The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Un-Hyped for the Witches Festival?

wenchmore420b14_ESO
wenchmore420b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
After reading the news announcement today, I was kinda disappointed and "Un-Hyped".

[quote]If you completed the quest during last year's event, you won't need to acquire the Crow Caller or complete the quest again – you can simply use the whistle found in your Collections menu from last year.
Note that you do not have to use the Witchmother's Cauldron in order to gain the XP buff.
You do not need the XP buff or the undead polymorph active in order for them to drop.
If you had earned these achievements in a previous event, you will not need to earn them again this year. To see which achievements you've already unlocked or to track your current progress, check the Holiday section of your Achievements menu.
[/quote]

So basicly, for those of us who have been living in Tamriel for a while, have already done the Festival last year, we just have to log on, grind a few dolmons for Plunder Chests to get the few new items ( 2 new mask and some furnishing recipes), and done? No new quests? No new achievements? Even with the anniversary festival we had to get a new cake and do new activities.
Not hating. I LOVE ESO! Have played since beta and 6,000+ hours played, and I am a avid supporter of ZoS in many ways and have defended ZoS many times.

BUT! IMO, this seems really lazy on their part. For those of us who already have done the festival last year, all we have to look forward to is just grinding a FEW new items? Really?
Is this going to be the design for future festivals? Copy & Paste last years quests, mementos and achievements?
Yes I know lots will respond about the Double XP, and yes thats great. Have 1 alt I will level, but with most of my toons at max level, XP is not a big thing.
I am happy for those of you who weren't here for last years festival. It is really fun.
Just my 2 Drakes.....
Huzzah!

Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on October 16, 2017 9:10PM
Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
"Not All Who Wander are Lost"
#MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
“When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not in a rush during the last events to get all my alts through the content as I knew the event was coming back. I might run some alts through it. I might even need to get the 100 Skull Achievement, have to check on that.

I am waiting for the Jester Festival, a nice non combat way (mostly non combat) to level Alts and or Skill lines I need.

Also, don't remember the one, but the Crafting Event, can't wait for that one to fill in my motifs.

But Witches, other than the XP Boost, not a lot to offer to someone who has been through it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other people need achievements from last year otherwise they are for ever out of their reach
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still don't see why they didn't start it on the 13th. Perfect setup.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Also, don't remember the one, but the Crafting Event, can't wait for that one to fill in my motifs.

I'm going to start calling my birthdays crafting events.
    signing off
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I was not in a rush during the last events to get all my alts through the content as I knew the event was coming back. I might run some alts through it. I might even need to get the 100 Skull Achievement, have to check on that.

I am waiting for the Jester Festival, a nice non combat way (mostly non combat) to level Alts and or Skill lines I need.

But Witches, other than the XP Boost, not a lot to offer to someone who has been through it.

Its the anniversary event @Nestor ... And I'm most excited for that one too haha
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, dissapointing event for people here last year
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess I will be grinding for those masks to sell since there is got everything last year.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

Some people are superstitious, especially for a bad omen of the HISTORY (look it up) of the Friday the 13TH on the month of October.
    Edited by Inhuman003 on October 16, 2017 7:07PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

Some people are superstitious, especially for a bad omen of the HISTORY (look it up) of the Friday the 13TH on the month of October.
    Edited by Inhuman003 on October 16, 2017 7:07PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion if they would of started it on the 13th rather then the 20th alot of people would of been hyped more about it seeing how they pushed it further to the 20th this year alot of players that was here for last year's event sort of lost interest
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 16, 2017 7:06PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I thought those events were unique for each year. It's true that "achievements" would be locked for those that didn't participate but repeating the same events every year is... lazy and shortsighted.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did everything last year that's okay but I'm still excited about the event and the new mask and furniture is plenty for me!
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it not 2 new masks?
    Hollowjack Spectre Mask
    Thicketman Spectre Mask

I already have pumpkin and scarecrow.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some comments that were inappropriate for the forums. Please keep to discussing the topic and avoid resorting to personal insults.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmmmaaaaaaaaaaaan....nothing new?

i was bummed it wasn't wed 11th...i was bummed it wasn't friday the 13th, ...now no new story or anything?

;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-( ;-(
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can do my alts this year. Didn't bother last year so its good for me. Some newer goodies would have been nice.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bummer that I will be on a business trip to Scottsdale, AZ through most of the event this year. Luckily my main completed it all last year - I was just going to run it with an alt this time around.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    is it not 2 new masks?
    Hollowjack Spectre Mask
    Thicketman Spectre Mask

I already have pumpkin and scarecrow.

Yes, it does seem to be 2....also, the only things to try to grind for if one got everything last year.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazy and short sighted is ZoS's M. O. I'm honestly surprised they're going to do the event again. Appreciate the things you have I guess.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im actually pretty glad that the same achievements came back, because after the last event ended, I realised my main character had only 1 plunder skull left to have all the achievements finished... :D:s

Still worth it for the rewards the skulls give, so Ill just finish it for my main and then continue doing it on another character.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed that they cut the requirements, but I also get that there were a lot of people .... distressed ... at the requirement to dress up to "trick or treat".

I'm gonna have fun, and do my best to get the achievements so I can get the house.

'Cause Fianna wants it, and whatever Fianna wants, Mol gro Durga will do his best to get.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Last year really didn't have a whole lot of content do either, though. It was essentially the same thing, just grab a few ingredients (which most players probably already have on hand in their craft bags), kill a delve boss, and suddenly you've got double xp for a week or so. So complaining about the lack of new content now seems odd, as I wouldn't have necessarily qualified what happened last year as "content." It doesn't bother me that the quest is the same (and therefore, I don't have to repeat it) because it would have taken about 5 minutes to do anyways. The way I see it, I get 5 more minutes of alt leveling. Also, it's cool that our witch caller whistles will get to be used again, to avoid infinitely stacking our collectibles pages with one-time-use holiday collectibles that we will never have reason to use again. I look forward to many more years of Witches Festivals for alt leveling and XP grabs, acting more like a tradition than a content addition.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact is that holidays don't change all that much from year to year. That is a good thing because, in this game, not everyone was here last year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually ok with this, although I understand the frustration. I only had one character last year who got all the achievements, and it wasn't even my main. This year I'm happy to finish off what I didn't do on my main, as well as go for the achievement on my Warden.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't you just have to put on a disguise or something to get rid of the skeletal look ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so the polymorph associated with the xp buff is no more?
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell I still have an unopened box of one of the hats from last year sitting in my junk collection
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what you were expecting, there is only so much Dev time available and there would be more outcry if they pushed the next DLC out a month to give you a new Witches Festival.

It is what it is, I'll restock all of my recipes and Motifs so I can start selling them to suckers again between now and next years event.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    my only concern is how common the armor motiff was, I was kinda hoping we'd get some more rewards simply to apd the boxes.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the pandering to achievement hunters who didn't have the game last year. Each event should just be new, and seal off the previous years achievements.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP