Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Grouping Issues, Mysterious Reward Boxes & Maintenance Announcement

• FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning, we’ll make sure you receive your extra sweepstakes entry (if you meet eligibility) and are looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box.

We apologize for the frustration this may have caused, and appreciate your patience.

I appreciate your acknowledging this issue, and working to fix it. That said, I hope you give everyone a box for every character they have over level 10 and extend the event by a day.

I would have run this on 7 characters, but was only able to get it to work for 2. I tried for a solid hour on my third character (queued as a Healer, with 2 DPS in my group). I'm not going to sign onto the other characters and try to queue though, knowing it's broken.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to even ask but will nore time to the event for the effected eu sever be added because other wise alot of people miss a day of the event i dont think every server should get a extra day just the eu as we lost one because this shouldnt be a problem the game should have happened as the dev's should had expected more people the lft is fauled and now eu pays for the bug with 1/7 days lost ot of the event maybe if not hit the eu server up with some crown creates because even the free players are think this is a buggy game atleat on the eu server we need something to remedy this or you probs will gain zero new players from the eu server just imo but i pretty sure that is the best solutionbut only for effect servers as other wise other servers are at a advantage which is unfair all im asking for eu doesnt get treated like its sub rate amd not infront of all the new free players who could be anyone including maybe a writter for a game mag or something
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FYI: We anticipate downtime for this maintenance to be a few hours, though PC and PS4 will likely come back online before XBox (since Xbox will have a patch accompanying it).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 minutes que'd as a tank. Working as intended so we all agree maintenance at 6pm est? Only to be fair
  • Yo_Langland
    Yo_Langland
    ✭✭
    In order to address the grouping issues encountered since the dungeon event began, we're planning to bring all megaservers down for maintenance tomorrow morning beginning at 6am EST. The plan is to fix various issues relating to grouping caused by such a large number of players using the system including being unable to leave or disband a group, pass lead to another player, queue for a dungeon through the Grouping Tool, or the UI stating someone has declined a group even if everyone has accepted.

Due to the type of fix this entails, we're also planning to publish the Xbox One incremental patch during the maintenance time. Included in this patch is the fix for the long loading screen issue.

For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning, we’ll make sure you receive your extra sweepstakes entry (if you meet eligibility) and are looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box.

We apologize for the frustration this may have caused, and appreciate your patience.

Should I submit a ticket for my 6 boxes I wasn't able to get then?
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait just a minute...so your patch got certified by MS already and could have pushed the Xbox patch before December 4th...but just chose not to...not cool ZoS...not cool at all...
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    The PS4 groups are NOT fine. I just spent an hour and a half struggling to get through the queue and having to requeue several times to finally get one random dungeon to work. It would say forming group then kick me back out to the queue over and over or else it did the thing where it says someone declined the queue when they didn't.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Wait just a minute...so your patch got certified by MS already and could have pushed the Xbox patch before December 4th...but just chose not to...not cool ZoS...not cool at all...

I think they are choosing to though. So we can't really get mad.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Wouldn't have if this grouping issue hadn't cropped up...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We don't know that. I just think of all the stuff we can criticize them for today, which is plenty, this is pretty low on the list. They might have just found out it was approved by Microsoft today.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 1, 2017 3:30AM
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't know that. I just think of all the stuff we can criticize them for today, which is plenty, this is pretty low on the list. They might have just found out it was approved by Microsoft today.

Adding an extra week to PVP being unplayable might be low on your list but not on a lot of others...
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI: We anticipate downtime for this maintenance to be a few hours, though PC and PS4 will likely come back online before XBox (since Xbox will have a patch accompanying it).

:(

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Adding an extra week to PVP being unplayable might be low on your list but not on a lot of others...

