The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3 Days of Error 303 UR killing the game

RonRay33
RonRay33
This is the 3rd day of repeated Error 303 on both EU and NA servers. Please fix this. It is no way to maintain ESO Plus, or any players interests.
How can anyone do writs when you cannot load the next toon without repeated ERROR 303s when trying to switch ?
  • iqoologiceb17_ESO
    iqoologiceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly ERROR 303 is some kind of TIME OUT ERROR. So you can try disabling addons especially the ones that show mats locations and such (Harvest Map) bacause SavedVariables file is too large. Sometimes Master Merchant or similar addons can do the same.
    PC EU
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RonRay33 wrote: »
    This is the 3rd day of repeated Error 303 on both EU and NA servers. Please fix this. It is no way to maintain ESO Plus, or any players interests.
    How can anyone do writs when you cannot load the next toon without repeated ERROR 303s when trying to switch ?

when there's a problem with the servers there is generally more than a lone voice shouting about in the forums and on reddit... that should tell you something, maybe you should start investigating things at your end
  • RonRay33
    RonRay33
    If I remember correctly ERROR 303 is some kind of TIME OUT ERROR. So you can try disabling addons especially the ones that show mats locations and such (Harvest Map) bacause SavedVariables file is too large. Sometimes Master Merchant or similar addons can do the same.

Thank you. Your comment was most helpful.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You may use this thread for continued discussion regarding Error 303.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 8, 2017 2:52PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • snailbrick
    snailbrick
    ✭✭
    If it really had to do with this addons, why is it just starting up in the last few weeks. I have used those addons for over a year and a half now. Something else seems to have changed.
  • RonRay33
    RonRay33
    snailbrick wrote: »
    If it really had to do with this addons, why is it just starting up in the last few weeks. I have used those addons for over a year and a half now. Something else seems to have changed.

Well, in my case the increasing size of MM's history seems to have been the problem. Resetting the memory and setting the limit on the number of days to hold the memory, has apparently removed all my problems.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this problem started today on my account > PC EU

i was in game with no problem at all for a few hours, then i decided to change character and it started.
    now every time i switch character i get an Error 303 message and have to login again.
    i have to do this about 5 times until i get in.

i always can login, reach the characters menu but after i pick one, it stuck on loading and send me to login with the Error 303 message.

i checked my connection and i'm with a normal bandwidth around 10Mbps and a nice ping, so... it doesn't seem at my end.

anyway, i still can access the game, but it takes a lot of time and tries to start.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    this problem started today on my account > PC EU

i was in game with no problem at all for a few hours, then i decided to change character and it started.
    now every time i switch character i get an Error 303 message and have to login again.
    i have to do this about 5 times until i get in.

i always can login, reach the characters menu but after i pick one, it stuck on loading and send me to login with the Error 303 message.

i checked my connection and i'm with a normal bandwidth around 10Mbps and a nice ping, so... it doesn't seem at my end.

anyway, i still can access the game, but it takes a lot of time and tries to start.

Have you read the previous posts? Are you using addons?
  • Defatank
    Defatank
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to throw my 2 cents in here.

I started getting Error 303's last week, it slowly got worse, started getting longer initial load times once I selected the character I wanted to play. Came across this thread and checked out my SavedVariables folder under live, it was holding 245MB worth of info.

My MM was holding probably a good 8mo worth of info in it. Reset MM, Then Refreshed MM. Logged out, switch to another character. Day and Night difference of switching between characters now.

Granted I lost a TON of data from sales but the switching between characters seems to be good now and loading in much faster at the initial character selection.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution here really ought to be widely publicised both by ZOS and on the sites promoting addons. People are very quick to attack ZOS for performance issues but there are so many occasions when the answer to those issues is much closer to home - not least in respect of addons.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a slight variation. Only ONE of my characters (the same one over and over) keeps getting Error 303. And she uses fewer addons than my other characters since she's essentially a bank character (and shouldn't be oversized addon data files as it doesn't affect those other characters). I was logging her in each day of the New Life Festival without issue, but cannot get her to log in today no matter how many times I try.

Edit to provide more info:
    Server: PC-NA

Edit #2: suddenly fixed
    Edited by Tevalaur on January 5, 2018 3:35PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    RonRay33 wrote: »
    snailbrick wrote: »
    Well, in my case the increasing size of MM's history seems to have been the problem. Resetting the memory and setting the limit on the number of days to hold the memory, has apparently removed all my problems.
    For what it is worth, in my experience, the limit on the number of days to store data for an item has been meaningless. When I contacted the developer about it, the reply was that his characters have a MM database of 500,000 sales without any problems.

