    That Poison is nasty but can still be simply ignored if the group stays together and the Healer spams through it. So since the two of them kept insisting on bypassing that by spending the time to do the levers which is actually more of a time waster than just healing through the poison, and then they started giving you crap and slinging it at you in chat, yeah they're kinda in the wrong. It's a good thing the 4th in your group was your bud or else you probably would've been booted by bully mentality.

Spot on. Healer can easily keep them alive.
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

We're closing this thread as it violates our policy on naming-and-shaming. Feel free to start a new discussion on this topic that stays inline with our forum rules.

Thanks.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.