The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Play ESO like never before on the Xbox One X"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Play ESO like never before on the Xbox One X. With Update 16, ESO will be optimized to utilize the advanced graphical horsepower of the upcoming Xbox One X, allowing Xbox ESO players to enjoy a multitude of visual improvements. This functionality will be included in Update 16 as a free upgrade for all Xbox One X players. Check out the article to see what you can expect when Update 16 is released for the Xbox One X tomorrow!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this article @ZOS_GinaBruno
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    word of advice: for cyrodiil and trials, run the game at 1080p for better framerate, even if you have a 4k monitor.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    word of advice: for cyrodiil and trials, run the game at 1080p for better framerate, even if you have a 4k monitor.

@ManDraKE
    I'll test it later this week but the article reads as tho the TV drives the resolution only so the performance would be the same as the xbox one x either give native 4k or native 4k down sampled so there may not be a performance difference.

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ManDraKE
    I'll test it later this week but the article reads as tho the TV drives the resolution only so the performance would be the same as the xbox one x either give native 4k or native 4k down sampled so there may not be a performance difference.

You should be able force the resolution to 1080p from the console, otherwise you will be forced to run 4k if you have a 4k monitor. You can also try to set the TV output to 1080p and the console will recognize the output as a 1080p (hopefully at 60hz if the TV supports that refresh rate).
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ManDraKE

You should be able force the resolution to 1080p from the console, otherwise you will be forced to run 4k if you have a 4k monitor. You can also try to set the TV output to 1080p and the console will recognize the output as a 1080p (hopefully at 60hz if the TV supports that refresh rate).

I understand the concept but this isn't like the PS4 Pro
    There is but one resolution per the article for ESO.
    Per the xbox one x article the console will produce the max output set by the developer and down sample that if the TV is 1440p or 1080p so based on how ZOS did this, it shouldn't matter.

I'll test it but I guess I'm saying I don't have a 1080p TV and my receiver is setup for 4k HCP2.2 and HDR10 so that test may not go far
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 6, 2017 3:59PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope my Xbox One X gets here soon!

Thanks for the article. Nice to see what we can expect. Cant wait, going to be awesome!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that could have made this all better would have been if the patch maintenance had been today instead of tomorrow. That way I would have been seeing ESO in all its 4K Ultra-Settings glory when I get home with my box tonight. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the article Gina! So... who will be the guests on live this Friday? More of “the guys” I assume.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we have a master race for the xbox. Im just not in a position to throw down 500 even if i trade in my One...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Thanks for the article Gina! So... who will be the guests on live this Friday? More of “the guys” I assume.

We're planning to have one of the engineers that worked specifically on the Xbox One X on this week's show.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I don't see anything in this article about general performance on the XBox One X. And although there are some "performance" enhancements in the CWC patch notes, I haven't seen any communication from the ZOS team regarding the really, really, extraordinarily poor performance of the game on the XBox One.

I'm not optimistic that the scene graph enhancements are going to make a difference where it matters (which is generally in Cyrodiil and in Trials, where FPS drops down to 1-5 FPS consistently). The game is borderline unplayable.

We also get things like: enchantments run out and the game freezes for several seconds, someone joins/leaves a guild and the game freezes for several seconds, someone posts long text in text chat and the game freezes for several seconds, recharge an enchantment and the game freezes, etc. In other words, it seems like there's something awry wholly unrelated to graphics that's bogging the game down. Almost like the stream of incoming/outgoing events happening in the background is crippling the CPU (which seems ridiculous but I don't know how else to explain it).

Even in raid parses in an empty house with 12 people and a target skeleton, frame drop can be excruciating, and we start seeing things like: synergies are impossible to hit, heavy attacks don't target correctly, skills won't fire for a couple of seconds and then all fire off at once.

I'd really like to know if the X1X and CWC address any of the myriad of performance issues with the game before I shell out the cash to upgrade.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the players using the Xbox 1X have a competitive advantage in PvP?
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

We're planning to have one of the engineers that worked specifically on the Xbox One X on this week's show.

Ooooo the suspense :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the players using the Xbox 1X have a competitive advantage in PvP?

How would they? The One X is just upping the pretty visuals factor, while most of the performance enhancements are Client based so everyone will get the same thing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!