Since then, the developer has revised the Reset feature so that its reduction of data in the Saved Variables files is not so drastic as it was before. Using it after the number of records is more than about 120,000 helps to keep MM memory usage under control.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 10, 2018 8:23PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm getting 303 only on 1 char out of 8. Can someone explain me how I can fine tune MM without losing stored data? Should I reset it anyway?
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Same there. A clear instructions about what to do exactly would be very appreciated.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still getting Error 303, removing add-ons can often help resolve this error.

To completely remove add-ons from The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, players should perform the following steps:

PC:
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.

If you still receive Error 303 after removing add-ons, please contact customer support for more help.
    Staff Post
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    We know it's addon related. Any way to check some report which one causes the failed login/connection?
    Edited by Bevik on January 15, 2018 4:13PM
  • RonRay33
    RonRay33
    Bevik wrote: »
    We know it's addon related. Amy way to check some report which one causes the failed login?

Disable one at a time and then see if the problem has gone away. You might think about it, too... Since it seems to only happen with one of your toons, think of how that one might have more info store for it than the others: something like storing the location where that one found many mats more than others... etc.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like the Error 303 when switching characters returned today.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was having 303 error. Gave up on running the game on this system. It's a backup. But it happened on my main comp too. Couldn't log into characters. Ended up I had to update due to a win10 update. Those updates mess with my system. I shut them off as a result but updated with system updates that were sent from manufacturer. It stopped at that point. I'd check that out. I think updates were also the issue on this comp but I got tired of fussing with it.
  • mendesbettonrb18_ESO
    mendesbettonrb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this problem too and lol, no, i'm not removing any of my addons.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i started to get Error 303 on EU server today. every time i switch character i get that error repeatedly. i need to do a lot of tries until i get access to the game.

it really takes a long time: login, load screen, pick character, another long load screen, back to login, then start again... over and over until somehow i get access and everything seems ok until i need to load another character.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh! it's worst now. now i'm getting Error 307 "booted from server".

what does this mean? is there any problem with my account?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh! it's worst now. now i'm getting Error 307 "booted from server".

what does this mean? is there any problem with my account?

It just means that you got booted. No one knows why. (EDIT: <-- not entirely true. 307 may mean logged into both megaservers at the same time)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9324
    Edited by Elsonso on March 11, 2018 10:10PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (EDIT: <-- not entirely true. 307 may mean logged into both megaservers at the same time)

:open_mouth: and how can i do that?

or better... how can i NOT do that? :smiley:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (EDIT: <-- not entirely true. 307 may mean logged into both megaservers at the same time)

:open_mouth: and how can i do that?

or better... how can i NOT do that? :smiley:

I am just saying that is one possible cause. I mention it in case you were trying to see if you could log into both NA and EU, maybe not at the same time, but back to back.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after all looks like it might be some problem or restriction on my account.
    yesterday i quit playing because i was stuck with errors 303 and 307.
    today i'm not being able to login. always get error 200 now.

this is quite weird.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i finally got access to the game but now when i try to change character i'm always redirected to the login menu and simply get a message saying "an error has occurred", with no more info or number. over and over and over again.

what's going on with this game?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now adding to all the previous errors i described before, i'm also booted to the login menu when i'm doing the pledges and i reach the last boss of a dungeon.

this game is completely ruined. it's becoming really awful to play this thing :(

oh! and there's another funny stuff: after i get booted, when i return to the game (it takes a while because of all the errors) i never return to the group dungeon or even to the place where my character was before i entered the dungeon, instead i return to some place where i play long before i launched the dungeon O_o

weird stuff.
    Edited by NeKryXe on March 12, 2018 11:16PM
  • Silly2202
    Silly2202
    ✭✭
    Here is how i have fixed it:
    I have removed MM and Lidhistory, with all the data. Thou i still had the problem, so i then started to look at Harvestmap. when i only remove the Harvestmap addon map in C:\Users....\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns the problem was gone. But i still want my addon. So i have removed all data from Harvestmap in C:\Users....\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables and reinstalled Harvestmap with 0 Data. Yea... all the data i have collected over 4 years of having the addon, gone. So i then did this:
    HARVEST MAP
    This addon does NOT come with any precollected resource locations, this addon will only display the locations you discovered yourself. However, you can download locations that other players discovered by using the HarvestMap-Data addon.
    The download.bat used to come with the addon, now you have to install it separately.
    You can download all pins in HARVEST MAP with the HarvestMap-Data addon.

Close the game with quitting to desktop.
    Go to the eso folder on your c: (Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\HarvestMapData)
    Use DownloadNewData.bat and do what it says.

Now i have the "world Data" from Harvestmap and not my map :cry: but it did fixed my problem. i now dont have the error 303. i do beliefe that if you reinstall MM and Lidhistory again it will be all good, but when you do have these addons make sure to becrease the amount of data it can hold.

I hope this will work for others aswell.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread already resolved and over three years old, we are now closing the thread from further discussion. You can start a new thread in General Help if you are having any login issues.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.