Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 3

Mudslinger
Mudslinger
✭✭
when I login I can get to character screen but when I try to enter the game I crash and get error 3
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Mudslinger

Could you post a screenshot of this error?

This error could be related to addons, so uninstall your addons and try to log in again. To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.

If the issue does not persist, then one of your add-ons is creating the issue. Try re-enabling your preferred add-ons one-by-one in oder to determine which is causing the problem.

If issues persist:
    1. Open the game and go to the settings menu [Esc].
    2. Go to each subsection, Social, Gameplay, etc. and reset all settings to defaults.
    3. Once this is done, try starting the game again.

If after resetting to default and clearing your add-ons and the issue continues, turn off your PC completely, reboot your router and try again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mudslinger
    Mudslinger
    ✭✭
    tried both still same, also I can not get a screenshot as when I get the error 3 it wont take a screenshot
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit printscreen,
    then paste it to paint. (ctrl-v)
    Save as JPG.
    Then post it.
  • Mudslinger
    Mudslinger
    ✭✭
    Kyle.wilson did you see what I said, IT WILL NOT PRINT SCREEN !