I promise you it's not. Go look at the loading screen thread I have been extremely critical of ZoS through this entire debacle and also believe we deserve compensation for it. However it's reasonable that they found out it was on from Microsoft today and were planning a surprise patch announcement for Xbox tomorrow when the group finder issues erupted. I feel like I have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one that it was going to happen once they got the OK. I want to get back into PvP just as badly as everyone else.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I promise you it's not. Go look at the loading screen thread I have been extremely critical of ZoS through this entire debacle and also believe we deserve compensation for it. However it's reasonable that they found out it was on from Microsoft today and were planning a surprise patch announcement for Xbox tomorrow when the group finder issues erupted. I feel like I have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one that it was going to happen once they got the OK. I want to get back into PvP just as badly as everyone else.

OOOOOKKKKKAAAAYYY...I guess...lol
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big news. I'll have my stopwatch ready to test out the load screens on Xbox. Anything over 2 minutes and you will be hearing from me!
    (Two minutes is still too long for a load screen)

I bet we hear from you no matter what! :p
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big news. I'll have my stopwatch ready to test out the load screens on Xbox. Anything over 2 minutes and you will be hearing from me!
    (Two minutes is still too long for a load screen)

I bet we hear from you no matter what! :p

Fair.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I heard Xbox One wasn't getting their patch fix until the 4th, so how are you guys able to fast track it when in the past every patch date always used the excuse of Microsoft bureaucracy taking longer?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    que worked ok on xb1 today. i ran my 11 characters through GF no issues. was on from 10 am - 3 pm n 9 pm- 12 am.
    ( i almost never play during peak times i know better
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    que worked ok on xb1 today. i ran my 11 characters through GF no issues. was on from 10 am - 3 pm n 9 pm- 12 am.
    ( i almost never play during peak times i know better

Worked for me in the morning EST USA...but went to crap tonight...
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to queue today for vet bloodroot pledge and have been put with with low level cp from -100 to 140.
    I thought this issue was sorted last patch!?
    maybe this is another issue.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Another maint. on Australia prime time.
    And few hours!
    Fml
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got stuck with my second acc (@Jubiee_Cake):I actually wanted to get boxes with that.
    Stuck for almost hour with a single toon so I jumped back to my main.
    If all worked fine, I'd do like 8 tries to do random, not one, if lucky then all 14.
    So would I get 1 box or 8 or even 14?
    Edited by Alex_Lex on December 1, 2017 5:38AM
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you fix the "Loot Drops" too!!!
    1 Lockpick and a "Undaunted Plunder Chest" are pretty crappy "Rewards" for such a hyped up event!!!!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on December 1, 2017 5:53AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    This event is great, and of course great opportunity to ZOS log huge data to fix remaining lfg bugs. I'm glad to find a solution so soon.
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on December 1, 2017 6:00AM
  • Der_Babo
    Der_Babo
    Soul Shriven
    I appreciate your acknowledging this issue, and working to fix it. That said, I hope you give everyone a box for every character they have over level 10 and extend the event by a day.

I would have run this on 7 characters, but was only able to get it to work for 2. I tried for a solid hour on my third character (queued as a Healer, with 2 DPS in my group). I'm not going to sign onto the other characters and try to queue though, knowing it's broken.

^This. I only tried on one char, without any success, so I gave up. Rewarding those who repeatedly TRIED to use a broken group finder and telling those of us who accepted that it wasn't working that they've simply dipped out is unacceptable.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno, could you confirm that only 4 costumes drop from reward boxes?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • IlgaBeck
    IlgaBeck
    ✭✭
    I'm not one to complain about the regular maintainence time thing which affects us one night per week. Not being eligable for the sweepstakes (again) made me a little bitter. Now you choose to take the servers down Friday night prime time? Feels like just one FU after another to Australian players from our friends at ZOS.
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Please consider also fixing nightblade bugs while you're at it.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waited 1.5 hours in the queue before I had to log off yesterday (EU PC). Could have run it at least 4 times on my max level toons. :(
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS. Hopefully you'll be able to find the real problem with the grouping tool and fix it completely.
This discussion has been closed.