Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Achievement For Learning All Traits on All Items

Ashtaris
Ashtaris
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Believe me, I'm not an achievement hunter, but one of the things that has bothered me since the game was released is that ZOS has never recognized the crafter who has learned all traits on all weapons & armor in the game. It takes approximately 11 months starting from scratch to do this if you don't use any research scrolls, with the commitment to make sure your character has all research slots full, plus the expense or time for farming Nirncrux. Seems like a slap in the face to crafters when ZOS gives achievements for just about everything in the game, including jumping off a cliff :) I think it's time for crafters to get recognized for their dedication @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by Psiion on March 7, 2022 1:47AM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 - 'tis a true achievement
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. There should also be a hidden achievement for learning every recipe (food, drink, and furnishing!) in the game. Maybe it could reset when new recipes are added.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 20, 2017 12:44AM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternately, I got the achievement popup in game for finding my 2500th lorebook but it doesn't show on the achievement list.
    Edited by M_Volsung on December 20, 2017 12:51AM
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Alternately, I got the achievement popup in game for finding my 2500th lorebook but it doesn't show on the achievement list.

I think this is a notification from an addon, but I'm not sure. IIRC my hsuband got the same thing when he was using Destinations to find books/papers/etc.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 20, 2017 1:54AM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »

I think this is a notification from an addon, but I'm not sure. IIRC my hsuband got the same thing when he was using Destinations to find books/papers/etc.

Makes sense, I use that addon too.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there's no achievement for this because the total number of traits and items is not actually fixed. It's possible that at some point in the future new weapons, armour/clothing pieces, or traits might be introduced into the game. What would happen to this achievement then? Would people who got it for completing 9 traits on all the current 34 items lose the achievement, or would people who hadn't got the achievement at that point just have to work harder for it. Either way it would just cause a whole lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm just pleased that having 9 traits on all items increases the drop chance for master writs. To me, that's what really counts.
    PC EU
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there's no achievement for this because the total number of traits and items is not actually fixed. It's possible that at some point in the future new weapons, armour/clothing pieces, or traits might be introduced into the game. What would happen to this achievement then? Would people who got it for completing 9 traits on all the current 34 items lose the achievement, or would people who hadn't got the achievement at that point just have to work harder for it. Either way it would just cause a whole lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I'm just pleased that having 9 traits on all items increases the drop chance for master writs. To me, that's what really counts.

They could do it the same way they do for fishing. Master Angler is for the base game and Cyrodiil. Each added DLC has it's own achievement for fishing that area. They could do the same with crafting if they ever added anything new.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    agree
    PC-EU @lientier
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a nine trait crafter I would like this, and maybe it can come with a title too :smile:
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, started all the way back when VR16 used to be a thing.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love more achievements like this.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed and signed.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Despite what ZOS says, I’ve never seen any real evidence that having all traits or all motifs really gives you that much of an increase in the Master Writ drop rates. I have one Master Crafter who has all traits and 95% of all the motifs in the game and still doesn’t seem to acquire MCW’s more than any of my other characters who just have the basic blue & purple (Daedric, Barbaric, Primal, etc.) motifs and not all traits. If there is an increase in the drop rate, it could be something like a 5% (.05) increase of something like a 5% basic chance which is not enough to make much difference :)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

Despite what ZOS says, I’ve never seen any real evidence that having all traits or all motifs really gives you that much of an increase in the Master Writ drop rates. I have one Master Crafter who has all traits and 95% of all the motifs in the game and still doesn’t seem to acquire MCW’s more than any of my other characters who just have the basic blue & purple (Daedric, Barbaric, Primal, etc.) motifs and not all traits. If there is an increase in the drop rate, it could be something like a 5% (.05) increase of something like a 5% basic chance which is not enough to make much difference :)
    I followed two weeks what master writ drop rates my crafters at different levels had.

Crafters with 9 traits and all motifs below 150k per motif got 20% more gear master writs than crafters with 8 traits and all motifs below 10k per motif. Making a wild guess from a too small sample we shouldn't make statistics, moving from 8 to 9 traits increases master writ chances by 10% (assuming the other 10% comes from extra motifs, but I have no evidence that).

Looking into just one crafter the difference is practically invisible. RNG alone causes much more variation than trait difference.

Crafters below 7 traits got hardly any gear master writs. But they also didn't have epic motifs nor had any effort in crafting achievements. So the minimum level of a crafter for master writs is: 7 traits, all cheap epic motifs, all easy achievements in crafting like crafting an epic/legendary item.

Two 7trait crafters bring in more master writs than one 9trait. But, of course, two 9trait crafters do bring in even more. :mrgreen: Learning 9 traits isn't wothless effort. Although there is no in-game achievement, it surely is a moment of celebration once reached.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For master writs, the statistics have shown that RNG is a much larger factor in determing drop rate than proficiency. Meaning you're much better off doing writs in large numbers, on 8-12 amateur alts, instead of doing it on 1-3 master crafters. Once again ZOS sticks to the rewards of randomness instead of proficiency.

And as I wrote elsewhere, in the last couple of chapters and DLCs, you have a million titles, achievements, dyes and skins locked behind vet trials, vet dungs and battlegrounds.

But spending ages of time and gold on getting every provisioning recipe in the game, learning every trait on every item and even collecting furnishing plans barely gets you an achievement here and there, and certainly nothing as fancy as a title or a dye.

That there is no Master Crafter title in game yet is a disgrace. And what about finding almost every one of the many tens of thousands of books in the game for eidetic memory? Not even an achievement unlocked.

It's quite clear to see what kinds of achievements ZOS value and reward, and if they aren't connected to your battle prowess and DPS numbers, it's apparently not important.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    For master writs, the statistics have shown that RNG is a much larger factor in determing drop rate than proficiency. Meaning you're much better off doing writs in large numbers, on 8-12 amateur alts, instead of doing it on 1-3 master crafters. Once again ZOS sticks to the rewards of randomness instead of proficiency.

And as I wrote elsewhere, in the last couple of chapters and DLCs, you have a million titles, achievements, dyes and skins locked behind vet trials, vet dungs and battlegrounds.

But spending ages of time and gold on getting every provisioning recipe in the game, learning every trait on every item and even collecting furnishing plans barely gets you an achievement here and there, and certainly nothing as fancy as a title or a dye.

That there is no Master Crafter title in game yet is a disgrace. And what about finding almost every one of the many tens of thousands of books in the game for eidetic memory? Not even an achievement unlocked.

It's quite clear to see what kinds of achievements ZOS value and reward, and if they aren't connected to your battle prowess and DPS numbers, it's apparently not important.

As someone that enjoys doing everything in game, except vMSA..... I agree, all parts of the game should be rewarded. PvP and PvE has their own dyes and titles and costumes, non combat oriented stuff like crafting or exploration should have been given better rewards. Stuff like that also gives the game a longer life span, its easy things to add comparatively to new PvE Content but makes people want to put effort into doing more things they normally would not. We see this a lot with the events, they all make you do different things to earn the rewards, open you up to things you might not do as often. Giving us more dyes and titles for Crafting and collecting recipes and blueprints will make people more inclined to put in the effort, won't work on everyone but a lot of people will still be pulled into it and we will all be better off for it.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

this
    PC-EU @lientier
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    Achievement in all aspects of the game is a joke!!!
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread and the fact it contains outdated information, we have gone ahead and closed this down. If anyone would like to continue this discussion, please feel free to do so on a new thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.